It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few old cars from Detroit today…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I was in Franklin, Michigan today for their art fair. A few cool cars were here also. Franklin is 16 miles north of Detroit.

The first two photos: Cadillac Eldorado

Third photo Ford! Not sure the year and model!

4th photo 1954 MG

5th photo 1964 Jensen! This car was sweet!

6th photo: Super cool Cadillac!

7th photo: Not sure!

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   

7th photo: Not sure!

Ford Fairlane 500 Skyliner.

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: oops

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Thank you! I appreciate you!

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions

Thank you! I appreciate you!

I was wrong-edited for correction.
Here's some pics:
[search.brave.com... Yi82LzYwLzE5NThfRm9yZF9GYWlybGFuZV81MDBfU2t5bGluZXIuSlBHLzUxMnB4LTE5NThfRm9yZF9GYWlybGFuZV81MDBfU2t5bGluZXIuSlBHIiwidGV4dCI6IjE5NThfRm9yZF9GYWlybGFuZV 81MDBfU2t5bGluZXIuSlBHIiwicGFnZV91cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2VuLndpa2lwZWRpYS5vcmcvd2lraS9Gb3JkX0ZhaXJsYW5lXzUwMF9Ta3lsaW5lciJ9XQ%3D%3D&sig=8e4b5eb225d59bd4ab2 d63bac65f37c3f7b6a328279199884f3565893e537a80&nonce=72e90679e949b7e2aae9e2b3ba875661]

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Oh, thank you! Ford Fairlane! Cool photos!

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

I used to know an old tiny woman who had a super cool cadilac like the red one in the picture you have. It was a fifty seven or something like that, but not a ragtop. No rust, stored every winter. I worked as a handyman and on her farm and asked her if she wanted to sell it, sitting in her garage she rented from someone. She told me it needed engine work and she would like to get a thousand bucks for it but I should not buy it.

So, my brother worked with me and he was able to buy her old delta eighty eight with sixty thousand miles on it for four hundred bucks...he sold it to me and I still have that car in my garage. I sanded it down, did most of the body work, bought a high rise aluminum manifold and a six fifty double pumper for it new....it still runs, but I need to start working on it again someday to finish it up. Got all the parts, just needs a new headliner. It has a 430 wildcat engine in it with big bore heads, the engine is actually worth a grand for stock car racing. I need to finish it up and give it to my daughter before I can't work on it anymore, I used to be pretty good at body work on vehicles and painted about three cars. Needs brakes now too, they were froze up pretty much when I moved it from one garage to the other, and the gas was very old and it smelled pretty bad from the varnish in the gas, I need to change the gas...but even with twelve year old gas, it ran and drove.

Also got an old 47 dodge truck but it needs a six volt battery again. That needs some work, but ran well when I parked it.

I have that promised to my grandson.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Wow, very cool about the Delta Eighty Eight. That is amazing it ran with old gas like that!

I am sure your grandson will love the truck!

The Cadillac was beautiful today! I am sure the woman’s would be too! Restored! Up North MI I am sure the trees are turning!

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Its that a US flag I see...............Horror!!

Nice Mahines.

edit on 2-9-2024 by gort69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gort69

It’s that time of the season for all to show the love of cars and creations from a hunk of metal and some plastic.

The woven flag can stand for a nation of bravery, landing on some moon or the love of being able to express a nation for love!

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I’m about 30-45 minutes from there. I almost brought my car up there. Great photos!

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

Thank you! You should have brought up your car! They needed more cars!

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Great pics, JJ, beautiful cars.

I grew up in south Philly in the 70s and still remember the cars of that era. However, I much prefer the vintage ones, like the ones you photographed.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Now I wish I would have. I ended up at a show on the east side. I wanted to support a club that lost their Monday night cruise in spot after 20+ years when Lakeside Mall closed.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Philly is a cool place! I agree! About the vintage cars!

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   

That was kind of you! Wow lakeside mall closed!

They only had 7 cars there! Many more spots too!

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Yeah Lakeside closed a couple months back. This club did a huge (300 cars most weeks) weekly on Mondays that ran for at least twenty years. Pretty much everyone from all classes on the east side would show up. They lost it when the mall closed. They held a pop up show in Shelby. PM me next time you’ll be at a show, I’ll try to bring my car out.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I will PM you for sure! I think the next art fair is Rochester Hills! I will check. What kind of car do you have? I missed the Woodward Dream cruise this year! Did you go?

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I drive a 64 Impala Lowrider. I went to to Woodward all day with my club. I usually skip it and just cruise the week before because it’s such a madhouse. But this year I was out there on that Saturday.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions
a reply to: Encia22

Philly is a cool place! I agree! About the vintage cars!

Yes it is!! For years I spent a week in Philly at a wholesale show at the Convention center. Reading mkt, wandering around the area, Buyers from all over the East Coast....About the only wholesale mkt. I need for the entire year!

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Sweet lowrider!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join