It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A friend who is not a member here sent this email to me and thought others who have been around ATS for many years might find this of interest.

Sat, Aug 31 at 7:35 AM
I just finished reading a book called Area 51, An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base by Annie Jacobsen. I thought you would like this part:

"In 2011 there are an estimated 1.96 billion Internet users worldwide - almost one-third of the people on the planet-and the most popular conspiracy Web site based in America is AboveTopSecret.com. According to CEO Bill Irvine, the site sees five million visitors each month. AboveTopSecret.com has approximately 2.4 million pages of content, including 10.6 million individual posts. The Web site's motto is Deny Ignorance, and its members say they are people who 'rage against the mindless status-quo.'

Of 25,000AboveTopSecret.com users polled in 2011, the second most popular discussion thread involves extraterrestrials and UFO cover-ups at Area 51. But the single most popular discussion thread at AboveTopSecret.com is something called the new World Order. According to Bill Irvine, this idea has gained momentum at an 'astonishing rate' over the past two years. Irvine says it serves as a nexus conspiracy for many other, including those based at Area 51."

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Area 51, An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base

Published 2011. History all right. I doubt whether there are even a hundred active members today.

edit on 30-8-2024 by Kallipygywiggy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Sure. There are many in the wings waiting to see if they can join and participate though πŸ˜‰πŸ€™

a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Interesting, Sky.

Maybe we should all petition Donald Trump or Elon Musk to buy ATS and return it to it's former glory!

* Kidding/not kidding.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

There are many in the wings waiting to see if they can join

Fantasy.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I read someone say that ATS is not accepting new members. True?

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Those were the days!

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

More like the site is too broken to allow new members to login. It's not a personal thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlroyFarms

More like the site is too broken to allow new members to login. It's not a personal thing.

I didn't know that. Explains a lot. It seems I'm sending prospective members here from other platforms, in vain.
πŸ€”

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

The automated email component is buggered. It should be a pretty easy fix with a bit of maintenance, except Darko has still gone dark and no one else has the keys to the server admin.

Without this, anyone that does try to sign up does not get the email with their password, so cannot log in.
edit on 31-8-2024 by kwaka because: added last sentence

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Interesting, Sky.

Maybe we should all petition Donald Trump or Elon Musk to buy ATS and return it to it's former glory!

* Kidding/not kidding.

At this point getting Hunter to buy it using his daddy's money might be the best bet. Hell with a name like "Above Top Secret" Hunter might be too afraid to look to see what he bought, and the site could go on forever with their money.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Donald Trump?

As of late April 2022, MarketWatch reported Truth Social had around 513,000 active daily users, compared to Twitter's reported active daily userbase of 217 million.

The share price of DJT, the company that owns Truth Social, is now hovering at about $20. And it's overvalued even at that; Trump fans keep the stock afloat, regular investors won't touch it.

Elon Musk?

The 217m claimed by X in the above link is actually based on figures published more than a year before before Musk bought Twitter. In reality, it's probably about three-fifths that. It's slumped by at least a fifth, and quite likely by nearly a third, just since he bought it.

Right-wing social media is dying, and the two zeros you call heroes are only killing it off faster.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlroyFarms

[ It's not a personal thing ]

. . . . that you know of. πŸ’₯

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 04:11 AM
link   

It’s my understanding that the process of creating a member is corrupted somewhere along the steps
πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

And then Dal reads further and sees the question answered by those with a more intimate knowledge of the sitch πŸ€™
edit on 31-8-2024 by Dalamax because: Ats rocks πŸ‘

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I know people who want to join this site, but they can't!

Why aren't the problems fixed!?

We need places like this, especially now - in fact, it's never been more important than now!

And that makes it extra sad that new people can't join.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I read the same ut new member page says otherwise.
Unless this is broken as well ....

ATS Stats Page

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

I read the same ut new member page says otherwise.
Unless this is broken as well ....

ATS Stats Page

The new member password system is busted.

Around June 2nd, all new members until today have not posted !!

You can see starting on page 6533 of the members list ....... p.6533

check all the next pages and see no posts!!!!

ATS is deteriorating by attrition !!

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy
a reply to: nugget1

Elon Musk?

The 217m claimed by X in the above link is actually based on figures published more than a year before before Musk bought Twitter. In reality, it's probably about three-fifths that.

In reality it was never the 217 before he bought it. That was a huge bone of contention and almost cost the sale as it was determined to be bot-ridden. The bot purge accounted for a significant reduction. There are still bots is, but there was a significant and ongoing effort by Musk to reduce bots which was not done under prior ownership.

www.cnn.com...

I would wager bots are even more prevalent today just due to bot technology, not any person's anti-bot efforts. They are just that much harder to stop without collateral damage to real users who then get frustrated and quit. It will get worse and worse with AI. but in 2021, they were much easier to detect and 20% was

One can only speculate as to the actual number, but in 2021, they were much easier to detect and Elon's 20% estimate isn't too far-fetched.

I am no Elon fan, and have no Twitter btw. Just that a significant user drop was known due to bot purge. All the same well-known people are on there from before, so it's hard to extrapolate to know what was:
1. actual user base
2. bots
3. normal transition to the "newest thing" (tik tok etc)
4. other

I'm sure facebook daily users are down as well. I don't think it is a right/left conclusion
The real issue is don't use that trash and fill your head with SM all day

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

ATS is deteriorating by attrition !!

It is unfortunate, but the reality is today's ATS is a round-robin of a dozen or so users and very little purpose other than to vent or drop a "see there, you're wrong and your stance is defective" for one's own satisfaction. I rarely visit, and just don't have the energy to post or even care to post. It's really too bad.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
IMHO the dying of ATS is without a shadow of doubt is FBI, CIA, any agency infiltration and collapsing the place to the ground.

They never liked what we wrote so they came in and wrecked the gaff (house)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join