It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non US members and too much politics on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hi guys. I have noticed that most new threads on ATS at the moment, are all about Trump and Harris and the upcoming US presidential elections. Now I understand it's a US site, but as a UK member who loves UFO, alien and paranormal threads, I find the lack of new non political content a worry.

OK, I know we have just had our own election and god knows how bad Labour are gonna be for the UK, but please spare a thought for us rest the world members.

What I am saying is I just dont want the forum to become a mainly political site with side order of the posts about the war in Ukraine and Gaza.

This is not a dig just an observation from a non US member.
Sorry for the negative post and peace.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: devilhunter69

This would be a great topic for the site owner....

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well then start posting some.

You're a member here 13 years and you've posted 13 threads. One a year.

And now you're complaining about lack of content?

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I dont have any new information. Work and life in general prevents me from giving the forum serious time. In the early days there was hardly any political content. I have never known anyone have their point of view changed by an argument on a forum.

I promise I will try and post some new content OK ? a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: devilhunter69
Hi guys. I have noticed that most new threads on ATS at the moment, are all about Trump and Harris and the upcoming US presidential elections. Now I understand it's a US site, but as a UK member who loves UFO, alien and paranormal threads, I find the lack of new non political content a worry.

OK, I know we have just had our own election and god knows how bad Labour are gonna be for the UK, but please spare a thought for us rest the world members.

What I am saying is I just dont want the forum to become a mainly political site with side order of the posts about the war in Ukraine and Gaza.

This is not a dig just an observation from a non US member.
Sorry for the negative post and peace.

Aliens came down on mount Herman long ago. They were known as watchers, and sons of God. They came from a different dimension. A problem arose when the watchers agreed to break the law set forth by the Creator. They found human women attractive and took an oath together to break Gods law and take human wives, thus polluting the Human gene pool.

They have been punished severely and await further punishment for their actions. They now hate humanity, and do everything they can to damage, pollute, and destroy mankind in an act of revenge. They use people they put in power to carry out these crimes against humanity. Murder is a big deal to them. They love wars, and especially abortion.

I understand where you are coming from yet think you may not realize this is the biggest conspiracy of all time. Without mentioning political operatives, I'll just direct you to see which people are carrying out the will of the alien fallen beings. It's really not that hard to see.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.
God

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I dont have any new information. Work and life in general prevents me from giving the forum serious time. In the early days there was hardly any political content. I have never known anyone have their point of view changed by an argument on a forum.

I promise I will try and post some new content OK ? a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

We dont want excuses! We want results!
Just kiddin....

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I feel like over the years the mods have chased most people off.

Most people still here are political cheerleaders who don't care to much when their post gets deleted or their thread gets moved.

They'll just continue waving their pompoms and doing the splits.

I find it hard to come across good stuff that isn't political in nature.

Lots of the old stuff I loved seems to be scrubbed from the Internet.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Now I understand it's a US site.

ATS was created in The UK not The US.

As for who owns it now, is anyones guess.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Then start the threads that you want to see.
Pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I never knew that lol

originally posted by: alldaylong

Now I understand it's a US site.

ATS was created in The UK not The US.

As for who owns it now, is anyones guess.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   
But its finding new stuff with my limited time but alas I am going to try harder.

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Then start the threads that you want to see.
Pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   

If you search, there are a few threads about Simon Gray the creator of ATS. Here is one.

Well, after a month or so of delays, Dave and Johnny finally corner the last of “The Amigos”, Simon Gray, the original creator and founder of AboveTopSecret.Com from the United Kingdom.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   

something else you may not know, the fate of the site is really unknown.
last i heard the mods haven't heard nary a thing from management or the owner.
they also don't know who paid the bills last time, or if they'll be paid in the future .
no members have joined since march.

just borrowed time it appears.

edit on 30-8-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yeah, there's only so much older alien stuff you can reboot after so many threads. And all the new alien stuff seems to be CGI, more fake stuff, more lies etc. And people talk about what's important to them. When your world is or will eventially be falling down around your ears, it takes priority over many 'out there' conspiracy theories.

I would love to read some new alien stuff but I've been fooled and lied to so many times, it hardly attracts my attention. But I give it regardless and once again, lies...all lies.

Politics has been the main focus of so many for quite a while. I think it's because everything common to and in our lives is now part of someone's political agenda. There's nothing sacred or private or independent. All venues of even daily living have been claimed in one way or another by a political party.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If you don't want to participate there are years worth of past threads to read.

Like people who don't vote having no right to complain about election outcomes, people who don't participate have no right to complain about the content.

The amount of time you spent writing your post could have just as easily been spent creating a thread on your favorite topic, no?

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   
But my favourite topics are cars and old games consoles ! I have no new ghost or UFO stories at the moment

I have reread plenty of old threads though.

originally posted by: nugget1

If you don't want to participate there are years worth of past threads to read.

Like people who don't vote having no right to complain about election outcomes, people who don't participate have no right to complain about the content.

The amount of time you spent writing your post could have just as easily been spent creating a thread on your favorite topic, no?

edit on 3082024 by devilhunter69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3082024 by devilhunter69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

I feel like over the years the mods have chased most people off.

Thanks. Always nice to be appreciated. There are Ts and Cs. Not our fault if people choose not to follow them. People ban themselves by their actions. But you do you. We'll see how that goes.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   
As a non us member I believe the most fascinating conspiracy theory’s are those concerned with the control of people/ society / history.

In our search for truth we inevitably go to what forces are in control of our lives and through understanding those forces we attempt to gain the truth or nature of our existences.

One of the many forces that control us is politics local, international and global. And these political forces and not necessarily mutually exclusive from the other conspiracies such as, spirits, demons, aliens, psychic and astral phenomena and like can all be interwoven into the political conspiracies.

It’s simply the flavour of the day. If an alien space ship crashed or was sighted maybe we would talk about that.
But what we did have to talk about where, stolen elections, death shots, Manchurian candidates, wall, Mexico, shootings, missing billionaires, provocative billionaires, and civil unrest….because these are the conspiracies of our time.

Canadian conspiracies that got coverages on this where, the trucker convoys during lockdowns, Kevin Oleery boating a guy to death, MAID, Justin Castro and Residential school graveyards or lack thereof during the election.

I mean lots of conspiracies are political in nature it would seem.

edit on 30-8-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The UFO and Aliens forum has several threads this month, there just isn't much occurring now

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Content is continually posted in the areas you like, so I'm not sure what it is you are complaining about since topics are broken up into different areas. If you dislike US politics, then stay out of those areas. If you primarily use "recent" to see new posts then maybe there is a way we could personalize it to our tastes.

Maybe that is something we can push to the mods if there can be a way to hide forms you are not interested in.

Lastly, you need to post more....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join