It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1700 cattle missing. Abducted by aliens? Stolen by people? Rustled? Is that the word?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I thought this might be a little change of pace.

I was listening to old Dreamland with Art Bell as I usually do when I'm not watching Unsolved Mysteries hehehe and he had LMH on talking about 1700 head of cattle that disappeared from a ranch in Oklahoma and she said she interviewed the rancher's wife but that she is very old and talks very quietly so we couldn't hear very well if she played the interview SO we didn't get to hear from the people themselves.

I was curious about whatever happened to this story because LMH said that the rancher filed an insurance claim and basically the insinuation was that maybe aliens abducted the cattle.

So anyways I was curious and searched it on the web, would you look at what I found?

The 1,700 head of cattle reported missing one year ago from a Waurika ranch probably were not stolen by rustlers, Jefferson County Sheriff Don Allen said.

His office spent nearly a year of investigating, researching sale barns and trying to verify the reported disappearance of 850 cows and 850 calves from rancher A.D. Richardson's land near Waurika.

Investigation into the alleged theft, reported last Aug. 7, ended June 20, Allen said.

Despite its intensity, authorities did not get very far.

"I can't find these cattle. I can't find where they were loaded.

I can't find where they were sold," Allen said this week. "All I can determine is this amount of cattle wasn't stolen from this particular place. " Richardson could not be reached for comment. However, he said last year he thought rustlers stole his cattle over a 15-day period from an isolated part of his ranch.

www.oklahoman.com...

Now I am pretty sure alien abduction wasn't covered under Mr. Richardson's insurance policy hehehehehe so obviously he well even though he said there were tire tracks that "blew away" before the sheriff could investigate them, its more fun to think he made up that story about the tire tracks and thinking they were stolen by people so he would get the insurance payout because he knew if he said "I think aliens abducted them" he wouldn't probably collect? I dont know.

Also what do we think about LMH credibility? Art thought she was credible enough to give her his supposed Roswell debris for testing so she must have SOME credibility and I really like hearing her talk and interview witnesses but like the whole thing about the tape being too quiet of the wife's interview to hear and the fact that this news article says the guy saw tire tracks supposedly, then again they said the chute was too narrow to load many cows at once in the article so it would have taken many trips because you could only load 50 cattle at a time? And also the grass in the chute wasn't trampled so the sheriff didn't think it had been used? I dont know I am obviously not a rancher.

1700 cattle? Abducted by aliens? Stolen by people? You decide.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I'm struggling a little bit with this story for several reasons.

First, about (35) cattle fit in a tractor trailer cattle hauler. Depending on size, it can be a little more or a little less, but this is a good average number.

That said, it would take (49) cattle trucks to haul 1700 head of cattle. That's not something which goes unnoticed, and it's not something which would just be a "few" tire tracks. It's an ARMY CONVOY of trucks!

Second, it would take a couple days to load that many cattle. Sure, it could be done faster, but it would take a very focused effort and a lot of people.

If "aliens" (illegal or extra-terrestrial) were going to come steal them, it would take a ship the size of the Titanic to do it.

Thirdly, if you're E.T., you're going to be interested in genetics. (850) Cow-Calf pairs are going to only give you (900-1000) genetic variants (maybe only 850), so it makes no sense. Instead, E.T. would take only the calves because they have the widest genetic variability, and leave the cows.

Somebody ain't tellin' the truth.

P.S. Oh, and grass around the chute...that's just silly. 1700 head of cattle would absolutely FLATTEN about 2 acres of grass, not just a tiny amount "around the chute".

---Cattle rancher here.

edit on 8/20/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

I'm going with the rancher sold 1,700 head of cattle to someone and later falsified a claim.

Not that he was interviewed...

Just the shy quiet hard of hearing wife.

ETA... read your thoughts on it FCD... not a rancher here but happy to hear about the logistics.

That didn't make sense to me at all.

edit on 100000008America/Chicago8pmTue, 20 Aug 2024 23:02:47 -050002 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hope to see more responses to this post.. this is the ATS I used to know!

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That amount of cattle could be driven to another area where they could have been loaded on trailers, but there would have been a trail that could have been followed if it had been done within a week ahead of them being discovered. Some guys on horseback could have herded them to a pickup point. But that being a farming area, some farmer would have noticed that and wondered what farmer was selling their herd.

Maybe since the farmers wife was old, he probably was too. He may have sold off his cattle a year before, maybe both of them are coming down with dementia and forgot. I am sure they did confirm the guy had cattle if they did an investigation though, farmers notice cattle their neighbors have. I guess they said they only noticed about thirty or so of them in that area, and that many might have been hauled away, maybe it was supposed to be a hundred seventy instead of seventeen hundred. I personally don't think there were that many cattle there.

If the people were old, maybe they also were not going out and checking on their herd, maybe they were stolen a week before. I cannot say there was some scamming going on by the farmer without some kind of evidence, and evidence collected did show there was supposed to be some cattle there, so what happened to them?
edit on 20-8-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If the aliens have developed a taste for steak, they could just separate them as they transported them onto the ship. Steaks to cold storage and the rest to food replicaors that would work with any organic matter.

Has the there been any missing fields of potatos?

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

(850) cow-calf pairs is about 1,600,000 lbs of cattle. At a totally terrible market price this would be about $2,000,000 worth of stock (at a good market price it would be a lot more). So, this wouldn't be a..."Oh, golly, 1,700 of our cattle just disappeared."...type scenario! Instead, it would be a multi-agency local, county, state and federal investigation with a pretty high priority (just so long as Trump's name wasn't associated with it...if so, it would have been dropped like a hot rock, but I digress).

1,700 head of cattle is not a small herd. Given it was cow-calf pairs, this wold suggest the herd was much larger, probably 2x-3x larger. (Steers and bulls would have been pastured separately). And, we know this wasn't a dairy operation because that's not how you raise dairy cattle (i.e. out to pasture like that), so it was obviously a beef cattle operation.

Now let's look at another statistic. A cow-calf pair, left on pasture with no supplementary feed need about 10 acres per each. (on average grass, not super, not scrub either). (850) cow-calf pairs would need 8,500 acres. That's just over (13) SECTIONS of land, so NOT a small ranch. Given it was a beef operation, we can easily assume the actual land was 2x-3x as big as this (or roughly 26,000 acres). This is a notable ranch size, probably homesteaded and several hundred years old. Not many ranches of this contiguous size exist in the US, and most of them are well known. So, what does all this mean?

It means, something like this would not happen without being a really big deal (probably major network news level of 'big')

Bottom line...this elderly lady is either playing games, or she has succumbed to dementia and is talking smack.

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

As a general rule, you don't eat "cows".

Beef in most markets is "steers". At least ours is.

I can't make any promises about what McDonald's does! (That could be part goat, part iguana with a little bit of dump chicken (seagull) thrown in.

edit on 8/20/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The people we get our half head of beef from only have like thirty cows/steer and they sell every years and have a couple of hundred acres for pasture and buy hay off of another eighty acres their neighbor has. They actually have to fertilize the grasses with organic fertilizer, like twenty grand worth of it every three to four years to get the amount of hay they need since it is certified grass fed organic.

That is for thirty cattle to sell..but they also have the calves and mothers that have the calves, so maybe fifty plus total they feed. I don't think they had seventeen hundred cattle myself, but it did not state how much land that farmer had anywhere in what I read. That is a lot of cattle to go missing, some neighbors would have seen the trucks going by hauling cattle, I am sure if someone sold a lot of cattle around you with truckloads of them going down the road, it would be a topic of discussion between people in your area.

You would need a real lot of grazing area to feed seventeen hundred cattle.

edit on 21-8-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Are there any deep underground military bases in the region? The government stole a heap of beef of the Amish recently, saying it was some health regulation but came across more like they wanted the good meat but did not have the funds for it.
edit on 21-8-2024 by kwaka because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I know! Well I didn't know all that info about cattle you informed me of but something doesn't add up to me either i dont know if it was some type of insurance scam by the Richardson's though I don't know where they would put all these cattle, the sheriff said they looked into it and couldn't find anything anywhere regarding these cattle being sold. Thats why i suppose it turned into maybe alien abduction?

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Ooh thats a good idea. I've always felt like "alien abductions" were really just the government or military doing some bs

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It didn't make sense to me either! I feel like insurance scam possibly but they did get paid out from their insurance according to Linda.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   

your "down-to-earth" assessment of the mechanics of moving a large number of cattle is spot on. Your assessment of the ETs need, desires or uses for the animals is off-base. We know nothing of that angle. What we do know is that such events have happened hundreds of times over the years with the same lack of evidence ...and, in some cases, good evidence of exactly space rustling. But many minds cannot absorb such wild possibilities, as their minds still maintain that humans are the alpha animal in the universe. Taken as a whole across the UFO/ET phenomena, there should be little doubt of our predicament. Like it or not, we are "the prawn of the Universe."

For decades now, people and governments have tried without success to rationalize and explain away the evidence of the arrival of other life forms upon our world. Yet increasingly, the blunt knowledge is that we have been kidding ourselves. It is time to get real and accept our fate. Humanity will be the better for it once it comes to terms with that simple fact.

edit on 21-8-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

As a general rule, you don't eat "cows".

Beef in most markets is "steers". At least ours is.

I can't make any promises about what McDonald's does! (That could be part goat, part iguana with a little bit of dump chicken (seagull) thrown in.

But would aliens know they were getting the wrong ones? They might consider them more tasty.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The very first question should be "did he have 1700 cattle in the first place"? What if he only had 170 cattle or 17. If what FCD says his grazing land would have been devastated with that amount of beasts as grass doesn't recover that quickly.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

aliens like ribeyes. I can't blame them. I do as well. Don't hate.

top topics

join