It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Tier Policing; The Notting Hill Carnival.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So, I'm sure many of you are aware of the recent civil unrest in the UK.

Apparently everyone who has even the slightest bit of sympathy or agreement with the root causes of the unrest is now 'ultra far-right' and have been demonised, stigmatised and stereotyped as racist, far-right fascists.

In the aftermath of these demonstrations etc we had Kier Stalin and his cronies expressing their outrage and determination to punish those responsible etc.
We've has early morning raids seeking out everyone engage or allegedly instigating and providing the violence/protests etc.

Fast forward to yesterday.
The wonderful multi-cultural expression if the diversity within the UK now.
3 stabbings.
2 dead.
70 Police Officers assaulted.
Countless numbers of theft and robbery etc.

So, where's the moral indignation from our glorious leader?
Where's the outrage and the demands and assurances that no stone will be unturned to seek out the perpetrators and elimiante the causes of tehse horrific acts of violence and civil unrest?

Obviously...NONE.

So, simple question; Why not?

Instead we see an almost silence from MSM and Sadiq Khan saying what an expression of cultural diversity within the UK!

Killings/Stabbings/Assaults/Robbery occur every single year at this event.

I was talking to some friends of mine earlier today - these are BIG hard men...and Black - and they told me the atmosphere was horrendous during the whole event and the worst they've ever experienced, and they have been going for donkey's years.
They asked me why isn't everyone up in arms about this?
Why aren't the police and politicians promising swift and severe retribution?
Why no screaminging headlines in the tabloids demanding action?
Why no dawn raids?

How many people died in those 'riots'?

I think I know the answers but I'm interested in other people's take on things.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

If the heat is far over 100C on your boiler and you close the safety valve just so no one can see steam, you're not doing yourself any favors.

If anything, you just guarantee an explosion.

That is EXACTLY what will happen in the UK, sadly.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm moving back to the UK soon (from the US), been here nearly five years and most of my mates are telling me that it's going downhill (and fast), and I'm better off staying here. But, supposedly it'll be just as bad here one day too.

This world is changing a lot, and not for the better. (well, unless you're one of the ultra rich).

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FlatBatt

The UK is still a good place to live, far better than most places.
But there are major issues that need addressing immediately.....unfortunately our politicians - of all major parties - are reluctant to address core issues.

And its undeniable that there is a blatant two tier policing policy and an obvious programme of demonising anyone who expresses any concerns about immigration in the UK and its affects on UK society.

Yes, the riots were shocking and in no way could a Prime Minister of this country be seen to condone it - I fully understand that.
But to completely ignore and refuse to acknowledge the genuine concerns so many people have is arrogant, pompous and condescendingly disrespectful.

Not one person died during those riots.

Two people have been murdered at this years Notting Hill Carnival.
70 police officers assaulted.
Numerous robberies and other offences.

There are serious offences every single year at Notting Hill.

Why isn't Kier Stalin on TV declaring to the British public that the police will leave no stone unturned to find the culprits and they pose a real threat to UK society etc?
Why no promises of dawn raids and stiff prison sentences?
Why no faux moral outrage from MSM and the wokerati?

Two tier policing is real and more and more people are waking up to this reality.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Media. Is it big coincidence it is happened in England and Germany? So many stabbing? What is common? The people that do it? Media reporting?

It is media again pushing it or final reporting after year and year of silence and not reporting. Now in Germany, heavy knife laws pushed. In England, there is same law for years now. Does not help. It is tragedy used for take away rights. Jammal the stabber do not care if blade is 5cm long or 15cm long or if forbidden or not. Jammal want stab, not follow law.

Law is against all common people, not helping, only take away protection. Is design, by law, by politicans. Now more important that you have knife with correct length. Jammal the stabber, if he care, he stab with 4cm long knife and smile into police. Naftalin the wood worker, who wear knife all time, never broke law, get into jail when knife 1mm too long.

It is clear statement for punish honest persons and help the criminal. For what? More laws, more control. That is why so many influx to europe was start, destabilize, bring in heavy law -see covid- and control persons more.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

Yeas, it has been reported but not exactly headlines and a constant barrage of dogmatic propaganda aimed at demonising one particular section of society.
No PM spouting his moral outrage etc.

side note, have you turned into Jeremy Kyle

Ha ha ha, hardly mate.
Just sick of the hypocrisy and double standards that are so common place now, the casual disdain politicians have for people and the wilful ignorance shown towards their concerns.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I guess the lack of a barrage of constant headlines is because its not ongoing unlike the idiots rioting the other week discrediting the memory of the 3 girls that were killed by a vile scumbag

Sad that more familes have been devestated by this years NH carnival though

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yeas, it has been reported but not exactly headlines and a constant barrage of dogmatic propaganda aimed at demonising one particular section of society. No PM spouting his moral outrage etc.

Spot on.
For at least a month alls we heard every single day in the news was Starmer harping on about how the guilty will be jailed. Brought to justice etc. At least a month.

This carnival hasnt been reported in the Irish sites i visit and usually it is. Heck i even went over for it a long time ago, had a great time. Meself and i think about 5/6 others. Its obviously not the same nowadays.

It is absolutely two tier policing and policy. Which is a dangerous thing. Is their actual goal anarchy? Racist battles on the streets?
There is a lot more than we know going on behind the governments policies. And it dont look too good.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Why isn't Kier Stalin on TV declaring to the British public that the police will leave no stone unturned

Even though I agree with some of the points you've made here, the Notting Hill Carnival attracts around 3 million people every year which also attracts the low lives of society to try to take advantage.
I'm sorry to say but the deaths of only 2 people of around 3 million vistors to the event isn't that news worthy, and even though my thoughts go to the families of the two people who died. Two deaths are actually pretty low for such a huge event.
edit on 1-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Two more deaths than in the riots?

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Two more deaths than in the riots?

True, but the rioters were out to cause a 'mess' more than anything else.

Notting Hill has about 3 million 'vistors' and amongst that will be people who out to commit muggings and robberies, so more of a chance for something to go wrong.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
Two deaths are actually pretty low for such a huge event.

So how many before it becomes intolerable? 17? 149? 30,000 would be only 1%. That means 99% survived the carnival. Pretty good, considering.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

So how many before it becomes intolerable?

Did I say I agreed with it and it was tolerable? You missed out the start of that sentence..

and even though my thoughts go to the families of the two people who died. Two deaths are actually pretty low for such a huge event.

London murder rate is approx'..
news.sky.com...

a rate of 1.45 homicides per 100,000 people.

The Carnvial always attracts gangs and muggers, So 2 deaths out of 3 million vistors is low, put about 3 million people at a Carnival party over a weekend in a smallish area (1.6km2) and something like a murder/mugging is bound to happen. The US Mardi Gras also suffers with similar problems.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   

where's the moral indignation from our glorious leader?

Mr & Mrs Starlin are on a jolly for the weekend at Balmoral with The King and Queen.

Priorities come first.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
But, but Kim Un Starmer is going to stop smoking in pub beer gardens. Please stop calling them riots, you are denigrating the thousands of peaceful protesters that stood behind the very very small number of trouble makers.
AND I'll ask again where are the prosecutions of the gentlemen who broke a policewoman's nose at Manchester Airport.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Good question. Doesn't seem to be being fast tracked?

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

She's not my Queen.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It's estimated that approximately as many people attend Glastonbury as attend Notting Hill Carnival.

For comparison 30 arrests were made this year at Glastonbury 21 of which were for drug related offences.
No-one got stabbed.
No police officers were assaulted.

334 people got arrested this year at Notting Hill.
8 people got stabbed with 2 people dying.
70 police officers were assaulted.

If those numbers were repeated at Glastonbury there would an outrage.

Every year there are literally hundreds of arrests, many for violence related offences.
Every year police officers are injured and assaulted in the line of duty during the carnival.

The event should be a celebration and it certainly looks lots of fun.....but I can't think of any other gathering in the UK where its expected and accepted that so many people are regularly being murdered, assaulted and robbed etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: alldaylong

She's not my Queen.

You will do as you are told and OBEY.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join