It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucy Letby was convicted of the murders of seven newborns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hi All

Nurses have written an open letter to Sir Keir Starmer warning that the Lucy Letby case has left them “terrified” to continue working in the NHS in case they are wrongly blamed for deaths in their care. The group of 19 nurses has come together to argue that the recent convictions of Letby had “implications” for the nursing profession.

It resonates with me.
My daughter at a very young age was diagnosed with a multiple ventricular defect.
It should have been spotted a lot earlier.

My daughter is 18, In college and doing good.

Ok point being....

Im at Birmingham childrens hospital and the doctors do their rounds between 9am and 12 (if your lucky)

Now imagine this....

The doctor had with him 3 other trainees.
He was cohersing with the other 3 trains.

My daughter is hooked up to a machine with 6 syringes.
The Doctor says "BLAH BLAH BLAH" and turns the dosage up!!!

As soon as Mr Miracle Doctor walked away (daughter still unconcious)..
The nurses (2 of them looked at each other).

They adjusted the the dosage and turned it right down.
My little girl was awake in a few hours.

I will trust a nurse and you will always have my support.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alwaysbeenhere2

Just for clarity; are you expressing concern over the safety of Lucy Letby's convictions or the confidence of nurse's to contiinue doing their jobs in light of the convictions?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

From what I've read about the case, I can´t grasp the point of your post.

Joseph Roy Metheny was an American serial killer and rapist in Baltimore, Maryland. He owned a bar-b-que stand where he sold grilled hamburgers, and he ground up the flesh of some of his victims, made burgers with it and sold them to his customers.

Your argument is, IMO, akin to saying that the conviction of Joe Metheny was a threat to all purveyors of bar-b-qued hamburgers. Perhaps Joe Metheny shouldn't have been convicted to avert potential damage to all of the honest bar-b-que hamburger joints?

No. If she did wrong, she needs to go down. Your daughter was saved by nurses. That's great, but it is how it should be. If this woman did what she was convicted of doing, she needs to go down.

I didn't stop eating hamburgers when I heard about Joe Metheny. Some people are just bad and need to be dealt with.

I think that the parents of the babies she killed or injured would not agree with you.

:
edit on 2024 8 26 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Point of the post...

Beverly Allit...

A nurse who killed babies in her care has appeared before a mental health assessment panel as she seeks a transfer to a mainstream prison.

Beverley Allitt was working at Grantham hospital in Lincolnshire when she killed four children and tried to murder another nine in 1991.

My point being is that there are sickos out there, but you cant tarnish without the brush.

This sort of thing is very rare if you look at history.

I support all NHS staff they do a brilliant job with the resources they have.

Im saying.....

Bashdard joke of a system.
Ive seen children that are probably not leaving that hospital.

The doctors are a joke.
They dont know their arse from their elbows.

I had more trust in the nurses.

This crap now is like wen covid hit.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Yes, cases like this are incredibly rare.

No-one that I'm aware of is trying to tar all nurses with the same brush.
Nurses command an incredible amount of respect and the general public are very supportive and appreciative of them - its just a shame our governments historically haven't afforded them the same respect and appreciation....except of course during national emergencies and pandemics.

But as far as I can tell due process was followed in both the Beverley Allitt and Lucy Letby cases.

Like many people I've had my own experiences with the NHS - the nurses were nearly always fantastic and went above and beyond.

I still don't really understand the point you're trying to make.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

From what I've read about the case, I can´t grasp the point of your post.

Joseph Roy Metheny was an American serial killer and rapist in Baltimore, Maryland. He owned a bar-b-que stand where he sold grilled hamburgers, and he ground up the flesh of some of his victims, made burgers with it and sold them to his customers.

Your argument is, IMO, akin to saying that the conviction of Joe Metheny was a threat to all purveyors of bar-b-qued hamburgers. Perhaps Joe Metheny shouldn't have been convicted to avert potential damage to all of the honest bar-b-que hamburger joints?

No. If she did wrong, she needs to go down. Your daughter was saved by nurses. That's great, but it is how it should be. If this woman did what she was convicted of doing, she needs to go down.

I didn't stop eating hamburgers when I heard about Joe Metheny. Some people are just bad and need to be dealt with.

I think that the parents of the babies she killed or injured would not agree with you.

:

She's a murderer look at her eyes seven babies and the attempted murder of six others at the hospital. HOLLOW EYES!

i.guim.co.uk...
edit on 27-8-2024 by Therealbeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join