It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Chinese Spy Was Caught Working in New York Governors Office

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I saw a headline about a former NY governor's aide being indicted as a foreign agent of China She worked for Cuomo and Hochul, but Hochul allegedly dropped the dime on her after some suspicious activity. Perhaps threw her under the bus is more like it.
CNN

A former top aide to New York's Democratic Governor Kathy Hochul has been arrested Tuesday on federal criminal charges in a political bombshell. She is accused of acting as an undisclosed agent of China and the Chinese Communist Party. She's been identified as Linda Sun, who had previously served as Hochul's deputy chief for a year, following stints in other positions at the state government level.

The significant list of allegations includes that she worked to advance CCP interests in sate government, and in return received huge sums of money and oversaw the facilitation of millions of dollars in transactions connected to Chinese government business interests.

Perhaps most alarming is that she's alleged to have on multiple occasions blocked the ability of representatives of the Taiwanese government from meetings with NY government officials. Her husband, Chris Hu, has also been arrested, implicated in the conspiracy.

The couple was arrested by the FBI at their posh Long Island home on Tuesday, estimated to be a house worth over $4 million, which has luxury cars in the garage, including a 2024 Ferrari.

The indictment states that while "acting at the request of PRC government officials and the [Communist Party of China] representative, Sun engaged in numerous political activities in the interests of the PRC and the CCP."

She allegedly engaged in "blocking representatives of the Taiwanese government from having access to" the NY governor’s office. Sun is also accused of lobbying to successfully change Gov. Hochul's messaging related to China and Taiwan. She even tried to facilitate an official trip of the NY governor to China.

Prosecutors say the couple laundered the proceeds of their alleged schedule to buy a $4.1 million home in Manhasset, Long Island, a $2.1 million condominium in Honolulu, and luxury automobiles that include at 2024 Ferrari. —CNBC

Hmm... maybe Kamala is really just nervous at the amount of foreign spies caught this year and continue to pile up ... I know people must be alreayd fleeing the country. Where are the Clintons, are they still here? Perhaps Linda Sun will soon commit suicide.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Exposed !! 😃

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'd leak in her, too.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   

“We terminated her employment in March 2023 after discovering evidence of misconduct, immediately reported her actions to law enforcement and have assisted law enforcement throughout this process,” Small said.

She was terminated from that position a year and a half ago and that office aided law enforcement by reporting what they had found.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

“We terminated her employment in March 2023 after discovering evidence of misconduct, immediately reported her actions to law enforcement and have assisted law enforcement throughout this process,” Small said.

She was terminated from that position a year and a half ago and that office aided law enforcement by reporting what they had found.

So it's just fine and dandy to hire a Chinese spy, but once the evidence is overwhelming that they are living far beyond their means to the point that authorities have to step in, then the best thing to do is turn them in and "cooperate" so that you are not personally responsible for hiring them in the first place.

Gotcha.

It's like if I murder someone and "cooperate" with the investigation, then I don't have any culpability.

Well, if I was a Democrat holding a public office.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
no way man, got to have your pull out game in order. Take everything, give nothing!

a reply to: Lumenari

To be fair, I also believe she had worked in that capacity in the state office for a decade, prior under Cuomo. I believe we must certainly look at her potential influence for New York taxpayers during the Cuomo reign, even and especially into the operation COVID scam. He killed thousands of retirees and elder citizens by intentionally exposing them to severely sick individuals, I wonder what potential role she may have played in that during those years?
edit on 9-3-2024 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Oh-So perfect isn't it. Always good when they "help" AFTER the intended damage is done. Like they expect people to believe they were that naïve and dumb "at the time", then all-of-a-sudden became so alert and smart. 🤣🤣

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Good bet these 2 were switched out with volunteer scapegoat actors for the "arrests" and "prosecutions". China spy techniques are very very sophisticated and advanced. 😉

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is just fall out from that Chinese Battery company getting kicked out. My bet is that some "American" company will come in while this Chinese Spy expose causes cover to be given. In the mean time a new Chinese group will come in and start that battery factory.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So it's just fine and dandy to hire a Chinese spy, but once the evidence is overwhelming that they are living far beyond their means to the point that authorities have to step in, then the best thing to do is turn them in and "cooperate" so that you are not personally responsible for hiring them in the first place.

That is your judgment. Is it possible that you prefer that every government office, and maybe ever company everywhere oversee each and every employee day and night? Keep track of where they are going, who they are talking to how much money they spend on flat screen TVs and how often they eat out. No, I didn't think so.

So do you see no possibility that this woman flew under the radar of her employers for years and years? I do. But then, I'm me and you are you.

edit on 08055972024Sep2024-09-03T19:55:40-05:001920242024 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Oh-So perfect isn't it. Always good when they "help" AFTER the intended damage is done.

Like shooting down CCP spy balloons AFTER they've already crossed the US and photographed all our military bases.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Oh-So perfect isn't it. Always good when they "help" AFTER the intended damage is done.

Like shooting down CCP spy balloons AFTER they've already crossed the US and photographed all our military bases.

Yup that too. And don't forget Swalwell & Love Company. 😃

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   

As a NYer, as much as I dislike our Governor, from what I see, she was terminated when discovered. And turned over to law enforcement.

This seems above board to me.

ETA: I a not one who agrees with Bingo often, but there were no rumors floating around before hand, like with Swalwell...or however you spell his name.
edit on 3-9-2024 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Exposed !! 😃

"FORMER aid" says the media. Yes, former because someone at the Gov office new it was coming and nothing can stop what is coming.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 09:04 PM
link   
One down, hundreds to go!

Now do Biden and his family.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Upon further reading, apparently her husband was involved with at least one legal business of his own which could explain the lack of suspicion over their house on Long Island and condo in Hawaii and other luxuries.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Exposed !! 😃

Maybe When former Gov Cuomo testifies before Congress on Sept 10th, he will be asked about the spy, in addition to all the Nursing Home Covid deaths he orchestrated.

Sept 10th testimony coming up: oversight.house.gov...

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It appears Hochul doesn't own this and did the right thing.

Sun was hired by the Executive Chamber more than a decade ago, before being fired last year, according to Avi Small, Hochul's press secretary.

"We terminated her employment in March 2023 after discovering evidence of misconduct, immediately reported her actions to law enforcement and have assisted law enforcement throughout this process," Small said in a statement to ABC News.

While Cuomo was in office, his rep told ABC News that Sun had "little to no interaction with the governor."

***SNIP***

Sun worked in state government for about 15 years before she was fired last year from her job as deputy commissioner for strategic business development at the New York State Department of Labor. She previously served as Hochul's deputy chief of staff and in the administration of former Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

abcnews.go.com...

Now Cuomo on the other hand..........

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

That is your judgment. Is it possible that you prefer that every government office, and maybe ever company everywhere oversee each and every employee day and night? Keep track of where they are going, who they are talking to how much money they spend on flat screen TVs and how often they eat out. No, I didn't think so.

So do you see no possibility that this woman flew under the radar of her employers for years and years? I do. But then, I'm me and you are you.

Every single business owner in the US has to do that to get in front of a lawsuit to possibly save their company and live another day.

Every single Republican in office has to do that to serve another term.

Every single Democrat in office is given a free pass on this.

Every. Single. Time.

Joe Biden cooperated with the authorities when they removed hundreds of classified documents from his garage, for instance.

Something that a normal person would have gone to jail for.

The level of hypocrisy you bring to the table on discussions like this is epic.

But you do you...

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

YUP!!! the heat was being turnt up and he threw her under bus quickly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join