It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rawdogging a Flight .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
No it's nothing sexual you animals ....

It’s official I was born into the Dumbest Generation of people on Earth .

“ Raw Dogging “ Rawdogging a flight is a travel trend that became popular earlier this summer where passengers forgo in-flight entertainment, music, snacks, and sleep, enduring long flights with no distractions.

Meaning literally they stare at nothing and do nothing for however many hours the flight is.

It dawned on me in .000000001 seconds that Rawdogging is meditation for Retards . Christ these people are stupid .

Just close your eyes and do some breathing exercises for the duration of the flight and meditate on a singular point . If you can do that for 6 hours straight you will probably end up having a Spiritual experience. But now these retards are staring at the back of a seat for 6 hours with their eyes open , Just going blank .

What a waste ????? You are like two steps from a deep meditation you #ing idiots.

God take me now I’m done I’m done with this generation . I’m done with these people .

With all my love yours truly asabuv .

edit on 19-8-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Because self-control and discipline are in short supply in younger generations. This looks like real self-control and discipline to them, ergo it is fascinating and noteworthy to the ADHD-riddled masses

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

S/F agree! Coo coo people doing this. I flew Detroit to Sydney last year and I went coo coo with phone, movies, water, food and the person next to me talked off my ear!

I am done too with this generation!
edit on 19-8-2024 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I always just read a book and fall asleep.

But I don't expect to fly ever again. I don't mind spending a few days on the road.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

While strange to me… I almost don’t want to be too hard on them. Seems like they’re trying to make a cognitive effort to get out of their comfort zone.

It shows at least self awareness that they’re so dependent on stimulus, that they have to make a conscious effort to break the cycle.

I don’t think their generation is the only one plagued by needing constant engagement, but they were probably the only ones raised that way, knowing nothing else.

Also, I do find it odd that we blame young generations instead of the ones who raised them. Who’s really at fault?

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Because self-control and discipline are in short supply in younger generations. This looks like real self-control and discipline to them, ergo it is fascinating and noteworthy to the ADHD-riddled masses

That's the crazy part .... It is impressive to have such discipline but it is so misplaced .

It's like driving in the wrong direction for 5 hours and knowing full well you are going in the wrong damn direction . If they would close their eyes and breath and allow their body to relax then boom they are meditating .

Keeping your eyes fixed open like that does nothing but stress the optical nerves .

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

While strange to me… I almost don’t want to be too hard on them. Seems like they’re trying to make a cognitive effort to get out of their comfort zone.

It shows at least self awareness that they’re so dependent on stimulus, that they have to make a conscious effort to break the cycle.

I don’t think their generation is the only one plagued by needing constant engagement, but they were probably the only ones raised that way, knowing nothing else.

Also, I do find it odd that we blame young generations instead of the ones who raised them. Who’s really at fault?

Again yes it is an impressive amount of Discipline . But so very misplaced.

to your other point ....

It is wrong to blame them for their inherent need to be lead around like sheep in a field . They see everyone else doing it . People they respect and look up to just fall in line like good little sheep .

We are a social species after all , We need each other to survive and grow . This Generation just needs the proper direction .

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah, but this is a generation that grew up with Tweets and Youtube.

You and I read novels. They can't make it past a news headline.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Flying coach, you might as well be on a Greyhound bus with the screaming kids, flatuant fat guys, sick people hacking, coughing, sneezing, and drunks sitting next to you talking nonsense and/ or pukeing in a sack.
I wish more people would stare at the back of their seats and STFU!!!

If not in a hurry, I take the train. I don't know why but people on trains are polite and friendly.
edit on 19-8-2024 by lilzazz because: i wanted to

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I guess I don't understand this.

So what, you are supposed to be applauded for doing nothing? (sounds about right nowdays)

Why aren't you bringing a book? Why aren't you doing anything? Go to sleep.

Seems Dumb to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Why are you triggerd by other people not doing what you think they ought to do on a flight? That's a whole lot of anger directed at people who are actually minding their own business.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler2
Why are you triggerd by other people not doing what you think they ought to do on a flight? That's a whole lot of anger directed at people who are actually minding their own business.

I am triggered by this yes .

But not for the reasons you think . Like 'Chiefsmom' said above , why should they be applauded for doing nothing ?

Being able to sit still for 6 hours straight and not need mind numbing entertainment like movies or Social media isn't something that should be applauded . That's standard adult behavior that anyone should have .

What infuriates me is the Stupidity with which they waste the time . There are so many internal exercises a person can do , So many Esoteric Journeys a person can take in six hours of sitting still .

But just staring at the back of a seat for six hours is Dumb and further more it's even Dumber to do it because you saw someone else do it . In the military we would stand in formation sometimes for hours just staring into dead space , they made us do it to test our resolve .

Beyond that it had no point . These people are wasting their time , when they could spend it meditating .

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler2

It's the fact they expect praise and adulation from the internet for doing nothing. If you left for work one morning and your child is sitting in a chair and when you get home they're still there and you ask what they did all day and they say "Nothing. Just sat here and starred at the wall for 8 hours, aren't you proud of me ? "

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

But not for the reasons you think . Like 'Chiefsmom' said above , why should they be applauded for doing nothing ?

Being able to sit still for 6 hours straight and not need mind numbing entertainment like movies or Social media isn't something that should be applauded . That's standard adult behavior that anyone should have .

That is perhaps the silliest thing I have read on ATS in forever. You are upset that someone may not need "MIND NUMBING ENTERTAINMENT" Please tell me you are kidding. Please tell me it was a joke that I didn't get. Please tell me you were just being sarcastic. The fact is you have NO IDEA what these people are thinking. And it is none of your business. If you are actually serious about this, my suggestion is that the one thing you ought to do is go pound sand.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler2

That is perhaps the silliest thing I have read on ATS in forever. You are upset that someone may not need "MIND NUMBING ENTERTAINMENT" Please tell me you are kidding. Please tell me it was a joke that I didn't get. Please tell me you were just being sarcastic. The fact is you have NO IDEA what these people are thinking. And it is none of your business. If you are actually serious about this, my suggestion is that the one thing you ought to do is go pound sand.

Perhaps your reading comprehension isn't the best

I said they shouldn't be applauded for NOT needing mind numbing entertainment . That is standard adult behavior .

" oh look mommy I sat still for a whole hour and didn't need a Media influencer to tell me what to do"
, Even though it was a Social media Influencer who told me to do it in the first place .

You seem triggered yourself , let me guess you are an avid fan of " Rawdogging " .

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   

“ Raw Dogging “ Rawdogging a flight is a travel trend that became popular earlier this summer where passengers forgo in-flight entertainment, music, snacks, and sleep, enduring long flights with no distractions.

Meaning literally they stare at nothing and do nothing for however many hours the flight is.

Does one have to be on a plane to "rawdog"? lol Never heard of it until just now, but hey, I'm in!!

I could rawdog for hours on end, but of course I love to think a lot and I love peace and quiet as I do so.

I would much rather rawdog than leave my house to go anywhere - it's getting crazier out there!
edit on 19-8-2024 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Maybe they're the pilots ?

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Can't see the point of it, at all.
But hey, no skin off my nose.....just means more vodka for me!
(Obviously, I've never been one for abstinence, even on planes.)

As others have said, I far more enjoy train journeys these days.
A lot more relaxing; just sit, look out the window and watch the world go by.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Or alternatively try something novel, read a book.

🤷🏽‍♂️ a reply to: asabuvsobelow

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As a misanthrope I disagree 😂

new topics

top topics

join