It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe’s most dangerous volcano rumbles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
www.msn.com...

A number of scientists are warning of a possible tipping point — but no one more so than Giuseppe Mastrolorenzo, a senior researcher with Italy’s National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV) who is engaged in a public fight with the agency he serves, arguing it is not taking the threat seriously enough. He describes a worst-case scenario in which a deep fissure opens in the earth, spewing a mushroom cloud of noxious gas, superheated ash and pyroclastic material. At night, emissions would be wreathed in lightning bolts. The view of the coastline would be shrouded by a deadly black veil. In the aftermath, white-gray ash and rock would blanket the land.
This could be realy bad. I do not know what the chances are of this happening are.

POZZUOLI, Italy — In the red zone of the awakening Phlegraean Fields, the most dangerous volcano in Europe, 2,000-year-old ruins are rising from the earth, thrust upward by hydrothermal force. The water line is receding at the docks as the ground rises. Thousands of earthquakes, including one that drove 1,500 people into temporary shelter, are sending shock waves of fear through coastal communities.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone44

In the red zone of the awakening Phlegraean Fields, the most dangerous volcano in Europe, 2,000-year-old ruins are rising from the earth, thrust upward by hydrothermal force.

What an apocalyptic sentence!
I thought I was reading the start of a fictional novel. I pictured an ancient city bursting from the earth,maybe populated by lava demons.

The article explained the reality though-an ancient temple has risen by a few centimetres..

I thought this was the scary part-

“If we were talking about a volcano in Antarctica, we would all be saying that it’s moving toward an eruption,” says Chiodini, suggesting that there’s greater reluctance to alarm people in a populated area like Italy.

www.msn.com...

Slightly off topic,but when I was trying to come up with an event which could take out the numbers predicted in the infamous Deagel.com population forecasts-I came to the conclusion it would have to be either a meteor strike,or a supervolcano.

edit on 24-8-2024 by onestonemonkey because: sp

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone44

... This could be realy bad. I do not know what the chances are of this happening are. ...

Historically speaking, the chances are about 100%.

It's just a matter of when.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't expect any super volcanos to go off that would affect the whole planet. That would cause the opposite effect to what I am expecting. Its too late in the game for one of those now. It would cause global cooling. I expect severe warming on Earth due to changes in our star, the Sun. The Sun looks very different than it did in the 1960s. It used to have a cooler color spectrum. It was a yellow color. Now it is a brilliant white, and it feels like it would burn you quicker. I used to sunbathe. I dont anymore. There will be volcanoes, but nothing that affects the world in a cooling manner

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

The Suns appearance hasn't changed dramatically in terms of colour spectrum since the 1960s.

You're eyesight on the other hand..........

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The Sun looks very different than it did in the 1960s. It used to have a cooler color spectrum. It was a yellow color. Now it is a brilliant white, and it feels like it would burn you quicker.

yep you are correct, the sun feels much hotter. not so much in the temperature but in the way it feels on your skin with or without humidity.

another thing and people say i'm crazy for saying this but i think the sun has moved, well i should say i think the earth's wobble has shifted. i've lived in the same place for 48 years of my 62.

our front yard faces west, in the evening when the sun goes down it would always between two pine trees on our property in the summer, and just to the left of the one on the left when facing them. about 10 years ago i noticed that the sun was in a different spot and have been watching it ever since. now in the summer it's all the way past the one on the right, which would makes further north and during the winter it's in between the two trees.

edit on 24-8-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

The Sun looks very different than it did in the 1960s. It used to have a cooler color spectrum. It was a yellow color. Now it is a brilliant white, and it feels like it would burn you quicker.

yep you are correct, the sun feels much hotter. not so much in the temperature but in the way it feels on your skin with or without humidity.

another thing and people say i'm crazy for saying this but i think the sun has moved, well i should say i think the earth's wobble has shifted. i've lived in the same place for 48 years of my 62.

our front yard faces west, in the evening when the sun goes down it would always between two pine trees on our property in the summer, and just to the left of the one on the left when facing them. about 10 years ago i noticed that the sun was in a different spot and have been watching it ever since. now in the summer it's all the way past the one on the right, which would makes further north and during the winter it's in between the two trees.

I noticed the same thing around that time frame and received a fair amount of ridicule on ATS when I mentioned it.
I watched the sun come up every morning while drinking coffee on my front porch with a giant oak tree for reference. The sun no longer rises as it once did throughout the seasons.

There's been a massive change in animal habitat, too; everything from bees to snakes to birds and more.

Maybe you and I could start a 'Crazy Culb' for those of us who pay close attention to their surroundings, Bernnie!

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Satellite observations have provided a continuous and unfiltered view of the Sun since the 60s

And the observations consistently show that the Sun emits a full spectrum of light, peaking in the visible range, with no significant shifts in colour or intensity.

So if there has been a significant change in temperature(the way it feels on your skin) I'm inclined to believe it is more down to atmospheric factors and changes here on Earth.

Could the way it feels on your skin not also be down to the likes of aging?

After all it happens to us all.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You have become a pro at gaslighting. Thats not necessarily a compliment.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It's not a compliment, but a personal attack of sorts.

I can only assume because you dont like the fact that your ""observations"" dont not fit the satellite data.

I won't care to speculate as to what you have become.

Because the thread is not about you or me, nor what you imagine people have ""become"". LoL

Have a nice day.

edit on 24-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Because NASA said so.

Yeah, right. We believe everything NASA and the government tell us.

Thanks for clearing that up!

top topics

join