It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 Degree Temperatures Across Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   
That's what I heard yesterday on the news channel that I normally watch.

Did any one else see this or hear it?
It was only about 5 seconds worth. Not presented by any host. Just those words and some pictures.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Back in April, the same sort of thing happened. Just before Ari Melber's show started, this announcement that "Bernie Sanders has died". Again, not presented by any host, just the words.

Hypotheses:

1) I'm freaking hallucinating more than usual.

2) I'm somehow hearing things that are supposed to be subliminal, effecting subconscious only.

3) Somehow, someone is slipping disinformation blurbs into the 3 or 5 second slots after a commercial plays and the next program starts.

I'm sort of leaning toward 3) because at least I can blame it someone else.

edit on 30-8-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Was is 150 degrees Celsius ? Or Kelvin? It certainly wasn't fahrenheit.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

It was listed as Celsius and Fahrenheit.
That doesn't figure. 150 F = 65.56 C.

It listed something in the 30s C.

When I tried fact checking Europe weather, it was average 85 F = = 29.4444444444°C

The disinfo also said that the oxygen got boiled out of the ocean water around Greece. There was a picture flashed supposedly showing 10s of thousands of dead fish floating.

150 K = -189.67°F according to this converter I just used.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

without video proof, this is either a tight buzz, or just a dream. It's obviously wrong, obviously a lie, and obviusly impossible. If it was the buzz, save up, you may want that one back one day soon. Don't toss the roach.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There's a heatwave due of 40C plus (100F plus and 314K plus) due to the cxrazy heat blast in the stratosphere over the arctic a month of so ago but not sure how they arrived at 150 (whatvever units they were using).

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Yeah. It was disinfo for sure. I'm just sort of wondering why I saw it and heard it.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   
our work truck looks like it peaked at maybe 94 in central florida. Mostly said 91 throughout the day. I am sure the heat index was reported higher. At least there was some shade nearby.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Could potentially be the broadcaster getting confused and saying 100F and 50C (expected in some areas) - what news channel was it and do you know what time and day it was?

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thats the problem with believing everything one hears in the news. Consider the source.

What is surprising is that many people hear something on the news and buy into it without using logic and common sense.

It is not 150 degrees F, C,K, or anything else.

When I hear about global warming, it is very easy to dismiss as disinformation geared to frighten people and separate then from their money. How do I do that? Easy! Im in the same home I was in 1960, in the same city, and same state. Contrary to what they tell you, it was hotter in the 60's. We roasted in 115 degrees F often, and even saw 117 degrees. That was brutal. Its about 67 degrees right now. The 1000 miles of rivers, sloughs, and channels are at the same level there were, as is the sea.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Climate Change bullsh1t scare tactics. Desperate. Apparently the subliminal messaging isn't enough for these mental cases. 🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You might want to be tested for Schizophrenia with the hallucinations more than usual?

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

We still don't know what this supposed news source was?

150 degrees is bonkers.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I am sure the heat index was reported higher.

Now that you mention it. I seem to remember that the disinfo may have said heat index at 150.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It was on MSNBC between 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock Pacific Time. That's 3 hrs different from Eastern time, where it's broadcast.

The thing with MSNBC is that they pick up 2 or 3 stories and repeat all day long. Like I wrote, this blurb only appeared 1 time, was not presented by a host, and it just popped up when commercials usually do.

It leads me to suspect that it may have gotten into the paid advertising feed.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Therealbeverage

You might want to be tested for Schizophrenia with the hallucinations more than usual?

I wonder if there might be a home test for that.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   
They started with the how it feels cold index for measuring the cold. Called windchill.

Now they have come out with a sort of heat index, it is say ninety five and feels like a hundred twenty because of humidity factors and no wind. That new translation is messing up people's heads, they think it is hot yet it is not like that at the beach or up on a hill where a little wind is present. We live in the woods, the daughters thermometer on her covered front porch in town with all the pavement around is about one hundred five degrees while our temperature here at our house three miles away is a nice seventy five degrees. In the shade by lake superior in our car when we were there sitting and eating a sub was about sixty five degrees.

Trees suck up a lot of heat and grow with that energy.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen

It was on MSNBC between 2 o'clock and ...

Why would a nice feller like you, decide to watch MSNGARBAGEBC, instead of just listening to the birds sing ?

It was 150°C here in July though :
25°C on the 15th ; 25°C on the 16th ; 25°C ... you get the picture.

edit on 30/30/2024 by KnowItAllKnowNothin because: I just remembered how to make the little degree sign. °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yes.

Like most climate data, we get to just pick the numbers we want now.

Next year, you'll hear 250.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

There aren't as many birds in my neighborhood as there were a few years ago. I do see a squirrel almost every day. Sometimes it asks for a peanut, sometimes not. Squirrels do best with a balanced diet.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I ate a squirrel once, and it didn't taste like peanuts at all.
I cooked him up at about 150°C.

I'm not sure if it was a him or a her, or if it identified as a goose, or if it ever got goosed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join