It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn About Raw Milk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Breastmilk and raw milk are comparable in many aspects: both are fresh, unprocessed, and entirely natural milks. Both of them are rich in many different vital nutrients, including lipids, proteins, digestive and anti-inflammatory enzymes, bioavailable vitamins, and minerals, all of which are present in a natural state that the body can use most readily. Furthermore, raw milk helps the intestinal tract produce the enzyme lactase, which makes it possible for many people who are lactose intolerant to digest raw milk without any issues.

It's also thought that raw milk has higher concentrations of "good" probiotic bacteria types, such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacteria. Large studies have found that raw milk consumption is associated with lower rates of: asthma, allergies, eczema, ear infections, respiratory infections and fevers: 1, 2, 3, 4

Allergy protection ceases when raw milk is heated to 149 °F, which is the same temperature at which the whey proteins are denatured. It is likely that the raw whey proteins are responsible for raw milk’s beneficial effects on allergies, asthma, and inflammation.
Loss of allergy-protective capacity of raw cow's milk after heat treatment coincides with loss of immunologically active whey proteins

Childhood consumption of raw milk correlates with higher pulmonary (lung) function and lower incidence of allergic diseases in adults.
Raw Milk Consumption and Other Early-life Farm Exposures and Adult Pulmonary Function in the Agricultural Lung Health Study

Raw milk’s beneficial effects on asthma are partially mediated by regulatory T cells.
A switch in regulatory T cells through farm exposure during immune maturation in childhood

Benefits of raw milk are independent of the environment, such that these benefits are observed in both farm and urban settings.
The Beneficial Effect of Farm Milk Consumption on Asthma, Allergies, and Infections: From Meta-Analysis of Evidence to Clinical Trial

Consumption of farm milk during first year of life significantly inversely associated with asthma, hay fever, and atopy, independent of other farm exposures.
Exposure to farming in early life and development of asthma and allergy: a cross-sectional survey

There is evidence that gene expression of innate immunity receptors is upregulated by farming-related exposures such as raw milk.
Prenatal and early-life exposures alter expression of innate immunity genes: the PASTURE cohort study/url]

Farm milk consumption contributes to modulating immune reaction toward Th1/Treg predominance, involving epigenetic changes. Early exposure, especially in utero, gives stronger effect than later exposure; gives long lasting lower risk of atopic diseases.
[url=https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22306551/]Lesson from the farm environment

Consumption of unprocessed cow's milk, along with exposure to animals, is major relevant farm exposure. Heat-sensitive components such as whey proteins or microRNAs, and native fat composition likely more important than bacterial content for asthma protection. Strongest protection due to exposure in utero or during infancy. Consumption of raw but not heated farm milk during first year also associated with less rhinitis and otitis media.
The microbial environment and its influence on asthma prevention in early life

Human IgA in breastmilk protects newborns against pathogens, and promotes establishment and maintenance of intestinal homeostasis. Bovine milk IgA may provide similar benefits, but milk processing destroys antibody activity.
Immunoglobulin A in Bovine Milk: A Potential Functional Food?

Milk proteins, cytokines, immunoglobulins, fatty acids, lactose, oligosaccharides and microbes could all contribute to: inducing adaptive immune response, creating microenvironment favorable to Treg development, modulating microbiota and supporting intestinal barrier function.
Which factors in raw cow's milk contribute to protection against allergies?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I grew up drinking raw milk from a neighbors farm in the summers and often we went and got the three gallon SS can two thirds filled in the winter too from that farmer. One thing about contaminated milk, you can taste it is bad....at least I can. I don't know if that is the taste of Lysteria or another bacteria but I find that taste occasionally in cheeses and certain store milks. Don't taste it much in ultrapasturized milk though.

I am not afraid of raw milk, as long as I know the person who is supplying it...the farmer who does things properly is the supplier I would trust. You can't buy raw milk, but there is no law saying someone can't give you some for free, or you can also buy shares in a cow...again, always check on the farmers cleaning practices if you get it from them. I think that the milk that is more clear from the cow as soon as it calfs is really good if I remember right. Never actually had it myself. Lactoferrin is in milk and is not heat stable so pasteurization usually destroys it. There are a few non heat stable chemistries in milk products

I like it when the cream comes to the top, good for coffee.

Good thread Tamusan
edit on 2-9-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Depends on the state.

In Montana you can buy raw milk... they changed the laws in 2021.

Linky to government telling me I can buy what I want

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I've been using raw milk products for several years and never have any problems. It's always super fresh and energizing.

Raw cream and coffee

a match made in heaven.
edit on 2-9-2024 by soulrevival because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I thought that here in MI, they made it illegal to buy shares of a cow, so you could get the raw milk? Did they change that again? I would like to do so if possible.

Dictators!

Ok, just looked it up, and you can know "Herdshare" in MI.

Good to know!
edit on 3-9-2024 by chiefsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Depends on the state.

In Montana you can buy raw milk... they changed the laws in 2021.

Linky to government telling me I can buy what I want

I know a farmer who had milk cows here up till about ten years ago. Actually two brothers had cows, we would buy a whole cow from mike for years but he got rid of his cows and steer around that time so we got a new supplier for our beef.

We wanted to get fresh raw milk from him for ourselves, but he couldn't sell it to us or even give it to us. The reason why was because in his contract with Jilbert Dairy it stipulated all milk had to go to them, if they violated that rule, he lost his contract. His wife did make some Finnish cheese for themselves and to give to close friends....that was great cheese, but they weren't even supposed to do that with it. But the contract said no selling of milk I guess, it was to make sure that all their suppliers products went to that Dairy and did not interfere with their sales. The laws say no selling of milk, but do not limit someone from giving it to others. I am sure those contracts are widespread in the dairy industry.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

I thought that here in MI, they made it illegal to buy shares of a cow, so you could get the raw milk? Did they change that again? I would like to do so if possible.

Dictators!

Ok, just looked it up, and you can know "Herdshare" in MI.

Good to know!

This was up to about six years ago that my daughter and her husband used to do that, I do not know if it is now against the law. The problem with buying a share is that you have to pay the maintence and food charge even if you do not pick up the milk. Sometimes they got two half gallons, sometimes one. It cost about nine bucks a gallon back then when you figured everything out, Even grassfed organic milk in the stores was only eight bucks a gallon back then. The milk was good, but we used to get organic valley grassfed organic milk at the time cheaper than that. You have to shake the carton when you used it before they went to ultrapasturized, I liked it better the old way myself, that cream stuck to the carton top was great in coffee in the grassmilk. But it had a short shelf lifee, now it has a longer shelf life, but it lost some nutrients with the ultrapasteurization.

So, really do not know for sure if you can buy shares in cows anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
Good luck with that. Just wait till one of you gets cow pox then you'll change the record. Cow pox is still around, especially in the UK.

top topics

join