It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric Paintings Found in the Amazon Depict Supernatural Figures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Prehistoric Paintings Found in the Amazon Depict Supernatural Figures

So, now we have this super amazing enigma.
Im sure a lot of you have heard of this extensive wall art recently found in the Amazon.

Some of the art appears to show animal-human hybrids. While it’s uncertain exactly what meaning the artists were trying to express, “They certainly do offer greater nuance to our understanding of the power of myths in indigenous communities,” said Jose Iriarte, a professor at Exeter who worked on the study, in a statement. “They are particularly revealing when it comes to more cosmological aspects of Amazonian life, such as what is considered taboo, where power resides, and how negotiations with the supernatural were conducted.”

Here we have a tiny snippet of this amazing find

Due to the civil unrest in Colombia, were this images are from, we were not able to see these wonders until recently.

Supernatural figures
I CANT UPLOAD THEM, BUT HERE THEY ARE

I'd imagine they would be on some hallucinogenics or something. Being in the Amazon and all that they would surely partake in some crazy rituals.
Anyhow here's a LINK TO THE ARTICLE

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

Pretty cool.

The article states that they haven't been accurately dated yet, but could be as much as 10,500 to 12,500 years old.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   

f looks like a Clanger

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The patterns are typical for prehistoric paintings and also very prominent in the first stages of visual hallucinogenic experiences...

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This image was one of the 'supernatural figures'. I swear i saw this image in a children's book when I was a young lad. We're talking over 50 years ago. I recognized it immediately.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

I already said a clanger. a bit thinner perhaps but its definitely the right sort of shape.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   
When i first saw this I thought it looks like maybe an ancient school for cave painters!
Seriously-it could have been where everyone went to practice,and maybe learn techniques from the elders.
They may have learned rope and climbing skills too looking at the height of the rock-life saving stuff in those times.

Some of the art looks more competent or practiced than others-and some look like they were drawn by kids..
Maybe whole tribes would visit,and everyone would get a try at wall art.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Looks like a parasaurolophus on his hind legs, looking upwards doing his trumpet roar...

Those are not ears they are the open mouth...

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

Places to trip and share the visuals...

Sharing something not of this world is hard even with modern language, a picture says more than a thousand words, It's the only reason we started to make art...
edit on 20-8-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I already said a clanger. a bit thinner perhaps but its definitely the right sort of shape.

The book I'm remembering had weirder stuff...like the creatures in The Beatles "Yellow Submarine" film.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I've always been a big fan of ancient art-the older the better!

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
This image was one of the 'supernatural figures'.

Wolf Dancing ?

'supernatural figures' why supernatural and not created by imagination instead

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

The patterns are typical for prehistoric paintings and also very prominent in the first stages of visual hallucinogenic experiences...

Spot on.
Especially the wavey lines and square shaped long lines. Typical of mild hallucination.

Could well be a meeting spot for rituals and/or the consumption of hallucinogenics.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
This image was one of the 'supernatural figures'. I swear i saw this image in a children's book when I was a young lad. We're talking over 50 years ago. I recognized it immediately.

Interesting that on both its feet we see only two claws/toes.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

I would imagine they had a couple of long tree branches they could lean against the wall and climb up it and paint.

I like the idea of a meeting spot for tribes. As far as i can recall, this wall is 10/12km long. So i remember reading when it was first announced about a year ago, maybe two.

Maybe different tribes painted their faces different ways. The beginning of war paint?

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I really see no other reason for us to start painting on walls if it wasnt to convey an experience we can't point at or imitate.

Psychoactive substance might have played a major role in our development, the proof lies in all the endobiotic systems that are garnered towards certain hallucinogenic substances...

We are meant to trip...

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I've always been a big fan of ancient art-the older the better!

ahhh...C and F...so the Ancients watched Spongebob Squarepants and Bojack Horseman...extraordinary!

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: StudioNada

That line is rather blurry don't you think? I'd say semantics...

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is a prop from Ice Age 2..

But seriously, it is always cool to find these types of things. Always wondered what they are hiding the deserts in the US also.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
as I recall mesoAmerican art frequently features chimeras

jaguar-men for example

in art and their warrior costumes

thanks for post OP. very interesting stuff

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join