It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media/Media Companies Must Boycott European States Assaulting The Liberty of Free Speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It is really simple concept, turn Europe dark. Rather than allow the royals of Europe, because that is who is really calling the shots and making these decisions, the many monarchs of old Europe and their very old money connections. Make Twitter, Meta, Telegram, Rumble unavailable in those states, or perhaps all of EU. A company can either dance on eggshells attempting to cow-tow to anti-liberty/democracy governments and be subject to expensive litigation anyways, or just disable their services in these nations.

What would a 7 day blackout in Europe be like from non-European social media sites that dominate the market??? Maybe even other international outlets should just pull out. Anyone who is serious about the integrity of journalism and redress of grievances through representation should not be giving a single red cent to these nations or humoring their despotism for profit. It is time to bring integrity back.

Effectively immediately, I am personally going through my home goods to see if I am exposed to any EU merch. In my life, that means that not only will I be boycotting Aldi, I will be making a local campaign to bring awareness to European brands and to boycott them for their destruction of liberty and tyranny against free speech.

I suggest EVERYONE else also do the same, and do so very loudly and very publicly. Middle finger bumper stickers sound good too. Maybe some T-shirts. Flea market guys have already cut me deals for stuff in the past for bulk. I am serious, and sorry citizens of Europe, but your governments are out of control.

But on the social media level, I think a 7 day moratorium may be a good wake up call. Maybe they could even all have a re-direct page with a message. Something like "Our apologies, you currently reside in a government that no longer respects your right to free speech and ability to think. In order to be in compliance without risk to litigation, we have decided to cease operations and make our content unavailable to this audience due to threat of arrest for not masking our mouths and shutting up.

If you need answers, we suggest consult your nearest administrative capitol and consult with your elected and non elected officials."

We flip the script. Rather than allowing them to tell us when to bite our lips or be fined or arrested, we just turn them into information black holes using our right to conduct business with whom we choose? I know Meta will not play ball, but I am thinking a handful would be willing. Double edged sword. Sure revenue may dry up in that market, but without the need to run physical servers there so would costs.

Obviously there is significantly more technical processes involved, but I think I made my point clear. , QUIT THEIR GAME! STOP PLAYING BY THEIR RULES

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

All you would be doing is giving them What they want. Shutting down free speech.

I say screw em and keep posting.

Maduro says he wants to fight Elon. There is a reason. Brazil just threatened to X employees. These kinds of people want it shut down.

Keep it up in South America and keep it up in the EU.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Right.

And morbidly obese people should boycott McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts.

Neither one gonna happen. And for similar reasons.

:
edit on 2024 8 25 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Ok a reply to: worldstarcountry
This is satire, right???

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Nice sarcasm

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I heartily support your idea. Take your Putin's oligarchs' financed platforms out of the EU. The far right special snowflakes will cry crocodile tears but the rest will manage. Perhaps, with all the big crapholes gone, old small forums where one can have a mature discussion will come into favor again.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 04:36 AM
link   

People will simply turn on a VPN worldstarcountry.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 05:20 AM
link   

So, you suggest that countries who don't have the same laws, should be boycotted by the media companies?

Wouldn't that be limiting the freedom of expression of those in other countries?

Also, other countries do not consider lies and fraud to be classified as free speech, as is done in the USA.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It's fine that other countries have their own laws, but they are trying to enforce those laws on people in other countries. The UK says it will come after Americans or anyone else for breaking their laws.

What if you did or said something that was perfectly legal in New Zealand, but the US said " We don't like that and we're coming to arrest you".

When Twitter was owned and operated by Liberals and censored Conservatives, everything was fine. Now that Musk owns it and they no longer have control of the narrative, it's suddenly a threat to Democracy.

Seems like pretty much anything that goes against their agenda is a threat to Democracy.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Rather than allow the royals of Europe

I stopped reading after this as you don't seem to understand that most European Royals are powerless figure heads these days. It appears you don't seem to understand Europe??

Your last line did make me laugh thou'

QUIT THEIR GAME! STOP PLAYING BY THEIR RULES

If you want to sell your goods or tech in a foreign country, then you must meet the standards and laws set in that country, it's that simple....

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   
You know what else is used to spead misinformation, criminal activity and unapproved political speech?

The telephone

The Library

When are we going to start censoring these technologies for not being the world's police?

It's all fun and games until the government corses your personal line in the sand.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

other countries do not consider lies and fraud to be classified as free speech, as is done in the USA.

Of course they do. That's how their leaders got in and remain in power.

It's the truth that they want censored.

edit on 5310707America/Chicagoam26 by 5thHead because: 🔇

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The only ones that would at this time would be Rumble, X, and Telegram. The rest are too addicted to money and power, and globohomo mythology.

edit on 26-8-2024 by berbofthegreen because: .

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It is not criminal to spread misinformation since the Obama admin passed the laws that let Media lie to us with propaganda. I always suspected that was so they could lie on the news report and not got to jail. Am I right? It sure seems so.

originally posted by: Dandandat3
You know what else is used to spead misinformation, criminal activity and unapproved political speech?

The telephone

The Library

When are we going to start censoring these technologies for not being the world's police?

It's all fun and games until the government corses your personal line in the sand.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The telephone

The Library

Like this?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasicResearchMethods

The telephone

The Library

Like this?

This is apples and oranges so NOPE!

Banned from school libraries and you know why they should be for obvious reasons, but want to go ahead anyway?. The public wants to keep underage and vulnerable children away from perverts until they are old enough to be what ever they wish. The perverts are fighting tooth and nail to get these kids educated in BJ's and Anal Sex or being Trannies. That anyone would protect innocent children from perverted materials that adults will still be able to obtain seems logical since those same books will be allowed in the city's public libraries and the parents can go check it out and see.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: BasicResearchMethods

The telephone

The Library

Like this?

Banned from school libraries and you know why they should be for obvious reasons, but want to go ahead anyway?. The public wants to keep underage and vulnerable children away from perverts until they are old enough to be what ever they wish. The perverts are fighting tooth and nail to get these kids educated in BJ's and Anal Sex or being Trannies. That anyone would protect innocent children from perverted materials that adults will still be able to obtain seems logical since those same books will be allowed in the city's public libraries and the parents can go check it out and see.

Hmmm. I saw the post more as an indictment on the Esquire piece instead of slam on Desantis. I could be wrong I suppose but I thought it was labeling the article as disinformation.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

MY apologies then. I do like how you approach logic.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I had a quick skim the list of godless decadent books banned from Florida's school, university and public libraries for threatening God fearing children and our Western Christian way of life.

It's Florida because it was the first place that came up when I searched "banned library books usa". Nothing to do with the individuals involved. I don't do blind partisan politics.

Turns out I've read a few of those banned books eg

For Whom the Bell Tolls
Catch 22
Maus
The Diary of Anne Frank
Slaughterhouse 5
Half of a Yellow Sun
Beloved
A Clockwork Orange
The Kite Runner
Atlas Shrugged
The Fountainhead
Ender's Game
Fahrenheit 451
The Great Gatsby
To Kill a Mockingbird
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Brave New World

All great literature that makes the reader see the world a different way, none perverted, all banned or restricted.

Oddly enough, the great granddaddy of pedolit - Romeo and Juliet - seems to get a pass.

It appears the people doing the banning don't read much and don't get irony.

edit on 26-8-2024 by BasicResearchMethods because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BasicResearchMethods

Sure just like that; conversations are just as complicit in trying to curtail our human rights as the Liberals.

It should all be opposed.

ETA;

It's amazing how eager people are to whatabout themselves out of their freedoms.

edit on 26-8-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join