It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lefty please explain

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So I spent yesterday reading up on your candidates. All I know is that Trump is evil, the DNC candidates aren't bad at all, in fact they like black people which is the best thing ever. And if you don't like the stuff they are really doing you are racist and sexist among other slurs and then of course there is the most wonderful thing ever; abortion.

So tell me how that is going to reduce costs, taxes, and military foreign engagement? Since those are the real problems...

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: berbofthegreen
So I spent yesterday reading up on your candidates. All I know is that Trump is evil, the DNC candidates aren't bad at all, in fact they like black people which is the best thing ever. And if you don't like the stuff they are really doing you are racist and sexist among other slurs and then of course there is the most wonderful thing ever; abortion.

So tell me how that is going to reduce costs, taxes, and military foreign engagement? Since those are the real problems...

Good luck getting a coherent answer.

Everything they do is by based on feelz, not facts.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My suggestion is to not listen to any politicians as they are ALL useless idiots, who lie daily almost as often as they take a breath

ATS is a microcosm of the way that politicians look to divide the population, people think that somehow if politician A is in charge then there life will be better but if politician B is in charge the world will end, they all eat together and feed of taxpayers money they steal

Live your own life and worry little about what your neighbour does in regard to fertilisation

Whoever invented politics was no doubt the OG narcissist

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: berbofthegreen

Because intersectionality is the answer to all of the questions facing the world today. Even the United States' nuclear posture. Honest.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I'm not a lefty, but I'll take their place as I doubt you'll get a coherent answer from them.

ORANGE MAN BAD!

That was all I could get out of a woman I spoke to yesterday.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The right: We’re going to save the country by preventing communists to take over.

The left: pick us to protect democracy (implied from “fascists”)

The right: we’ll fix the economy by lowering taxes (but we won’t lower spending)

The left: we’ll fix the economy by dictating prices?

Both: they won’t fix anything.

Edit: bonus Both: cry foul when they lose and create elaborate narrative of how a foreign nation helped elect ______
edit on 26-8-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Have you seen my analogy?

Red car or blue car.

Blue car careening in a straight line toward a concrete wall at 200mph.

Red car taking a longer route and only 180mph to the same destination.

Which one you gonna ride in?

:
edit on 2024 8 26 by AwakeNotWoke because: forgot the witty graphic.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

From what I know, being from California and New Zealand (basically another California in the middle of the ocean) --- the only thing people care about is not having women's rights taken away + gay rights being taken away. These two social issues have basically held everyone hostage to the DNC, most of which who will vote for Harris very reluctantly in order to prevent the Right from removing more freedoms. Project 2025 is a very big issue to them, they believe that when Trump is elected much of what the Heritage foundation wants will come to fruition. Ultimately, most people believe both parties are extremely corrupt and don't represent the people but instead large corporations and the military industrial complex. Some actually secretly like Trump and feel like he would do a better job, but once again cannot vote for a party that they believe will continue to erode women's rights / gay rights.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkinCap

You should take a poll of those people asking:

What rights does a man have that a woman doesn't?

What rights does a straight person have that a gay person doesn't?

Actual rights now, not feelz.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Hmm I'll help you out, specifically they are worried about 'Rights' being taken away such as abortion and gay marriage, contraception, etc - the obvious things.
edit on 26-8-2024 by ThinkinCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkinCap

Hmm I'll help you out, specifically they are worried about 'Rights' being taken away such as abortion and gay marriage, contraception, etc - the obvious things.

So then, not actual rights

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Abortion was indeed a national right until the overturning of Roe v. Wade. Since then, women in some states have lost that right as it's now determined by state law.

Same-sex marriage is a legally recognized right across the U.S... The U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Obergefell v. Hodges (2015) affirmed that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry under the 14th Amendment, which ensures equal protection under the law. This ruling mandates that all states must recognize and perform same-sex marriages, with the federal government also recognizing these marriages for all legal purposes. So, yes, it is an actual right - for now.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Abortion was indeed a national right until the overturning of Roe v. Wade. Since then, women in some states have lost that right as it's now determined by state law.

Same-sex marriage is a legally recognized right across the U.S... The U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Obergefell v. Hodges (2015) affirmed that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry under the 14th Amendment, which ensures equal protection under the law. This ruling mandates that all states must recognize and perform same-sex marriages, with the federal government also recognizing these marriages for all legal purposes. So, yes, it is an actual right - for now.

Roe v Wade was a state issue as there was no national law passed by Congress "creating" a right to abortion. Being that is may, the Supremes sent it back to the state, where it belongs.

There are federal laws regarding marriage since it often involves federal benefits, such as Obergefell, therefore, the "right" has been established and upheld. I've not seen anything credible anywhere that is trying to remove that but feel free enlighten us.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yeah Democrats talk about everything except:

42 million in poverty

700,000 homeless

How many millions of Migrants in poverty and homeless

😃

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This will be the first election where I won't be voting on policy but voting against a movement.

There's a dangerous national pride embedded within the MAGA movement. It's that mentality and cult of personality that I will be voting against, not for any democratic policies.

When I first hit voting age, I identified as a libertarian, a Ron Paul guy. Conservatives have lost their way and their party.

After years of seeing posts on ATS about the lunatic and moronic left, Karma is telling me, it's time for you guys to get your comeuppance.

I am not voting for Harris.
I am not voting against Trump.

I am voting against Trump supporters.

You people must've never watched the show Survivor. Not only must you make it to the end but you also have to be likeable to win the final votes for the prize.

It always comes down to "feelz". AKA likeability. Likeability is politics 101.

The only reason Trump was ever president is because he ran against the most disliked candidate ever.

On Survivor, you get contestants like Russell who played the game very well but stepped on so many toes on the way that he lost the popularity contest and the whole prize because of it.

Politics is getting people to like you. MAGA has failed in that regard. It peaked in 2016-2020 but now the fever has broken.

So all those years of, StUpId LiBeRaLs, or TrUmP DeRaNgEmEnT SyNdRoMe, OrAnGe MaN bAd, fAcTs DoNt CaRe AbOuT yOuR fEeLiNgS, NpC's, is coming back to bite them.

Here's a new nickname for them to use.

KARMALA HARRIS.

So yes. The election is about feelz. Because it's politics. And your going to lose that election based on feelz due to a lack of empathy.

I am voting to put an end to the MAGA movement and mentality. The Republican party needs the big loss in order to restructure.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I am not following your lead because the alternative is absolute totalitarians who will shut down free speach and go house to house to claim those weapons. They will FURTHER VIOLATE our human rights in the name of Abortion protection and Orange man bad now won't they?

My state will vote in Trump by a LANDSLIDE so i could vote my Libertarian party but I don't care about them since they went leftist too. The RINO's aren't getting my vote either. But Trump sure will even though I did not like him at 1st. I do see common sense is all he needed to expose the criminals in DC who are SQUIRMING....

Who hates to see the criminals in DC lose besides you in your family?

None on my side of my family and we were 100% Dem last century.

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
This will be the first election where I won't be voting on policy but voting against a movement.

There's a dangerous national pride embedded within the MAGA movement. It's that mentality and cult of personality that I will be voting against, not for any democratic policies.

When I first hit voting age, I identified as a libertarian, a Ron Paul guy. Conservatives have lost their way and their party.

After years of seeing posts on ATS about the lunatic and moronic left, Karma is telling me, it's time for you guys to get your comeuppance.

I am not voting for Harris.
I am not voting against Trump.

I am voting against Trump supporters.

You people must've never watched the show Survivor. Not only must you make it to the end but you also have to be likeable to win the final votes for the prize.

It always comes down to "feelz". AKA likeability. Likeability is politics 101.

The only reason Trump was ever president is because he ran against the most disliked candidate ever.

On Survivor, you get contestants like Russell who played the game very well but stepped on so many toes on the way that he lost the popularity contest and the whole prize because of it.

Politics is getting people to like you. MAGA has failed in that regard. It peaked in 2016-2020 but now the fever has broken.

So all those years of, StUpId LiBeRaLs, or TrUmP DeRaNgEmEnT SyNdRoMe, OrAnGe MaN bAd, fAcTs DoNt CaRe AbOuT yOuR fEeLiNgS, NpC's, is coming back to bite them.

Here's a new nickname for them to use.

KARMALA HARRIS.

So yes. The election is about feelz. Because it's politics. And your going to lose that election based on feelz due to a lack of empathy.

I am voting to put an end to the MAGA movement and mentality. The Republican party needs the big loss in order to restructure.

edit on 26000000343120248America/Chicago08am8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Think back. Way back to about 2 or 3 years ago. Remember mandatory vaccines? Remember doctors, nurses, pilots, men and women in the military, and many, many others who lost their jobs because they didn't want to take a "safe and effective" drug that was later proven neither safe nor effective?

The Democrats position was summed up succinctly by Arnold Schwarzenegger, "To Hell with your rights. Take the damn shot."

And now Democrats are claiming they care about anyone's "right to choose"?

I'd have to call BS on that one.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here’s what some of Kamala’s supporters said about her policies. www.facebook.com...
edit on 26-8-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The Left is a Cult pure and simple.

You cannot expect a Cultist to explain their beliefs to an outsider/non-believer .

The Left of course call Trump Supporters/MAGA cultist as well , Though it's all to Easy for a Politically Right hand person to explain their politics and personal beliefs .

The Left is like the Cult Scientology , To a non-believer Scientology Beliefs seem insane and make no logical sense what so ever. But to a Scientologist that is surrounded by other Scientologist it all seems so normal . That is until one day the Brain washing finally breaks like a giant Dam under Millions of pounds of Pressure .

The people at the top of the Left are well aware that Leftist beliefs are complete non-sense . but the goal is the consolidation of Power under a Marxist Utopia .

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Yeah they cant Take Away our rights !!!!

You Remember when Trump was in Office and He Banned Gay Marriage and Banned Abortion .

Oh wait ..... That's right he didn't do any of those things did he..... In fact no Republican ever has in the History of this country.

I do remember in 2008 though that Barack Obama aka Democrat Jesus ran against Gay marriage.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join