It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total de-dollarization in Russia

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: trusernames

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Wrong thread chief.

edit on 6-9-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Sep 7 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

Russia is no longer dependent on the American currency

a reply to: RussianTroll

I think a lot of that is the combination of Russia being forced out of the dollar because of the Ukraine invasion coupled with the Biden/Harris administration not effectively cutting out options with other nations. Not so surprisingly, it is about a weak US foreign policy. Because of US's dominate market and trade status the US can dictate global trade pacts and in doing so control, to an extent, the behavior of a particular nation. Iran is a perfect example-Iran was broke and ready to make a deal with the Trump administration because under the Trump administration the US had a policy that if you, other nations, do business with Iran you don't do business with the US.

“When I came into office, Iran had $70 billion in foreign exchange reserves. … By the time I left, they had nothing. They were broke.”

Strong global policies would break Putin and Russia

Did you see this, I was once concerned about the dollar hegomony the US enjoys but no longer. Our market and trade status along with our military keep the US dollar the global currency, sorry Russia but you will play ball when we have a stronger administration. Just a fact.

The U.S. dollar remains the world's primary reserve currency, and neither the euro nor the so-called BRICS countries have been able to reduce global reliance on the dollar, a new study by the Atlantic Council's GeoEconomics Center shows.

The group's "Dollar Dominance Monitor", opens new tab said the dollar continued to dominate foreign reserve holdings, trade invoicing, and currency transactions globally and its role as the primary global reserve currency was secure in the near and medium term.

The dollar is here to stay

If this is what needs to be done to keep the dollar from becoming the peso then so be it. It's called leverage.

President Trump Vows to Place 100% Tariff on Countries Not Doing Business on the US Dollar — To Protect US Dollar Dominance

no shoes, no shirt, no dollar-No Sevice w/out a 100 percent tariff
edit on 9-9-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

<< 6  7  8   >>

join