It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musk makes Starlink free in Brazil.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So Brazil trying to force Elon to Bend the knee:

BREAKING: Starlink will take legal action against the unlawful suspension of its bank accounts by Alexandre de Moraes. The order from Brazil Supreme Court prohibits Starlink from conducting financial transactions in the country, which clearly violates the Constitution of Brazil.

Elons response?

FU

Many remote schools and hospitals depend on SpaceX’s Starlink! SpaceX will provide Internet service to users in Brazil for free until this matter is resolved, as we cannot receive payment, but don’t want to cut anyone off.

Brazil trying to cancel free speak. Musk not backing down.

Moraes and Musk have been in a public feud for months, after X failed to comply with legal orders to block certain accounts accused of spreading "fake news" and hate messages.

Absolutely brilliant.

Nice to have true FU money. Glad he is standing up as global tyranny and authoritarian control is being implemented, attempting to stop free speech.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 10:55 PM
link   
bloody intenet

edit on pmThursday4pm2410bAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago8 by alwaysbeenhere2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I am interested in how so many people love when Musk battles the powers that be, him being of course, the richest man in the world. He is winning at the game that was created before he was born and hence, with all that money, if we hold with the old adage that ''money is power'', how can he be considered anything other than one of them, the powers that be.

I wonder, do people think that when he owns everything he will just turn it over to everyone else and make a heaven on Earth or will he just keep charging us so we can continue to live on Planet Musk.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This is foreshadowing of DS in America. When big tech cuts off the internet, Starlink goes mainstream

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
I am interested in how so many people love when Musk battles the powers that be, him being of course, the richest man in the world. He is winning at the game that was created before he was born and hence, with all that money, if we hold with the old adage that ''money is power'', how can he be considered anything other than one of them, the powers that be.

I wonder, do people think that when he owns everything he will just turn it over to everyone else and make a heaven on Earth or will he just keep charging us so we can continue to live on Planet Musk.
No one except the likes of yourself and your fellow Marxist thinkers expect anyone to turn over their wealth to everyone else.Equality of outcome eh?
More like the politics of envy.
Why do you hate anyone who is successful?
Is it because he doesn't pander to the mental illness of the authoritarian left?

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Your levels of assumption in that reply are very foggy. You think that i would expect anyone to turn over their wealth to everyone else is a figment of your own fevered mind. That I am a Marxist is another ill conceive bias based on the simple suggestion that I do not trust Musk.

Politics of envy? What a convienient trope to rely upon to explain things you do not understand.

Hate? Not hate but rather well learned knowledge of what happens to people who become wealth and those who become so wealthy they could buy and sell nations.

Musk is beyond the left and beyond the right but you seem not capable of seeing that. He will pander to whoever puts up the least resistence to his goal of world domination.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 777Vader

You see it coming, I see it coming but I guess too many other are tranced by the glitter of his presence. Presents?

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I get your concerns but it's not money that corrupts but power. Of course Elon is accumulating power, I'm aware of that.

When was the last time a billionaire said FU to the establishment? Maybe Branson serves as an example...

Either Elon is alowed to do it or his wealth is so far beyond that of Branson he really has noting to fear...

We'll see, elon seems rather genuine and not operating on pure Capitalist rules, which is refreshing to see.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 777Vader

I myself have been very suspicious on this push to have everyone's lives connected and accessible through the lens and a series of photons/electrons travelling through glass tubes and around copper lines spanning the globe. Or perhaps, a wormhole/gateway if you will??

Own as few devices with remote connection capabilities as possible, and even less with microphones, especially the remote controls of smart tv's and video game console handles.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I really wish I could believe that, in fact for a while I did. However I have been reading about his history and some of the shenanigans he has been using to acquire and maintain his wealth and power are highly questionable from the hope that he is on anyone's good side but his own.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Brazil judge shuts down Elon Musk's Twitter-X.

www.cnn.com...

WTF?

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Propaganda so awesome, that if they can't make you pay for it : they'll shove-it down your throat for free !!

Yay freedom !!

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Gee.. look at this:

BREAKING 🚨 Millions of people around the world are setting their VPNs to Brazil, to mess with the Brazilian authorities.

Twitter/x

That’s just… beautiful.

No one should do it… of course.

No.. really…

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As always.. rules are only for the small people.

BREAKING: Brazil President Lula's own political party continues using 𝕏 despite suspension orders.

Twitter

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Profound Human Intelligence from a founder of AI. Pretty damned awesome.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 08:01 PM
link   

If you don't want to use star link then you don't have to but it's bringing information to areas that otherwise wouldn't have it.

You don't have to use it though. He's not controlling your food source or something.

Turning off the Internet is what dictators do. They aren't afraid of misinformation they are afraid of truth.

And I would say no . He's not part of the powers that be despite his cash flow. The powers that be are the ones that want to sue you, tie you up in court, drain you capital, and lobby politicians to pass laws that favor them rather than make a quality product.

The powers that be seen him as a thorn.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

He will pander to whoever puts up the least resistence to his goal of world domination.

Yes. But that world isn't Earth it's Mars. 🙀

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=27471541]5thHead[/post

Mars? Do you believe that there is any valid reason to spend trillions and trillions on getting a few people to Mars? That is Musk's grandest selling dream, the progress to get us to Mars and to colonize it. Right? It's a con and our tax dollars are funding it.

Yeah, I know the same thing was said by many back in the 60s and 70s about the moon. And sure, we got there, but then what. Where are the resources that have come back from the mining operations there, where are th moon colonies. There ain't none and none in the forseable future, only the dream future.

Musk is selling Brooklyn bridges.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 09:59 PM
link   

As far as I know the government has given SpaceX a total of zero dollars to help musk get to Mars.

Has SpaceX been paid less money to do today what Boeing, ULA, Blue Origin and others are still incapable of. Yep 👍

Do you think they should just rescue astronauts for free ?

You don't like you tax dollars being spent on something that works and is cheaper?

And yes. People like Paris Hilton's father said he would build space hotels but he never got past some nice paintings. SpaceX is building the real thing. They're not just artist renderings.

Those starlinks really work. They're not a scam. Just ask Maduro or the judge from Brazil.

edit on 5311022America/Chicagopm31 by 5thHead because: 🚀

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

If not the Mars project specifically, but here is one article that lists some of the monies Musk has received from the government. Monies that go to those projects can just moved around here and there within his empire. Take a look.

www.businessinsider.com...

So, how long do you think it will take humans to successfully set up a stable colony on the moon ?
A colony stable enough to be a link to reach Mars ?
How long do you think it will take to get a man on Mars ?
How long to set up a stable colony on Mars ?

My guess on the first question is twenty years minimum.
My guess on the second question is fifty
My guess on the third is sixty
My guess on the fourth is eighty.

And that is hopeful depending on if everything goes well. Meanwhile we here are looking at problems that are overwhelming us. Economic collapses, environmental disruptions and collapses. Social unrest around the globe. I just don't see this dream of making a solid presence on another solar body. We don't even have a reliable space station.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join