It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 Degree Temperatures Across Europe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The outside of my wife’s blue Lexus was 145*F yesterday in Texas.

I have a laser thermometer I shot it with. Inside was 152.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Probably Heat Index (the 'Feels Like' temperature the TV weathermen like to use), not ambient air temperature.

A combination of air temperature and relative humidity. Using an on-line calculator, 43C and 50% humidity produces a Heat Index of 66.7C or 152F. Dangerous level.

Or someone made a grevious math error in the conversion from C to F.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Doing a quick internet search, the highest ever temperature in Europe was 119.8 degrees F. I do not believe the heat index is anywhere close to 150. Everyone in the area would be passing away without a space suit if exposed for very long.

Maybe whomever was talking didn’t know what they were talking about.

I believe the inside of a car can reach 150 degrees F.

edit on 30-8-2024 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

But you sure Cooked its Goose.....!

Boom boom...

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Indeed.

Just imagine al those poor Europeans 100s of years ago, who had to go to Death Valley, Texas, ORstralya, India, and Africa...

Poor fellows must be cooked beyond belief......they would be char-grilled by now!!

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
There's a heatwave due of 40C plus (100F plus and 314K plus) due to the cxrazy heat blast in the stratosphere over the arctic a month of so ago but not sure how they arrived at 150 (whatvever units they were using).

Units of Green Eco-tard cult narcissistic virtue signalling BULLSHYTE..........

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tolkien

Just because I saw and heard something disconnected from current facts on the ground, that doesn't invalidate facts on the ground.

A quick google search "heatwave projected for europe" seems to indicate that heatwaves were projected back in may, re-projected in June. The latest article is dated August 13.
When will Europe’s heatwave end? A weather expert on what’s in store for the rest of the summer

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

150F.... promises.. promises!
If we got up to 95F here in the UK, this year, I would have been happy. This year's been one of the coolest summers I can remember.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: thewittowoo

It's been quite hot here in Wiltshire, 26C.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

It was 150F in Texas recently... that's what you may have seen/heard.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You would not BELIEVE the sitch here!

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Evidently, Dubai heat index actually hit 150 back in July. www.the-express.com...

But what I saw was talking Europe, with the dead fish in Greece.

The caution now is that my fact-checking may superimpose itself over the 5 second incident and cause false memory. I did look at a temperature map that showed the Persian Gulf area much hotter than Europe. But that was part of fact-checking rather than what I heard on the TV.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It become a trend to photograph the thermometer in the car and make drama and clicks. TikTok demography most of time, two workmate in last month try lie to me. I say your car was parked in sun, of course it is 60°C in there. It is not 60°C air temperature. Can not touch surface when 60°C air temperature, not same as sauna.

Yes it was hot for two week now in Europe. Not like this hot.
edit on 1.9.2024 by Naftalin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You could just say instead of 150 degrees F that it was hotter than the hot end of a glass plant with outside air temperatures already above 100 degrees F. I know because I once worked in such a place one summer. It was typically 120 to 140 inside next to the furnace where molten glass floated on molten tin and cooled as it went down a long tunnel. 150 degrees would kill people like crazy across Europe. You can stand it for a few minutes. 120 to 140 is very hot and you need frequent breaks. One really hot day I walked past a thermometer that had the temperature over 180 degrees F. I hurried up past there. The guys told me my face was still red 10 minutes later in the air conditioned break room. I would lose 8 pounds of water in an 8 hour shift due to sweating so much when I worked that job. 150 degrees would kill everyone unless they were indoors.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Texastruth2

Which is why no one should leave kids and pets in a locked car! Even just to “run in the store real quick.”

Or chocolate and crayons! Lol, when my kids were little, I’d find melted crayons on my cloth seats in the back of my minivan. The chocolate was fairly easy to get out, but the crayons… oy vey!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join