It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trust Based Society or Total Chaos; is it me or them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   
And here you are watching the us jerk day after day.it must be your thing.

Care to add to the subject. Do you think tbe OP has merit? Have you ever been part of a high trust society or just the inner city?
a reply to: Terpene

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

I wish we could live in a trust based society. I wish there were real punishments for crime that actually deterred crime. Jail is just a revolving door. It makes no sense for someone stealing your car to be your fault because you left the keys in it. Obviously someone took something that wasn't theirs. Thats wrong. It's like saying because someone forgot to lock their door at night and a prowler broke in and killed them, its their fault they got murdered since they didn't lock their door. Thats insanity.
edit on 5-9-2024 by Shoshanna because: cant spell

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It can be boiled down to a Constitutional issue.

Theft, for example, is an infringement of rights to own property by an individual or individuals.

Murder is an infringement to the individuals right to life.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Most days the doors to my house are unlocked, same with my car. there are still areas where a trust based society works, of course most people are armed and will shoot a thief with no repercussions from the state troopers. So the crooks stick to the city and the tourist areas.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Perfect Post and it's all just Common Sense.

(post by AwakeNotWoke removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

BEFORE YOU POST.
READ THIS....

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (Redux)

Community Announcement re: Decorum

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If your negligence enables somone to commit a crime he is partly to blame?

Like leaving a gun, or a car accessible for kids...

Owning dangerous tools comes with a responsibility, neglect it and you're partially to blame if unauthorized people get acces to it due to your negligence.

The OP tried to twist my words took them out of context, and cherry picked a quote. This quote is part of a much longer post, with a completly diffrent context. Which goes along the lines i just laid out.

As owner of dangerous tools it is your duty to protect them from unauthorized use. Fail that duty and you are to blame at least partially, in case of being the legal guardian of a kid I'd even say most or all the blame should fall back on you.

But somehow this went right over the OPs head...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Not if a criminal walks into my unlock home, and steals my unlocked gun.

It is against the law for them to come into my home, uninvited.

Why am I responsible for what he does, with what he stole from my home?

I should not be.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I'm from Switzerland kiddo.

My whole country is trust based, we even trust our government. I've lost my wallet, keys, mobile phone couple of times and everything always came back with all the money in it. Hows that for trust based society?

Plenty of farmers that have their goods for sale unsupervised. Well, they have cams... But if you where to enter with a mask and hoodie you could still rob the place blind and maybe get away with it...
Probably not because police are frigging bloodhounds and the tech has become scaringly accurate with things like body language, the pace, the lengths of your steps, clothing and what not.
The few goods are probably not worth the risk...

But yeah, the OP is about making up for his bruised ego because he completly missed the point of what was discussed in the thread he took that quote from...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

What about an unlocked car with the keys in the ignition on a public parking lot? Kid steals it, totals a shop, and your car. Should assurance pay ?

The gun thing could make a great business model, legal gun owner makes guns easily accessible for crimes, a break in gun library with no deterrent. Just report it stolen and he's totally off the hook? Oh wait 10millions of unregistered guns someone might have thought of that already.

People who are alowed to use dangerous tools should not have any duty to protect society from unauthorized acces to those tools?

edit on 6-9-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That explains in all. You haven’t explained anything outside an exceedingly high trust country, with very very very homogeneous demographics.

Crazy the opinions you have coming from such an incredibly insulated place on the diversity spectrum. 80 full blooded Swedes, with just a scant few other precent of middle eastern which I assume have been imported fairly recently inthe last 10 years or so.

Wait until you experience more diversity. Where I live it’s an even mix of English and euro immigrants several generations lots of Ukrainians,polish, and finlanders and Dutch for the white ethnic groups and huge Native American and East Indian and Pakistani.

You can’t leave a blade of grass not locked up in your front yard.

You go to near by “homogeneous” communities, massive high trust, low crime, wonderful .

edit on 8-9-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join