It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for the Obama fans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I seriously considered putting this thread in the "Jokes, Puns, and Pranks" forum. Yes, it's a joke, but the bigger joke is the fact that anyone could be naive, gullible, or stupid enough to even believe these grifters, much less respect and admire them. "Hypocrisy" is too mild a descriptor for these con artists. At this point, they have to be trolling us!

The other night, Michelle gave a speech (to thunderous applause) at the Democratic convention. She spoke of her wonderful parents, who instilled their values and morals into her. Speaking about her mother, Michelle said:

"She and my father didn't aspire to be wealthy. In fact, they were suspicious of those who took more than they needed."

She went on to say:
"Kamala Harris and I built our lives on those same foundational values."

Barack is critical of greedy people too. Towards the end of his term, he said
"We’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.”

The Obama's net worth is a minimum of 70 million dollars. How do the Obama fans here on ATS justify the Obama's "rules for thee, not for me" philosophy? Seriously, I want the Obama devotees to explain this to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You were addressing Obama fans, which I"m not, but I"m going to comment ...

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
She spoke of her wonderful parents, who instilled their values and morals into her.

Michelle Obama 'values and morals' ... yeah okay .... she once said that Beyonce was a wonderful role model for her girls. Shaking the body half naked for millions of people to be entertained ... I don't see Beyonce as a wonderful role model for any girl.

Okay .. that's my comment ...

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

I really don't see your point. Basically, all politicians, ex-presidents and other higher ups, are wealthy far beyond their pay grades in doing government "business." It makes no difference whether they reside in Moscow or Washington. By its very nature, politics is a very good business to join into. The perks are wonderful! Make the right promises and connections and you skate on and on, from mansion to mansion, bank to bank, smiling and promising as you throw kisses to the unworthy.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Michelle is one of the most angry women in the public eye, surpassing even 'Whoopee' Goldberg, which is all the proof I need that money can't buy hppiness.

The Obama's have said a lot of things that should give people pause; un-Americn, divisive things that have fueled today's culture wars like other figures in history-Stalin, Hitler, et al. They do it with a smile and flowery words, catering to the dumbest part of society.
The fact that they're so wildly popular says a lot about the success of government run indoctrination camps, AKA public schooling. Now the libs want to make higher level brainwashing (AKA college) free.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   
A case of do as i say , not as i do , typical for the left.
edit on 22-8-2024 by Greazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

I really don't see your point.

i thought the OP was pretty clear. I'm asking a simple question. The question isn't about politicians in general. It's about the Obamas.

Let me reiterate:
The Obamas are worth at least $70 million.
They own luxury homes ( 4 of them ) worth $20 million. At one point during Michelle's speech, she inferred that we should be suspicious of wealthy people.
She was wearing a $3000 outfit while she made those comments.

I'm asking our resident Obama fans why they respect and admire the Obamas. I sincerely want to know, because IMO the Obamas are reprehensible people.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

They do it with a smile and flowery words, catering to the dumbest part of society. The fact that they're so wildly popular says a lot about the success of government run indoctrination camps, AKA public schooling.

You have summed it up perfectly.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
In Mr. O's defense, maybe 100,000,000 is enough, and he just isn't there yet?

there is actually no defending these people.

If they are speaking, they are lying. As they look down their noses at you.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
a reply to: CosmicFocus

I really don't see your point.

i thought the OP was pretty clear. I'm asking a simple question. The question isn't about politicians in general. It's about the Obamas.

Let me reiterate:
The Obamas are worth at least $70 million.
They own luxury homes ( 4 of them ) worth $20 million. At one point during Michelle's speech, she inferred that we should be suspicious of wealthy people.
She was wearing a $3000 outfit while she made those comments.

I'm asking our resident Obama fans why they respect and admire the Obamas. I sincerely want to know, because IMO the Obamas are reprehensible people.

I don't see how their acquired wealth makes the Obama less worthy or respect and admiration. That is, of course, unless you're suggesting that they somehow abandoned the very values that they promote to gain that wealth. But Personally, I don't see their wealth as being evidence of that.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I don't see how their acquired wealth makes the Obama less worthy or respect and admiration.

Only because they stood there and cast aspersions on other
people who have wealth.

Cake for me, crumbs for thee!

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think they just know their voters are looney tunes and will buy whatever is sold to them.

Almost if not everything they demonize is the stuff they do.

She and my father didn't aspire to be wealthy. In fact, they were suspicious of those who took more than they needed."

They took more? Very communist mind set. These people think others just "took" what they have rather than earning it because that's what they do.

👶

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I don't see how their acquired wealth makes the Obama less worthy or respect and admiration

i didn't say that their wealth made them less worthy of respect.
I said that their utter dishonesty and hypocrisy does. Do you not see it? What are you missing here?
They are among the wealthiest 1% of people on the planet, and they give morality lectures on the evils of greed.
That's why I said it's a joke. IT IS LITERALLY A JOKE. They must be trolling.

That is, of course, unless you're suggesting that they somehow abandoned the very values that they promote to gain that wealth.

What values? Money and celebrity? They have no ethics or morals, imo. Prove me wrong. Show me some examples of what wonderful human beings they are.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I said that their utter dishonesty and hypocrisy does. Do you not see it? What are you missing here?
They are among the wealthiest 1% of people on the planet, and they give morality lectures on the evils of greed.

Again, it seems to me that you're saying that their wealth is evidence of their own greed and moral failure; that somehow their acquired wealth represents dishonesty and hypocrisy.

What values? Money and celebrity? They have no ethics or morals, imo. Prove me wrong. Show me some examples of what wonderful human beings they are.

I don't recall either of the Obama's lecturing anyone on the evils of greed. I do see them criticizing those who oppose the liberty and freedom they inspire in their followers. I haven't seen any examples of the Obama's blatant hypocrisy, nor a failure in ethics or morals.

If their decades of public service and the inspiration they've provided their base isn't evidence of their empathy, then I don't know what to tell you.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I don't see how their acquired wealth makes the Obama less worthy or respect and admiration.

Depends on how they got it.
They've kept at least 70 million.
All while spending piles of it.
How'd they make that much money?
If it's on the up and up .. fine.
But most politicians acquire it through sleeze.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Again, it seems to me that you're saying that their wealth is evidence of their own greed and moral failure; that somehow their acquired wealth represents dishonesty and hypocrisy.

I don't recall either of the Obama's lecturing anyone on the evils of greed. I do see them criticizing those who oppose the liberty and freedom they inspire in their followers. I haven't seen any examples of the Obama's blatant hypocrisy, nor a failure in ethics or morals.

If their decades of public service and the inspiration they've provided their base isn't evidence of their empathy, then I don't know what to tell you.

rather than imagining what others are saying, why not just read the damn words? they aren't too hard to understand.

The problem isn't the the Obama's grifted their way to millions of dollars for being a public servant, the problem is that the Obamas are preaching to everyone else about how evil wealth is, while they are wildly wealthy. It's an ironic thing, and you have to be intelligent to see the irony, so I hope you rise to the occasion.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I don't recall either of the Obama's lecturing anyone on the evils of greed

Obama: Wall Street 'Arrogance and Greed' Won't Be Tolerated

I haven't seen any examples of the Obama's blatant hypocrisy

Obama's $400,000 Wall Street speaking fee will undermine everything he believes in

the liberty and freedom they inspire

Obama says the government must regulate speech

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Obama is a huge fraud. Con man plus.

Don't worry about the background in the image.
As Barry's spouse pointed out, it is just a piece of cloth ... right, Barry ?

Cheers
edit on 22-8-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You are making the critical conservative mistake of speaking to the left based on common sense and critical thinking.

That tree ain't got a coon in it; not even a dessicated carcass.

The liberal mind-virus atrophies the capacity for self-awareness and critical thinking. (It kills the ability to process humor, as well, but that would be for another thread.)

So, yeah, calling out these benighted souls; you'd just as soon be preaching to rocks or fence posts. These are the people who will gladly pay for the rope that will be used to hang them.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

You are making the critical conservative mistake of speaking to the left based on common sense and critical thinking.

That tree ain't got a coon in it; not even a dessicated carcass.

The liberal mind-virus atrophies the capacity for self-awareness and critical thinking. (It kills the ability to process humor, as well, but that would be for another thread.)

So, yeah, calling out these benighted souls; you'd just as soon be preaching to rocks or fence posts. These are the people who will gladly pay for the rope that will be used to hang them.

It's interesting how your message about others lacking self-awareness might actually reflect your own stance. It’s a bit like catching a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and realizing you've been wearing your hat backwards all along. Perhaps the qualities you attribute to others are something to ponder more personally?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

I know. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part. There's no amount of evidence I can offer the Obama worshippers to change their minds. Barack and Michelle are divine beings. There's no one else like them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join