It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please explain Oasis to me???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm with you.... they are #e.... with #e attitudes.
Never understood their popularity..... and certainly not the hype around their 'reunion'.... I'd be happy to bet the brothers will fall out before the end of their 'tour'
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

What ? And justice came out in 88 and the whole thing is a masterpiece. Legendary even.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think it’s fashionable to knock things these days, to run them down. Very many people loved Oasis in the 90’s and 00’s. They were a phenomenon and sold a great many records. More people actually like them now and they are making more from their music than they did back then.

People like them, me included, but it’s fine if you don’t. If you don’t get it don’t struggle to get it, you likely never will.

Funny thing. At their very first 1996 Knebworth gig I stuck my finger in Liam’s bellybutton, prior to him going on stage. Quite amusing at the time.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I like Oasis.....and I like their attitude.
And I like it even more that people don't quite get them. (Not meant as a criticism of anyone).

I've seen literally hundreds of bands live and Oasis are good, very good.

I used to like the big venues but I much prefer the smaller more intimate gigs nowadays.
I made a half-hearted attempt at getting a couple of tickets for their opening night in Cardiff - my Grandson loves Oasis - but I didn't get any.
I would have enjoyed the day out with him but not that bothered, I saw them a couple of times in their heyday.

Noel's a bit of a muso nowadays and Liam seems to have lost his snarl etc.
I watched Liam on iPlayer at Reading....it was ok - why some critics described the performance as 'biblical' is beyond me - but it was all so sterilised and lacking the raw energy Oasis used to have in their pomp.

I have a very eclectic taste in music but I have to admit that I have a particular fondness for a lot of the Madchester and even Britpop era music - good days.

At the end of the day its each to their own.
That is one of the beauty's of music - it can stir up so much passion and such diversity of opinion.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If I'm going to listen to a Gallagher, it's going to be Rory. So woefully underrated.

IMO.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wish I could agree more than completely.
Like 110% completely.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join