It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Why Files tells many Time Slip stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 12:29 AM
link   
You can skip to the 5:00 minute mark to skip the Ad. This video has many stories of time slips and ends up covering the theories trying to explain what could possibly be happening to cause these events.

Accidental Time Travelers | The Mystery and Science of Time Slips

Imagine walking down a familiar street when suddenly everything changes. The asphalt beneath your feet transforms into cobblestone, cars vanish, replaced by horse-drawn carriages. The air fills with the scent of coal smoke and horse manure.

People in Victorian-era clothing hurry past, glancing at you suspiciously. Panic sets in as you realize you're no longer in your own time. Then, just as quickly, you're back in the present day.

You just had a Time Slip, and you're not alone. Thousands of people worldwide have reported experiencing time slips. They briefly travel through time, witnessing scenes from the past or future before returning to the present.

Are these experiences vivid hallucinations, or could they be glimpses into the true nature of time and reality? Today, we cover a few famous Time Slip stories and the scientific theories that might explain them.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I like these time slip stories.

I will say though, I don't believe them, mainly because if you went back in time a decent amount you would be standing in empty space or some such because the Earth is always moving around the Sun which is always moving about the Galactic centre which is always moving relative to the rest of space.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   
For an old guy talking to his fish, I find them very entertaining! My favorite utube channel.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I'm getting addicted to this show....now I'm looking for a new episode every week.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I have an actual personal 'Time Slip' story...and it really happened.

My wife and I bought an old home built in 1901...and situated on a side street just off the main thoroughfare.
All the homes on the street dated back to the 1880's and 1890's...and it was an old historic 'gaslight district' but all the original gaslights had been converted to electric with one situated directly in front of our house.

We spent years restoring it...but that is another story.

I remember we had very recently moved in and were still getting the furniture situated.

It was one of the first nights in our new old house and we were in bed.
Our bedroom faced the old street and, because we had no curtains up yet we had sheets up over the large front windows to the bedroom.

We had both just got into bed but were both still wide awake. Almost instantly, all the normal street noises outside went silent...and the streetlight outside, shining through the sheets went much dimmer.

Again, both my wife had just gotten into bed...but were still awake.

It was then, we heard the snorting of horses and the 'clip-clop' of hooves on cobblestone outside the front of the house.
We both listened to it for maybe 15 seconds...before I jumped up to pull the window covers away.

As I got to the window the horse and carriage sounds stopped, the gaslight brightened and the normal street sounds returned.

Everything looked normal when I pulled aside the sheet covering the window.

We both heard the horse and carriage traffic and truly believed we somehow experienced a brief slip back to the late 1800's.

Later we saw, during some street work outside, that the asphalt streets had been laid over old brick cobblestone on our street.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I like these time slip stories.

I will say though, I don't believe them, mainly because if you went back in time a decent amount you would be standing in empty space or some such because the Earth is always moving around the Sun which is always moving about the Galactic centre which is always moving relative to the rest of space.

Ha I watched Time After Time just last night

Ive heard a theory trying to explain away this rationale, Im not endorsing it just thought it was an interesting theory about traveling to the past, cause I dig the topic and found some stories compelling and it's a cool "what if"

The theory goes you aren't going back to a specific space in time, instead, time is shed in layers of floating energy that are part of the "ether" around our world, sometimes when the vibration is right we poke back into that energy, like an image burned into an older model tv screen.

this doesn't answer for the time slips to the future, however.

edit on p000000318am086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn4
For an old guy talking to his fish, I find them very entertaining! My favorite utube channel.

Old!?

He's not that old...

Am I old!?

-_-

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrotherKinsMan

originally posted by: Nickn4

Old!?

He's not that old...

Am I old!?

-_-

You are old.

I am not old.

Everybody around me, all of my friends are is getting old, though. I couldn't understand it but now I'm thinking they are all in some kind of time slip.

Or maybe I am?

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Maybe we only think we know how time works. Isn’t time a human concept?

What if it’s a bleed over of programming? Some say we live in a simulation, so what if it’s left over virtual memory for lack of better words.

There is a thought that we are tied to our fore fathers by more than DNA. Kind of like mushroom mycelium network, we are all connected by something that doesn’t obey time. What if we aren’t time traveling, rather we, in brief moments, experience life through one of our ancestors?

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Not bad

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The other thing is that these 'travelers' never find themselves sharing space with a bush or tree that was in that spot eons ago. Nice of the phenomena to not hurt anyone.

All hard to say. The UK had an air marshal who apparently flew into a time slip during the 1930s. Not sure why he would have lied about that, maybe he enjoyed telling tall tales. Or maybe something genuinely paranormal happened to him.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

yeah and they never emerge in the middle of a wall

I don't really know whats going on or what the mechanism is, there are enough stories about to make me wonder though.

You're talking about Sir Victor Goddard right? a cool story that one with a fair few things that need explaining.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Happened to me and two friends when we were kids in the 80’s. We were off on our bikes just up the road from my house to a nearby village. On the way we saw a side road on our right. It was rough but paved, grass growing in the middle and tall hedges either side. None of us could remember seeing it before. We continued down it until we came to a small village none of us had ever heard about. There were was a square of grass and tall oak trees surrounded by road. Old houses dotted about, but no one around. No cars, people, animals, nothing. Some doors were open but there were no sounds.

We cycled round the square of grass and trees and then scooted out of the place like we were being chased. A few weeks later we decided to go back. There was no road, no path, nothing at all. Puzzled us for years and there is no plausible explanation for it. We knew the whole area like the back of our hands.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   

HERES A THOUGHT ON TIMESLIPS,
and time dragging and days going by quickly..

it starts with the patents for the TR3-B triangle spaceship..

in its design it states that :
anything inside the machine, time is normal, but just outside,
BECAUSE OF ELECTROMAGMETIC FORCES
time goes by faster, or missing altogether

so,.....
what if,... since the earths em field is not stationary , and
weakens and strengthens, can this be why some days drag on forever,
but other days go by very fast..
you gotta read up on that patent, but from what i understood,
it should have that affect on us

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Maybe we only think we know how time works. Isn’t time a human concept?

What if it’s a bleed over of programming? Some say we live in a simulation, so what if it’s left over virtual memory for lack of better words.

There is a thought that we are tied to our fore fathers by more than DNA. Kind of like mushroom mycelium network, we are all connected by something that doesn’t obey time. What if we aren’t time traveling, rather we, in brief moments, experience life through one of our ancestors?

I, also, believe that we do not properly understand time.

I have a theory about time.

Time is marked by entropy. Entropy is often called the forward arrow of time. You can see the passage of time by the progress of entropy. If you run a video backward of a block of ice melting or a fire burning, you can tell that it is running backward because of entropy. Entropy is the movement of tidy systems to disorder, from an ordered state to a chaotic state, from an energetic state to a dead state.

I believe that the fall recorded in the book of Genesis was a real event. I also hypothesise that in the original, unfallen state of creation entropy did not exist. Colossians 1:17 says:

He (Christ) is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

This is why there was no entropy in the original pre-fall creation; the pre-incarnate Christ, the very power of creation (John1:1-3, Colossians 1:16-17) literally held all things together, held back the forces of entropy such that it did not exist in that realm. Once mankind turned his own dominion and lordship over the creation to darkness, death and lies, the pre-incarnate Christ relinquished his dominion for a season and entropy (decay, death) set in as an unfortunate yet necessary integral part of the fallen creation. (Romans 8:19-22)

The return of Christ to take back the reign will put an end to death, decay, and entropy.

Given this, the inexorable forward passage of time and the entropic disorder, decay and death that comes with it is not a natural part of creation. It is an aberration that must needs be fixed at some point as full redemption is brought to bear. (see Romans 8:18-25)

That, then, is where time comes from, at least in my cosmography.

So, no, we don't understand time because we do not acknowledge the nature of the universe, the spiritual aspect of it, or the result of wickedness (sin) on it.

How this would play into "time slips," or if they are actually a real phenomenon, I am not certain, but I can see them being some aberrational occurrence as creation itself strains and groans against the constraints erroneously imposed upon.

There, that's my metaphysical post for the day.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: confuzedcitizen

HERES A THOUGHT ON TIMESLIPS,
and time dragging and days going by quickly..

it starts with the patents for the TR3-B triangle spaceship..

in its design it states that :
anything inside the machine, time is normal, but just outside,
BECAUSE OF ELECTROMAGMETIC FORCES
time goes by faster, or missing altogether

so,.....
what if,... since the earths em field is not stationary , and
weakens and strengthens, can this be why some days drag on forever,
but other days go by very fast..
you gotta read up on that patent, but from what i understood,
it should have that affect on us

Yeah, that too...

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The one with the 2 couples in 1979 who stayed in the old fashioned hotel with no electricity and were shocked with how cheap everything was I find suspicious. How did they pay for the hotel room and breakfast? Their money would have surely looked futuristic to the hotel staff and they would have questioned them with what they were trying to pay with, no?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Hi Sprocket,

Yes, Sir Victor Goddard.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Hi Sprocket,

Yes, Sir Victor Goddard.

Cheers

Gotta say, a guy like that makes a pretty credible witness.

top topics

join