It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July and August Suck

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I work outside all day in Florida sun. I know all about what folks call hot weather. I live it on the daily, and I would not trade it to be stuck back inside all day. I love being outside regardless how hot it is and even if the heat causes me to vomit from overheating. I am much happier than when I worked in a beverage cooler stocking overpriced sugar/syrup water for zombies and cattle.

I love the outside so much, even after spending work outside all day, I still come home and spend time outside playing with the kids or doing lawn work. Now that I am outside for a living, I just cannot get enough of outside exposure. I feel great. I never get sick anymore, I am always full of energy, I get a normal sleep cycle now.

All I can say is for me personally, working outdoors this past year has changed my life for the better, and I do not know if I can ever go back indoors for work. I would miss my sun exposure too much.

a reply to: lilzazz
I actually have not done so in about a year, but I used to regularly stare at the sun. People been telling me since second grade (about thirty years ago) it would ruin my vision and make me blind. Well I am about to be 39, am the only single member of my direct and extended family that does not require a prescription for glasses, verified by multiple optomotrists. While I can say it most certainly looks white when staring at it, it actually does not look like a ball of fire. It actually looks like a white drain hole that all the light is just flowing down into. I only observed that recently because when I was a kid I never noticed it that way.

Also in regard to climate change, yes the climate is changing, but that is a direct result of the gradual magnetic pole shift that has been occurring since early 2010's. Many airport runways had to be re aligned in those years, and local new here ran an article at the time referencing that very reason for doing so. So if the magnetic pole has changed, it means the physical latitudes where certain weather was commonplace may have seen a shift in the timing of their seasons. This became apparent to me in the last few years in Florida as the cooler weather now lasts into April even some seasons, and does not often show up at the middle of October as it used to, but closer to beginning of November. So it really is not that world changing, basically a good chunk of Earth had some seasons move one direction or another by weeks - months compared to prior.

Anyone old enough (at least thirty years) with a decent memory can very likely make the same observations by simply comparing your memory to today.

the difference in rain is more apparent to me though. When I was a child Florida used to have morning and early afternoon showers regularly during the season. They always seem to pop up late afternoon/evening now like clockwork as opposed to the cycles from previous. I actually blame this more on weather manipulation and the very discreet water wars that local and regional governments often have quietly in committee hearings/meetings and such. I suspect that there was some kind of deals reached across the regions of USA where the rains are actually guided into certain regions during certain time slots outside of the regular season. Obviously that would mess up the natural order of things and could easily explain the now mixed up rain cycles Florida has as opposed to thirty years ago when I was a child. I know because I used to get scared looking out the window in middle school when the sky looked damn near green sometimes right before it dumped a massive load of rain.

I rarely experience morning showers anymore outside of lingering weather systems.
edit on 8-19-2024 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I am 20 years older and hated being inside in good weather at work but things have definitely changed especially with the sun and the amount of rain and dull days we have now .

All this seemed to coincide with the roll out of mobile/cell phones IMHO the magnetosphere went haywire when all that started in the late 80s and 90s .

I remember in the 70s we were lucky to get rain in our 6 week summer holidays and gardeners were in joy at a thunderstorm which was rare back then , nowadays we get 4 seasons in a day and there is rarely 2 days of sun on the trot and the last 3 years plus have been under a cloudy grey sky with a weird white hot sun that I detest being outside in

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
It's too damn hot. The air is hot. The sun is hot. Everything is hot.

It's too humid and you are sweaty and gross all the time. That's the worst part.

The air is too heavy and hard to breath from the humidity.

You take a shower to wash off the gross sweat and within an hour of the shower you are gross again from the humidity and heat.

Where I live, it was in the triple digits here (above 110F daily) through May and June, but it was dry.

The rains started in July. Temps have to the 90s, sometimes to the upper 80s, but now - with the rains - it's humid.

I'd rather 110F dry over 90 with over 60% humidity.

:
edit on 2024 8 19 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

August has been pretty nice. July too was not bad. Heatwise, the hottest weather of the Summer here was in June. Last year, the hottest weather of the Summer was in September. We've had enough rain now and we're off the drought watch( go to US drought monitor). May was very dry but then June helped and July and now August were off and on.
I can't complain about mid to upper 70s for this week.
For escapist TV watch the DNC convention in Chicago. Whatever world they live in is less bleak and stressful than our world.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I haven't seen one firefly all summer either for some reason. We did have a dry time a few years back where they disappeared around our house in the summer, but they came back slowly after that and last summer there were quite a few of them. Now zilch again. I like fireflies, don't rub the glow on my shirt anymore. When I did that when I was a kid, I was a pretty bright kid who disrespected bugs.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Have you seen carnivale? I’m watching my way through season one atm.

If your bored and listless give it a burl, there’s a midget and siamese 👯‍♀️ Siamese twins 🙂

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Build up for a Micro nova?

A burning ring of fire 👍

a reply to: visitedbythem

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Build up for a Micro nova?

A burning ring of fire 👍

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Where I am - in Missouri - it has been quite a cool summer. Wet, but cooler than normal. Been a very pleasant summer here.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Oh ... and I forgot .... TICKS AND FLEAS.

Summer is ticks and fleas.

Gotta' keep checking the dog.

SUMMER SUCKS.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 05:46 AM
link   

In New Zealand, we are having storms caused by an Antarctic vortex at the moment.

It's been way colder than usual over the last two weeks.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This year has been pretty mild here in Nebraska.

Just a few years ago in a heat wave my wife had to wrap our cats in wet blankets and help me to the car to drive down to a local lake to cool off. We were all suffering heat exhaustion or heat stroke or something. No AC and our windows were unable to open.

God bless her. She got us down to the shore front and got us some ice cream. She probably saved three lives that day.

This year isn't the worst. This past winter, on the other hand, was gnarly, but still... Not the worst.

Suck it up, buttercup. And be good with your family and neighbors. That's just common sense.

BTW, this is the first month in years that I've had AC in my car, so I'm spoiled right now. But I find myself getting too cold if it's under 85 degrees outside, so I usually have it off before sunset.
edit on 20-8-2024 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Is that Mt Diablo as seen from Stockton?

A beautiful hill. I miss seeing it when I lived in San Ramon.

Hot dry weather. Rarely a cloud seen all July and August, unless it’s freak weather.

Often +100 F in late summer when the dry land based winds from North hit. The Santa Ana winds they call them.
edit on 20-8-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Super hot out west too.
Not the humidity but we’ve had some 120 degree days. It started early too.
What’s worrisome here, is that established, older vegetation is dying.
Doesn’t matter the amount of water you put on it. The roots are dying in the soil.

These are 30, 40, 50 year old trees and shrubs that have survived all these decades.
They just can’t recover overnight. Doesn’t get cool enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join