It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal judge tosses Kansas machine gun possession case on Second Amendment grounds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Justoneman
Nobody even knows if that quote is real. Seems to be from an old film, so maybe there was poetic licence involved.

Either way, there is still a gun hiding behind every blade of grass in the US.

What is it like to live in a nation when your neighboring nations are going to attack their people and it is possible it could spill over to your area, and would you prefer to be able to defend yourself as well as possible?

The NG steps in, with automatic weapons and more. If things escalate, then you bring in the military.

If it makes you feel safe that you can fend off a few guys wanting to pull off a home invasion, that is fine, but don't act like you actually need it to repel an attack from a foreign nation.

You do realize that the largest unofficial army in the world is the armed American right?

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Why would the rate of fire turn all kids into criminals suddenly? Not to mention, what you fear is already possible today, and it is not the wild west now with rifles. Most gang activity happens with pistols and altered shotguns because they are more mobile and easy to conceal.

At worst, you are referring to a bunch of suburban children of the professional and business class bringing their friends to whatever isolated property they hang at or parents forgot they owned and accidently get themselves killed, as they tend to do already when playing show and tell with ignorance at a high level.

I think most people do not even realize just how fast holding the trigger on a FA dumps the mag. 2-3 seconds and it is reload time. It usually tops out at two seconds on a thirty round AR I think. Didn't they learn all these lesson in the eighties and nineties? Too much collateral and little actual damage to the target due to them just being dumb kids usually with no actual firearms training. I know gangs arent usually top tier sources of intellect, but even the bad guys have people that think at the top.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp
Yes, and they used more than just machine guns to drive the foreign invaders out of their countries.

a reply to: Moon68
Yes, but they didn't invade the US even when the citizens didn't have free access to fully automatic weapons.

Like I said, I think the decision is a good one but Red Dawn is fiction. Plane full of cubans are just going to fly into US airspace to drop paratroopers to then take over colorado and nobody can stop them, except for a group of teens.

Let's be real, that plane would have been shot down before crossing the first state.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Yes, and they used more than just machine guns to drive the foreign invaders out of their countries.

They used...less.

And that's the point.

Do you have the same affinity for violating all people's rights or just some rights?

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Especially if Joe Citizen had a SAM like the government does

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp
They used...less.

And that's the point.

Right, I must have just imagined the mines, grenades, RPGs and SAMs.

Do you have the same affinity for violating all people's rights or just some rights?

Talk about a loaded question.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It's not a loaded questing as you are advocating infringing I rights already.

Now we are just trying to clarify scale.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The 2nd Amendment is specifically for us to overthrow the government if it becomes tyrannical.

Having enough guns to dissuade a foreign invasion is just a happy bonus.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think that would be a tad heavy for a EDC.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What About the Chinese Balloon ?

originally posted by: daskakik

Yes, but they didn't invade the US even when the citizens didn't have free access to fully automatic weapons.

Like I said, I think the decision is a good one but Red Dawn is fiction. Plane full of cubans are just going to fly into US airspace to drop paratroopers to then take over colorado and nobody can stop them, except for a group of teens.

Let's be real, that plane would have been shot down before crossing the first state.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I already said it was a good decision.

I'm just knocking the notion that you need them to stop an invasion when the NG and military are there and are better equipped.

Where did I advocate for infringing rights?

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
I see a lot of people calling to take back the republic. I also see a lot of people calling the immigration problem an invasion

I don't see anything being done about either.

edit on 24-8-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman023
What About the Chinese Balloon ?

Pretty sure the balloon wasn't carrying a battalion of enemy soldiers.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

We're trying to exhaust all peaceful means.

It's what civilized people do before resorting to violence.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
We're trying to exhaust all peaceful means.

It's what civilized people do before resorting to violence.

So you are not making use of the 2A.

I've said this before but here we go again, when citizens revolt they will source whatever type of weapons they can with or without a constitutional right to do so.

It isn't like the people in the original 13 colonies asked the king if he would allow them to have muskets, mortars and cannons.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Oh, you can best bet you life I feel safer with my protection being an extension of my own arm. When seconds count the Law Enforcement is minutes away is how life works.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

So what?

What point are you trying to make?

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
What point are you trying to make?

Revolutionaries are outlaws (although the laws they are fighting against are wrong), they don't need a constitutional right to buy whatever types of weapons they want.

They are not asking for permission from the government they are trying to bring down.

It shouldn't be that hard of a concept to understand.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
And my point was that the scenario you just described isn't you staving off an invading army.

Apples and oranges.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

We know, only criminals break laws....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join