It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The, Rings of Power - what the Hell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ok so after a few drinks I thought I would give this a try.
Black elves? Multi ethnic villagers?

I just want to know:
Where were the native white people in Wakanda?

I'd like to know

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Is that the latest LOTR series on Amazon? I didn't bother watching it, I heard it was woke trash, sounds about right.
This is not a LOTR series, it's not fantasy lore, it's ruined by a PC agenda.

Reminds me of the Marxist book to overtake a nation. I saw it online a while back, some of the steps described are to destroy art and anything beautiful, which off course would include a classic work of literature.

These people are just insane.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness
Yeah it's the Amazon drivel. I just wonder why it never goes the other way. Where's the indigenous white or Asian guy in a movie that's about another culture?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Upset because a FANTASY character is the wrong ethnic race? Pushed out of shape because the villagers are goblins, dwarves gremlins and whatchmacallits ? Just who do these fantasy fiction writers think they are anyway, fantasy fiction writers ?

Also, equating children fantasy stories written in the mid 1950s with classic works of literature? I'll start worrying about how the Commies are undermining Western Civilization by destroying great literature when they turn Jean Val Jean into a hobbit.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Was Black Panther fantasy?
Show me you GAF without being a hypocrite

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I didn't see Black Panther. Did you? I know it was about a kind of super hero, right? So, wouldn't that make it a fantasy?
What is GAF?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Haven't seen it but I've seen the clip of the Ork with its wife and child who doesn't want to go to war.

Pure woke nonsense, not Lord of the rings.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Makes me wonder why they never touched the silmarillion...

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
Upset because a FANTASY character is the wrong ethnic race? Pushed out of shape because the villagers are goblins, dwarves gremlins and whatchmacallits ? Just who do these fantasy fiction writers think they are anyway, fantasy fiction writers ?

Also, equating children fantasy stories written in the mid 1950s with classic works of literature? I'll start worrying about how the Commies are undermining Western Civilization by destroying great literature when they turn Jean Val Jean into a hobbit.

I'd like to see someone produce a fantasy movie featuring Trump as the hero and the Obamas as an evil king and queen. I'll bet you'd be outraged. You'd be positively apoplectic

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Yeah it's the Amazon drivel. I just wonder why it never goes the other way. Where's the indigenous white or Asian guy in a movie that's about another culture?

The assassins creed people recently made a game where you play as a black samurai in feudal Japan.

The Japanese were not to happy and it looks like they got a big flop on their hands.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I didn't see Black Panther.

Well then you are clearly racist. /s

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Upset because a FANTASY character is the wrong ethnic race?

I didn't like it when the turned bumblebee from a VW beetle to an American muscle car.

(I'm talking about transformers 😒)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
The assassins creed people recently made a game where you play as a black samurai in feudal Japan.

The Japanese were not to happy and it looks like they got a big flop on their hands.

The Japanese are fine with it, because he's a real, historical person. White Americans are mad.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Euronymous2625

No. They don't like it. 😀

Not only did they choose to make the game loosely based on the only black person to ever be considered a samurai but they also got tons of historical and cultural information wrong.

They couldn't even be bothered to find out what a tatami mat looks like. 🤣🤣🤣

edit on 5300909America/Chicagoam02 by 5thHead because: 🇯🇵

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   

LOL...This reminds me of when Google's 'Gemini' AI (aka Woke Google) would always show black people in its responses.
The pope? A black guy. Native Americans? Black people.
Then Meta outdid Google with its hilarious AI image Generator. These are actual reponses from Meta:

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

a reply to: ScarletDarkness
Because it reflects their agenda to destroy the west/first-world-nations. They 'have' to destroy the west in order to bring on the collapse of current civilazation. If the US collapses , soon Europe would fall after that, and then Australia, Asia , and then the rest of the world.
They want to collapse the current civiazation to bring on the 'great reset' /NWO.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Not only did they choose to make the game loosely based on the only black person to ever be considered a samurai but they also got tons of historical and cultural information wrong.

Like in Assassin's Creed 3 where George Washington came to America on a quest for a magic apple? None of the games are historically accurate. They're not supposed to be. Being the only black samurai is a very unique and interesting character. Again, the Japanese don't care. You do.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The real-life African, Yasuke served a short period of time as a vassal or retainer to warlord Oda Nobunaga. In AC Shadows he is a full-on Samurai.

Does it matter? Japanese gamers think so with one starting up a petition that states (in part):

The game is about samurai in Japan and ignores the fact that samurai are the upper class of the samurai class and should be “gokejin” or nobles who serve them. In fact, William Adams, the first European to receive the title of samurai, was a man in the service of Tokugawa Ieyasu as the bannerman of the 250 koku.

In this history, Ubisoft continues to misunderstand the nature and role of the samurai. This is a serious insult to Japan’s culture and history, and can also lead to Asian racism

readwrite.com...

edit on 5301010America/Chicagoam02 by 5thHead because: 🤠

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yes, let's use Wikipedia as our source. The guy was never a samurai; he was a retainer to Nobunaga. There's been a veritable war editing that Wiki page. There's some researcher in Japan who's a white guy who wrote a book about him being a samurai; he's lost his teaching position and is facing deportation, last I heard. The Japanese are not okay with this; there's been a significant uproar over it.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Sounds like you gave that show longer than me.

It was hard work keeping interested straight from the start and as soon as I spotted Lenny Henry, i switched it off.

Money can't buy happiness, Bezos.
edit on 2-9-2024 by McUrnsalso because: stuff

top topics

<<   2 >>

join