It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The, Rings of Power - what the Hell?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Ok so after a few drinks I thought I would give this a try.
Black elves? Multi ethnic villagers?

I just want to know:
Where were the native white people in Wakanda?

I'd like to know

Standard, real, cultural appropriation from the group that rarely produced anything, just cuz their fweelings....goes along with recent fake rewriting of European history to insert black people where historically there were none.

Conversely, imagine the outrage if one were to use a white actor to portray Mandela or Malcom X....

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61
If it is strictly diversity casting, I don't have a problem because we are talking fantasy worlds with black and white orcs, goblins that have green and gray. I don't think some black elves or Asian or African villagers is going to interfere much with the story in this kind of world. It is the typical anti-man feminism social commentary and open and often forced homosexual displays of affection that are ruining things for me. If the show can carry on with just a diversity cast and not these underlying ideological constructs overshadowing the point of the story I will make an attempt to stomach it. Now I just need a review from someone of similar interests to me that has seen it all the way through to clear it for me.

the Ork with its wife and child who doesn't want to go to war.

Oh dear, that is a very unorthodox situation. That orc should be baptizing his family in the blood of their enemies like Conan the Barbarian, not simping for peace. That is an example of the kind of BS that ruins an original story. If I can only receive confirmation that this is a one-off outlier in the show, and not the focus of like half a season or giving it half a seasons worth of scenes and attention then I may still be open to it. Ultimately I may just have to watch it all and decide if I can stomach it. I tried so hard with Star Trek Discovery but just could not tolerate the homosexuals playing grabass and their overly emotional long scenes which added zilch to the story, and gave up.
edit on 9-2-2024 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

I'd like to see someone produce a fantasy movie featuring Trump as the hero and the Obamas as an evil king and queen. I'll bet you'd be outraged. You'd be positively apoplectic

Not far from being true Cole. What I see IS a fantasy that runs though the movie screens in Trumpian minds. It's not that I dismiss the fantasy that is going on within the minds of the new Harris fantasy story line just that over all, American society is locked into fantasy thinking and have been for decades at least if not for the last century.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   
No worries because they never ever make Valjean black. He is thief after all and it will never fly on screen. In the movie no doubt the bishop will be black.

a reply to: BingoMcGoof

edit on 2-9-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

They should have made Trump black, now I'm forced to like it....

edit on 2-9-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   

There was recently a new King Arthur series on ITV here in the UK.

Merlin was Black - by most people's reckoning its thought he was a Welsh Druid - and every other villager was either Black or Asian.

I watched one episode and that was it.

I like all the Arthurian and pre-Roman British stuff.
I understand that there has to be a bit of dramatisation and originality etc but that was taking literary licence a bit too far. Sure, its not supposed to be completely historically accurate but when its just blatant wokism I just can't stomach it.
Same as when Anne Boleyn was played by a Black actress.

Some people don't seem to mind, that's entirely up to them.
I just can't take them seriously so I simply choose not to watch them.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
They did the same thing to Enola Holmes, a spin-off of Sherlock Holmes about his supposed little sister.
I never knew turn of the last century London was so diverse! It wasn't so bad in the working class scenes but when she made an appearance at a high society event I couldn't believe how many black and Asian characters were walking around in powdered wigs and fancy dress.
It's just so wildly inaccurate that it distracts from whatever they're trying to convey.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:32 PM
link   

NEXT THING YOU KNOW ITS WAR OF THE WORLDS ON PANGEA!

OH GODS THIS IS GONNA BE EPIC.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Nevermind, let's go back to the primordial sea and start over.....how about singularity and the big bang?

Race?

Hilarious concept.

Let me sleep on it.

The Vedics have a concept but I dunwanna be Captain Buzzkill.

edit on 9/3/24 by GENERAL EYES because: exhausted, need some sleep

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Both my sons love LOTR...Both hate this show.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I watched a few episodes, couldn't stomach more. It's woke trash, made worse by the smugness and lack of talent of the actors and writers. The people who twisted Tolkein's work into the disgusting mess of a series are the living embodiment of Melkor:

Melkor spent his spirit in envy and hate, until at last he could make nothing save in mockery of the thought of others, and all their work he destroyed if he could.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   

One, the people writing these pieces of crap are what were once called hacks... no talent low creative bums who got paid by the word. Take into account that hacks now run the studios and everything is PC because that is their religion, there's nothing left in Hollywood talent or creativity wise. Watch communist era cartoons or shows, they reeked and were only weak copies of western shows with propaganda as the message.
Then their goal is to make money as best they can, that's also their religion. They can't tell what's good or bad, so mass appeal it to whoever has low enough standards to buy what they sell. Make old characters new genders or ethnicities to appeal to whoever. If people say it sucks, then call them racist and claim its a controversy and maybe somebody will watch it thinking its being unfairly treated.
All they can do is rehash classic stories and make feeble efforts to " improve" them. If the writers and producers and actors have no souls, they can't create real art. This covers the music industry, journalism and politics as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Watching the New Rings Of Power series, I honestly do not care about the color of anyone’s skin. What I care about is the writing, and whether or not someone can act.

I also judge an actor by not only their ability to act, but to keep their politics to themselves.

Looking at you Mark Hamill….

It’s not exactly woke trash. It’s just bland, boring and honestly a lot of standing around and doing nothing. There have been a few fights, but even then those have the same kind of cinematography that a video game has. Nothing new to see here. I just watch it while I work. It’s that sort of background noise that won’t take you off task.

Which should tell everyone why it’s being panned. a reply to: underpass61

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Where have you been?
Black Elves also known as the Drow Elves are a legit character race in D&D since the 80's.
Sounds to me you never been to other countries or seen attractive people of many different races.

The problem with the woke stuff is they are casting ugly people of other races.
Fat chicks of any race on TV make me want to turn the channel.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join