It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Kathy Hochul violates the Posse Comitatus Act

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A citizen journalist confronted 2 US Army officers in front of the Walcott Hotel in New York City, being used as a migrant shelter. (Video) They stated that they were there at the request of the state of New York. Only the governor of a state would be so brazen to even consider violating the Posse Comitatus Act and only a corrupted military empowered by a corrupted government would be so brazen to even consider doing this without presidential authorization.

Gateway Pundit

U.S. Army Allegedly Caught Protecting ‘Foreign Invaders’ at NYC Hotel? Citizen Confronts Military Presence and Demands Answers!
Last week, citizen journalist Jason Goodman, founder of Crowdsource the Truth, captured footage revealing a U.S. Army presence at The Wolcott Hotel in New York City

The army is protecting the invaders. If you think what is happening in this country is going to end well, you are deluded.

edit on 4-9-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Goodman needs to be very careful lest he become the next Michael Hastings.; anybody getting too close to the truth will be a prime target for 'accidental' death.

As corrupt as New York is does anybody believe Hochul had no knowledge of her former top aide's connection to the CCP? I wonderwhat her cut was...

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: oops

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Did they confirm it was the Army?

I didn't see them say that in the story.

It may have been Nat. Guard. I remember hearing they had been called up to secure the subways. It wouldn't be a stretch to send a few to post on those hotels to keep an eye on things.

Though I could be granting them more common sense than they deserve.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I didn't see them say that in the story.

If you were committing an illegal act, would you admit it?

Last week, citizen journalist Jason Goodman, founder of Crowdsource the Truth, captured footage revealing a U.S. Army presence at The Wolcott Hotel in New York City
In footage captured by Goodman, he can be heard confronting the soldiers, questioning, “Is the army...

You tell me.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The Posse Comitatus Act allows governors to utilize their National Guard for law enforcement purposes in their state unless the President has declared a state of emergency and Federalized the Guard, and that hasn't happened.

But Jason Goodman (and therefore you, since you are relying on his reporting) have no clue as to what capacity the Army officers might be acting in while visiting the hotel. They said they are there at the request of the State of New York. That's not illegal.

There is zero evidence that the Army is acting in any law enforcement capacity or "protecting the invaders". Protecting them from what or from whom?

Jason Goodman appears to be an idiot.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I thought the law applied more to the military doing civilian policing.

Unarmed national guard doing government jobs isn’t exactly unheard of. In many cases you’re paying these guys anyways, so you chalk it up as training and save yourself some more employees.

As a kid I went to a water park outside of Fort Hood and that was active duty army who were the lifeguards, full uniform, unarmed.

I think the big issue is once there’s a gun in their hands.

The bigger issue to me is large hotels just filled with illegal immigrants. These sanctuary states are just making the problem worse, and these people just get exploited. It’s not altruistic what they’re doing.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

The Posse Comitatus Act allows governors to utilize their National Guard for law enforcement purposes in their state unless the President has declared a state of emergency and Federalized the Guard, and that hasn't happened.

But Jason Goodman (and therefore you, since you are relying on his reporting) have no clue as to what capacity the Army officers might be acting in while visiting the hotel. They said they are there at the request of the State of New York. That's not illegal.

There is zero evidence that the Army is acting in any law enforcement capacity or "protecting the invaders". Protecting them from what or from whom?

Jason Goodman appears to be an idiot.

When does the Gateway Pundit ever get anything right?

I try to read all links. I don’t bother with GP anymore.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
And I don't watch MSNBC or CNN either

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2
a reply to: Annee
And I don't watch MSNBC or CNN either

Neither do I.

I read various sites to compare and find facts.

GP is not one of them.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I am not deluded.

There are those here who are deeply deluded. They make excuses and justify what is happening. One day, they will shut their mouths; or, more likely, their mouths will be shut.

I find the fact that the military - in any capacity and from any branch - needed to be called on to be disturbing, regardless of whether it is technically legal or not. When things reach a point of potential disorder that military backing is needed, the situation is deep doo-doo.

Yet, here we are...

:
edit on 2024 9 4 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The men in military uniforms have name patches & insignia.
Anyone bother to find out what unit or units they're attached to before jumping to conclusions?
SMH

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The Governor of a state can't activate the US Army, but they can call up National Guard. Am I right on that ? IF those guys are actually Army, they didn't get their orders from Hochul.
edit on 4-9-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The Governor of a state can't activate the US Army, but they can call up National Guard. Am I right on that ? IF those guys are actually Army, they didn't get their orders from Hochul.

As I said, either way the fact that any military needed to be called up to maintain order is a bad sign. If a society cannot police itself with minimal LEO involvement, it's already on shaky ground. When military of any stripe needs to be involved, things are not where they should be.

Again, the same link as an underscore, in case somebody missed it.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

This was not an accident.. This was not being sympathetic to "those poor immigrants"..

This was intentional. NOBODY screws up this bad without doing it on purpose.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I admit it. They are probably National Guard.

But it did make for a juicy headline, didn't it?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I did not see any bars all I saw was some army E4 and the marine and Air Force ranks I could not tell from the pictures reply to: charlest2

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandapower95

I tried to research the patches and think I saw one that indicated NY national guard.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 04:33 AM
link   

The States Governor, doesn't need Presidents permission to activate State Garrisoned Troops. State Guard serves the Governor not the President. Active Duty Military, serves the Commander in Chief, who is also the President, because George Washington was both and it been tradition since.

Any authority Governors have, comes from their State Constitution. Not the federal government.

Federal Government requires permission from the Consent of the Governed. Not the other way around.

Misappropriation is still misappropriation none the less, and many Governors assume they can overreach authority since covid protocols were used to undermine Liberty.

We the People need to be more aware of Constitutional Liberties if We the People are going to do our part.

Keeping the government in check.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Lee Zeldin won the last NY race.
Look at this election map
NY Last Race

NYC controls the rest of the state and there is mass amounts of corruption in the city that dictate the rest of the state. NYC needs to be its own entity like DC. Everyone in the state hates it that doesn’t live in the city.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 06:17 PM
link   
🚨 9.9.2024 - Breaking

New York Governors (and many other officials in that state) are pure CROOKS.

Former Governor Andrew Cuomo PERSONALLY EDITED reports, to hide Covid-19 Nursing Home Deaths!

Insane Cuomo: www.nationalreview.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join