It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You may say I'm a dreamer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm not American but I have an unusually vivid memory of the day Trump won the 2016 election. I sat back in my chair and looked out at the ocean with a sense of contentedness I hadn't felt before. The reason for this feeling was because it was the first time in my life I witnessed someone stand up against the system and somehow win. My years on ATS had made me somewhat jaded and cynical, and I could see there was a very powerful force controlling the United States and pretty much all westernized nations.

When Trump first ran I didn't really like him and I even wrote a thread about how I thought he would be an authoritarian leader. Then I started to see how the system was doing their best to ensure his loss but they still failed, then I witnessed them throw a massive hissy fit and they've been doing everything since that day to take him down, yet he still persists against all odds. Over time I have come to understand why they hate him so much, it's the same reason they hate people like RFK and Tulsi, it doesn't matter what side of the political aisle you are on.

If you hold beliefs that go against the status quo then they'll make you a target. I've always liked RFK and Tulsi long before they endorsed Trump, and there's a good reason for that. It's because I could sense they were legitimate free thinkers who aren't afraid to make real change happen. Just imagine it for a moment... Trump at the helm with people like RFK, Tulsi, and free thinkers from the right such as Rand Paul. RFK alone could really help bring about more government transparency, reform corrupt agencies, and reign in big pharma.

The left speaks a lot about change, in fact they almost seem to have an obsession with change instead of relying on traditions, but when you get right down to it, they clearly worship the status quo. They elect the same old life long politicians, even if they can barely function, because they are predictable and wont really change anything. Well that's not quite true, they'll dedicate 90% of their energy to changing social norms and developing DEI programs, rather than focus on real issues that impact the standard of living for everyone.

Now you may say I'm a dreamer, but I still think there's hope for our species. Trump has shown me you should always keep fighting because there's always a slim chance you'll come out on top even if they seem to have all the power. You might also find it insulting that I'm referencing a John Lennon song about a world without war or borders, but Trump seems love his borders, and we've all seen those photos of Trump hanging out with dictators and war mongers, the left loves to share them on social media because it's very damning right?

Well let's just consider something Tulsi said in her recent endorsement speech for Trump:

He keeps us in his heart in the decisions that he makes. We saw this through his first term in his presidency. When he not only didn't start any new wars, he took action to de-escalate and prevent wars. He exercised the courage we expect from our commander in chief, in exhausting all measures of diplomacy, having the courage to meet with adversaries, dictators, allies and partners alike, in the pursuit of peace, seeing war as a last resort

That's the way I always looked at it, because that's simply what Trump was trying to do, because he wants to see real change, and to some degree he even achieved it. If we manage to avoid nuclear war, it's very clear what 4 more years of a Kamala administration will look like. Let's be honest she probably did more work than Biden to begin with. It will be more of the same old status quo, with the same old puppet masters pulling the strings, and perhaps most sad of all is that many people will be happy about it.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I like your post. I don’t like Trump. I dislike the weaponization of the press against him or his followers a lot more.

And suspect the deep state is furious he still breathes.

But yeah he did keep us out of war.

Something Kamala cannot claim. At all.
edit on 27-8-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

When I saw how Trump had just barely survived that attempt on his life, after the initial shock I had a similar sort of feeling I had back in 2016, I could sense the world had suddenly shifted onto a better path against all odds.
edit on 27/8/2024 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

When I saw how Trump had just barely survived that attempt on his life, after the initial shock I had a similar sort of feeling I had back in 2016, I could sense the world had suddenly shifted onto a better path against all odds.
That’s fair. Here’s hoping.

And yet I read today they’re (the DOJ) trynna reopen the case against him that got tossed.

It ain’t over by any stretch.

Fat lady is still scarfing on her way to the opera house amigo.

ETA: I think a lot hangs in the balance with Trump.

A LOT a lot. And they ain’t done trynna make an example. Again he could be the biggest plant since Judas, but we’ll just have to cheers some beers and share the popcorn until then.
edit on 27-8-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You're a dreamer.

Just, you know, doing my part

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   

On a personal level, I don't like Trump. I've said it many times and I stand by it.

On the other hand, we need someone who is going to put America first and he seems to be the only one who wants to do that, so I'm voting Trump no matter what the Left throws at him. It's obvious he's a threat to their plans, because they go after him with everything they've got and, after some actual investigation, it's all fabricated BS. A smear campaign of epic proportions.

Had to throw this in because of the thread title.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

"On a personal level, I don't like Trump. I've said it many times and I stand by it."

Ditto....I have always said that DJT is an egomaniac narcissistic asshat who tweets too much. That being said, he is still the better candidate for the job.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   

i thought of this one first,

Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
Well, can you put your hands in your head? Oh no
I said, "Dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer"
Well, can you put your hands in your head? Oh no

if trump would learn just take a shot, then let it go instead of pushing buttons he'd get a lot further along in DC.

edit on 27-8-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well I am not an American either. But unlike others here who say they dislike Trump but would still vote him.

I on the other hand cannot vote for him but think when compared to every other politician in my whole entire life, from every single country I am aware of I like him the best.

He is to me the single best politician, I like his character. I like his deeds. I like the way he carries himself and the way he speaks. What I like most about Trump is how he treats others. He can sing high praise to those who deserve and he can sling a big fat slug of mud right into the faces of the unworthy.

He doesn’t use a teleprompter he is capable of speaking off the cuff directly and is unapologetically his genuine self regardless of the situation.

I love Trump because almost everything I hate, hates him.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

There is this weird misconception that voting for a particular candidate means that you love everything about them.
The opposite applies too. Voting against someone doesn't mean you hate everything about them.

The all or nothing attitude of today's instant microwave burrito society is sad.

I don't like trump on a personal level.
He's arrogant, loud, ego driven and flys off the handle.. basically a jerk.

That being said.. I like many of his policies.
I want a secure border.
I want American jobs protected.
I want an jerk dealing with foreign leaders.

Throw in the cackling idiot running against him and it's a pretty easy choice for me.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

As you point out about the converse, it’s all they ran Biden on and all they’re running Harris on again.

“Trump is bad m’kay!”

Strange Days.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I was thinking about these lyrics from the John Lennon song when I wrote this thread:

But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

It's unlikely Lennon would approve of my "appropriation" of his song, but I really think there could be a lot more unity in the world if people could let go of their political dogma. To be clear, it's not about joining the left or right, it's about joining the right side of history and standing up to the system, ultimately it's about "good" vs "evil". I dislike most politicians on both sides, but there is a small handful of politicians on both sides who haven't completely sold their soul. The elite clearly view those politicians as a threat because they are free thinkers willing to challenge the status quo. It has always puzzled me how the masses are so easily fooled into hating those few people who could bring about real change.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I remember saying Hillarys "trump sucks" platform was a bad idea.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I’m technically an independent, but I’d never vote for Kamila. My late father used to say that a businessman would be the best president for this country, because fiscally it has to be run like a business. My father died in 2012. When Trump won in 2016, I thought to myself “Dad, you got your wish!”. I think he’s the best choice, but I wish he could control his mouth. Not everything you think has to be said.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If Trump could only control his mouth he would be unstoppable .

I've said it many times Trump is his own worst enemy .

Every time I see the man sit down for an interview he just cannot help himself .He has to talk about certain subjects in a certain way ....

I would've thought by now Trump would have learned how to control himself in interviews and speeches .

That being said none of that really matters does it ??? if a person cannot look past his obvious flaws and see the Great leader that lies beneath then I don't know what i can say .....

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LollieK3

I think he’s the best choice, but I wish he could control his mouth. Not everything you think has to be said.

Precisely .

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Amen. I don't like Trump in the sense of, there's a guy I'd like to hang out with. And I'm sure he wouldn't want to associate with me either. Trump's biggest flaw (IMO) is his ego. But no one without a massive ego is going to run for President. The best possible person for President ever, does us no good if he won't run like it's imperative.

If there's anyone else out there willing to really effectively take on the preposterously corrupt and inept government, they'd get my vote. Most Congressional Republicans are either too weak or too corrupt to do anything meaningful. A few aren't. Maybe if there's an indication of leadership from the White House, a Republican Congress could start to make a difference. Maybe.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

DJT is an egomaniac narcissistic asshat ? Yes he is.....BUT BIDEN IS WORSE THAN HIM AT THOSE THREE. Watch Biden's speeches with an open mind, he is a career politician with excellent skills at all three of those characteristics.

Biden just does not tweet much.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Right on. Good thread.

Dying all the time. Lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?
...Keith Richards

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I don't have the same memories of 2016 nor did I have the same philosophical perspective on the controversy surrounding his campaign, but now I share the hopes that you have outlined here and the same appreciation of his revolutionary... stigma, shall we call it, which radiates David versus Goliath energy. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

originally posted by: RickinVa

"On a personal level, I don't like Trump. I've said it many times and I stand by it."

Ditto....I have always said that DJT is an egomaniac narcissistic asshat who tweets too much. That being said, he is still the better candidate for the job.

I've been called a narcissistic ass hat before, usually by cry baby losers. I just smile and nod when they insult me because I know how scared they are deep down and that I'm not the monster they should be confronting, I'm just the easier target. Trump is the easier target.

edit on 27-8-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join