It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Estimates of annual U.S. job growth cut by 818,000 to 2.1 million largest since 2009

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Job growth is not the only issue, seems like a lot of businesses around here are just offering part time jobs...so many people now have two part time jobs which makes growth also look better. Eliminating the full time jobs lowers some of those who had benefits from the jobs...plus they can get credit somehow for creating new jobs...so they created new jobs instead of less full time jobs. I still know people who own businesses, I used to know lots of them but since most sold their businesses or quit their businesses or died, I now only know about ten business owners well enough to discuss stuff like this these days. I used to know over thirty business owners pretty well when I had my business, I even belonged to the Marquette exchange club years ago.

I seem to connect with business owners well, most around here are not rich nor do they overcharge people for profit, their expenses are high and volume low, which makes things more expensive.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tolkien

Why would they admit they lied with a self audit?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 02:16 AM
link   
"Biden-Harris commerce secretary says she’s “not familiar” with Bureau of Labor jobs report"

Video showing Lie-mondo's response. x.com...

transcript:

ABC Reporter: "when you hear that, do you think that this new numbers could be a potential liability for this campaign?"

Gina Raimondo: "No when I here that, first of all I don't believe it, because I have never heard Donald Trump say anything truthful."

ABC Reporter: "This is though, from the Bureau of Labor."

Lie-Mondo: "I don't, I'm not familiar with that."

Hears something she doesn't like, assumes Trump said it. TDS in full effect here. Complete incompetence demonstrated.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: xuenchen

It’s also alleged Trump talked to Netanyahu to scuttle the cease fire. Anonymous sources, so block of salt and all that.

For posterity, this story looks like it’s false.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

nypost.com...

A PBS senior correspondent apologized Wednesday after falsely telling her audience that former President Donald Trump tried to talk Israel out of a cease-fire amid its ongoing war in Gaza.

Judy Woodruff passed off blame for the blunder by “clarifying” that she based the flimsy scoop on outside reporting she had read before broadcasting from the Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Chicago on Monday.

“The reporting is that former President Trump is on the phone with the prime minister of Israel, urging him not to cut a deal right now, because it’s believed that would help the Harris campaign,” Woodruff told a PBS roundtable.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Beat ya to it 😉

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Shows how fast and loose the media is going to be this election though.

The whole story got ran by all the big outlets, some headlines implicating a Logan Act investigation.

Once I saw anonymous sources I knew to tread carefully.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ryosuke

Gina Raimondo is another example of a bitter jealous Democrat that can only lie her way out of traps she set for herself. 😀

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

nypost.com...

A PBS senior correspondent apologized Wednesday after falsely telling her audience that former President Donald Trump tried to talk Israel out of a cease-fire amid its ongoing war in Gaza.

Judy Woodruff passed off blame for the blunder by “clarifying” that she based the flimsy scoop on outside reporting she had read before broadcasting from the Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Chicago on Monday.

“The reporting is that former President Trump is on the phone with the prime minister of Israel, urging him not to cut a deal right now, because it’s believed that would help the Harris campaign,” Woodruff told a PBS roundtable.

They're still using the very effective trick of lying first then saying it was a lie later after enough people believe it forever anyway. 😃

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Judy Woodruff.
Bob Woodward.

Both should retire.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
12 of the last 16 years of leadership in the country has been Democrats. They have lied, cheated and attacked anyone who tried to circumvent their agenda.

The job market sucks. Ask anyone out of work. They transitioned people away from blue collar to white collar work. Then COVID hit. A lot of jobs were lost and then not refilled. Now, you have people with no skills who cannot and/or will not want to work the jobs an illegal will take.

It has been manufactured and the only person who tried to fix it is the person they tell you to hate. His name has been heard at the DNC Convention more times then the sitting POTUS or their candidates combined.

These numbers have been cooked for decades.

I blame Congress.
edit on 8222024 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Between the jobs reports, the still extreme inflation, and Harris threatening to tax unrealized capital gains, we are heading towards a depression that will make the great one seem mild.

This year you would need to earn 17000 dollars more to be at parity with how you lived in 2020 for a family of four. That is actually insane.

We gotta figure out how to fix this before it all goes tits up. Cut military spending, raise the retirement age, and cap parental benefits would help a lot from the us government side, not that it will happen.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDuckEnergy

Actually taking the means of production and the means of distribution away from government Democrats would solve all of the Democrat created problems. 💥🤤

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Actually taking the means of production and the means of distribution away from government Democrats would solve all of the Democrat created problems. 💥🤤

Outside of artificial scarity of the food market due to farmer subsidies, what exactly did democrats do to control means of production?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   

They killed the manufacturing community and we are now dependent on imports for almost everything. There was an uptick when Amazon came around giving distro and driver jobs but it is not the same as 40 years ago. It should have evolved and it did not.

Link

1 in 3 people lives paycheck to paycheck. 33% of the workforce. That is insane. People have now depleted their savings. Car payments for mid-size cars are now the price of a mortgage 10 years ago.

Democrats and Unions suck for the little guy.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDuckEnergy

originally posted by: xuenchen

Outside of artificial scarity of the food market due to farmer subsidies, what exactly did democrats do to control means of production?

It's not simple, but here's some of the ways they cut off oil & gas, probably leading to slower gasoline production and thus higher prices. Sure The U.S. is "producing" plenty of oil and by products, but not enough to keep prices low for consumers. They slowed down the supply chain system too for distribution of everything (article on that coming later). 😊

This is complicated:

200 Ways President Biden and the Democrats Have Made it Harder to Produce Oil & Gas

top topics

<< 1   >>

join