It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living next to a Ferrari dealership…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I live north of Detroit, MI next to a Ferrari dealership. They also repair Tesla. Everyday when I pull out of where I live I see some cool Ferraris. Here are some photos I have taken this summer. Some were taken at the end of winter on page 3! You can see the snow!

Many days I have been late for work so no photos taken. Enjoy…

edit on 21-8-2024 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:41 PM
link   
More

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:46 PM
link   
More…

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

I’ll take the La Ferrari. That’s about a 5-7 million dollar car.
edit on 21-8-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Perfect! You will look amazing driving it.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions

Perfect! You will look amazing driving it.

Oh gosh I wish. I did buy a lotto ticket tonight👍

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:46 AM
link   

It may be the "Entry Level" Ferrari, but I think the Roma is the best looking Ferrari in decades.

Yeah, I'm old school.

I like cars was curves, more than angles.

Even though back in my transportation design days (Art Center, Pasadena) I drew quite a few "wedges".

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

I agree! Beautiful. You should design cars!

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Don’t worry. You can play this week and still win!

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions

I agree! Beautiful. You should design cars!

I almost did.

Then I got into designing spacecraft (unmanned), and ended up in taxes.

A long, strange road...

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You should write about your spacecraft, it would be amazing. You can now design unmanned cars.

I have 15,000 question about spacecraft. Do you think today’s manned spacecraft can reach and land on Mars? Can they return?

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I have written about my "dabbling" in the aerospace field in a number of threads on ATS over the years (decades!).

Basically, I worked with a group of dreamers who, back in the early 1980's first conceived of a proposal for a manned Orbital Transfer Vehicle (OTV) using xenon ion thrusters as it's propulsion. But, since we were not a government agency, nor an established defense contractor, we were unable to acquire the funding necessary to pursue the project.

We then turned to the development of an "experiment bus" intended to facilitate other R&D firms access to in orbit experimental environments via the Space Shuttle "Get-Away-Special" program. But the loss of the Challenger ended that program, and, for two or three years, also ended Any non-NASA or non-military, participation in the space program altogether.

We kicked around a few ideas for microgravity research systems, until, in early 1990, we decided that it was time to break the government/military hold on access to space.

We set about designing a rocket and launch system based on a high-powered "hobby" rocket that we believed could reach the Karman Line (approximately 62 miles in altitude) using a modification of a technique first employed by Dr. James Van Allen (who discovered Earth's radiation belts, now named after him) called a "rockoon".

My primary contribution was the design and construction of a launch tube system that would keep the solid fuel of the rocket above freezing while being lofted to its 140,000FT planned launch altitude. Temperature at that height can be as low as -50°F. And we had traumatic memories of what can happen when solid fuel engines are allowed to freeze.

What we didn't really appreciate at the time, was that the US government did not have a clue as to how to regulate private, commercial, space operations. Such a thing did not exist before then.

So, in addition to developing are nascent space system, some of our more administratively minded team members set to work with the FAA to develop regulatory guidelines for the "first mile" of future launch operations.

When Branson and Musk rolled up, their programs were benefitting from the groundwork we helped to establish.

Unfortunately, my health took a serious turn about this time, and I was forced to give up long treks into our high-desert launch site, miles from access to medical care, should it be required. And so I "retired" from the project.

An iteration of that team still exists, as a private company now.

PM me for their info.

ETA:

Sorry, got carried away for a bit and forgot to answer your question!

I think we are close to having the technology that would allow us to land on Mars. The recent findings regarding the Martian aquifer certainly provide ample motivation to pursue that mission.

But the simple fact is that, as a society, and even as a species, we have become too risk averse to attempt such a feat without much more reassuring experience.

Some ask why we haven't gone back to the Moon. And there are a plethora of solid, rational, reasons why it just hasn't been a priority.

But the real reason IMO, is because we have "grown" too afraid of trying to do something "big", like a moonshot, and failing.

Children dare what adults fear to contemplate.
edit on 21-8-2024 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Wow, thank you for sharing this! Your mind works in amazing ways. I am going to get some more photos of the cars today but they seem like nothing compared to space craft.

I will PM you later!

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Thanks, JJ. You already know my passion for Ferrari and that my heart beats like a V12, so thanks again for posting those pics.

F A N T A S T I C O !!

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I posted this for you. I have more photos. Resizing on my iPhone takes a while.

The cool part is the service, I see very old models parked and they are quickly whisked away. The new cars sold are shipped to port and a private carrier transports them up and delivers by truck. I hope you have a great day!

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Cheers, JJ!

No worries, take your time with adding more pics; otherwise I'm going to need oxygen!

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   
We drove down to Indiana on Sunday, down 69.

Saw a car that looked exactly like the red & black one in your picture! I didn't know what it was (other side of the highway).

They are pretty, but I preferred all the classics we saw. Actually saw a couple late 40's mercury's! Surprised so many were out, with the crappy weather.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Wow so cool about the 40's mercury's! That must have been a treat.

They had the Woodward Dream cruise here this weekend and it was crazy busy with old cars burning their tires!

Thank you for your post and it’s always good to see another person from Michigan.

It’s starting to get cold!

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   

In Dearborn, I live by Les Stanford Chev. Got like 100 Corvettes on his lot!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Wow! That is crazy cool! I was in Dearborn the other day. It’s been like 20 years. Your city looks really nice.

Southfield freeway was a mess going back! Lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join