It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July and August Suck

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's too damn hot. The air is hot. The sun is hot. Everything is hot.

It's too humid and you are sweaty and gross all the time. That's the worst part.

The air is too heavy and hard to breath from the humidity.

You take a shower to wash off the gross sweat and within an hour of the shower you are gross again from the humidity and heat.

It's too hot and humid to go for exercise walks. You end up so gross from the temperature and the humid air that the walk just puts you in a foul mood and it's not enjoyable at all. A total chore.

The weeds take over the gardens and the sidewalk, and it's too hot and sweaty to go out and do the weeding. (and my back hurts too much to do it anyways). But it's ugly and there is nothing you can do about it.

The lawns don't get enough rain so they turn dark and brittle and ugly. Watering them costs money but you have to do it. So that sucks.

It's dangerous out. The useless and painful WASPS are all out in force and you have to be careful or you get stung. useless ugly creatures. Don't know why God even bothered to make them.

The critters are lethargic and so are the humans. Too hot and humid to do anything.

No pretty blue skies. It's all hazy with summer heat.

No stars at night. The night sky is hazy with summer heat.

The dog hates walks but hates them even more in the summer. Even short walks end up with him going ten feet and stopping, then ten feet and stopping, then ten feet and stopping. And often ends up with him throwing up when he gets back. He hates it. and we hate walking him in the summer but he has to do his business so we are stuck with it.

You are stuck inside in the air conditioning (thank God we can still afford air conditioning at this point) and there is nothing good on TV. Not that there is anything good on the rest of the year, but it's even worse in the Summer.

Anyways ... July and August suck. When I was a kid I loved it. Now as an adult ... IT SUCKS! There. That's my rant.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I agree it has been such a rainy Summer .

and at night we are getting a cold breeze coming in I'm surprised there hasn't been more tornadoes where I live . The conditions are absolutely Perfect , Warm moist air mixing with cold air at night when the pressure is dropping .

I think we are going to have an actual winter this year .
edit on 19-8-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

It's too humid and you are sweaty and gross all the time. That's the worst part.

You take a shower to wash off the gross sweat and within an hour of the shower you are gross again from the humidity and heat.

It's too hot and humid to go for exercise walks. You end up so gross from the temperature and the humid air that the walk just puts you in a foul mood and it's not enjoyable at all. A total chore.

The weeds take over the gardens and the sidewalk, and it's too hot and sweaty to go out and do the weeding. (and my back hurts too much to do it anyways). But it's ugly and there is nothing you can do about it.

The lawns don't get enough rain so they turn dark and brittle and ugly. Watering them costs money but you have to do it. So that sucks.

It's dangerous out. The useless and painful WASPS are all out in force and you have to be careful or you get stung. useless ugly creatures. Don't know why God even bothered to make them.

The critters are lethargic and so are the humans. Too hot and humid to do anything.

The dog hates walks but hates them even more in the summer. Even short walks end up with him going ten feet and stopping, then ten feet and stopping, then ten feet and stopping. And often ends up with him throwing up when he gets back. He hates it. and we hate walking him in the summer but he has to do his business so we are stuck with it.

You are stuck inside in the air conditioning (thank God we can still afford air conditioning at this point) and there is nothing good on TV. Not that there is anything good on the rest of the year, but it's even worse in the Summer.

Anyways ... July and August suck. When I was a kid I loved it. Now as an adult ... IT SUCKS! There. That's my rant.

I have the same reaction. It's almost as if the climate has changed since we were kids.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I have the same reaction. It's almost as if the climate has changed since we were kids.

Just cannot help yourself can you Boomer ? Lets take a casual rant about the weather and inject Climate Change into it .

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ive recently moved back to my childhood home. Dad built this home in 1959, and we moved in sometime in 1960. Im in the big valley in California. It was hot last month, but not as hot as when I was a kid. I remember several 115 degree days, and even a 117 degree day in the 60s. Its not as hot. I was there.

There is something I want to address, since global warming has been brought up(under the cloak of climate change).

The sun appeared a different color back then. I have brought this up before, but people ignore the subject...that was , until a couple days ago, and I heard someone bring up that same subject.

The Sun appears a brilliant white color. It wasnt like that 60 years ago. It was yellow. I dont live in a polluted area, and never did. No smog here. Same as it was. The color of the Sun has changed, and I think its a hotter color. Im saying there has been a change in the Sun

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

it was never hot in the summer before. Call Algore.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

The color of the Sun has changed, and I think its a hotter color. Im saying there has been a change in the Sun

I have noticed that as well and if the sun is changing then the weather is changing because it's the sun that determines the weather.

www.space.com...

www.scientificamerican.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-8-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I would agree with you! I remember driving to work one afternoon some 15 years ago and had my car window open, I put my arm on the open window when stopped at traffic lights and boy did that sun feel searing..... not hot.... searing on my skin. I remember commenting about it to my partner at the time. He then noticed the same thing. It's been the same ever since.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Pftt..
It's August in MI.

Tonight & tomorrow night, we are to hit lows in the 40's.

So I would rather have the heat, thank you.
We get so little of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We feel blessed to live in the mile High Desert Rockies/Rio Grande Valley. Cool breezes wafting down from the mountains, occasionally 100df, enough humidity to make the air feel soft, Just enough snow for great powder, Spring winds can be a problem with the occasional sand storm but all things considered...mostly very comfortable, however the sun at this altitude can be brutal....PF50+ , wide brim hats, and a gaiter soaked in cool water when working outside recommended.

I still see plenty of young sunworshipping people outside...Melanoma waiting to happen! I was one of em and paid the price. My dermatologist said...
"We'll never see the cancer that kills you"....only one operation so far.

The Sun can kill you...
edit on 19-8-2024 by lilzazz because: i wanted to

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Coldest summer I can remember and I have been a HVAC tech for 44 years.
You are right, the climate is changing.
Or maybe it is just weather.

a reply to: Boomer1947

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Im in the big valley in California.

The Big Valley, you say? A favorite show from days gone by. The Barkley's were cool.
And I agree with FF. July and August suck.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

Im in the big valley in California.

The Big Valley, you say? A favorite show from days gone by. The Barkley's were cool.
And I agree with FF. July and August suck.

Yes I do remember.
The TV series was based loosely on the Hill Ranch, which was located at the western edge of Calaveras County, not far from Stockton. The Hill Ranch existed from 1855 until 1931 and included almost 30,000 acres, and the Mokelumne River ran through it.

I live west of the Hill ranch with over 1000 miles of rivers, levies, and sloughs all around me

The waterways act like a swamp cooler in the evenings and drop the temperature to nice levels. Todays high will be 88 and the low in the morning is 59.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
It's almost as if the climate has changed since we were kids.

Nah. When we were kids things didn't bother us.
We just played and ignored the crap.
NOW .. when older ... it all bothers us.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Thanks for the info! Politics aside, I love California. I still have some relatives there.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I'm so jealous of those water hyacinth! I used to put them in my pond every year but Idaho outlawed them a few years ago. Water ugly lettuce just doesn't have the same esthetic appeal.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's been pretty nice up here in Yooperland. Teal lake and some other smaller lakes did have swimmers itch in it, but Lake Superior was nice this summer.

Not complaining this summer at all, some people think it was too hot, but just because it got up to around ninety five for part of the day doesn't mean it is the end of the world, it was back in the seventies most nights.

There have been more bugs this year outside though, especially deer flies. But not as many as there have been in the past. Those really strong thunder showers knock the berries off the bushes, so we did not get too much blueberries this year.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There have been more bugs this year outside though, ...

There has been a severe LACK of FIREFLIES here.
The one fun thing about summer ... and they are missing.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I absolutely hate summer, except for that one week I'm at the beach. I work in a non-air conditioned shop. Clothes sticking to you an hour into your shift sucks.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I will take my Vegas 110-120° summers with 10% humidity over the 95° 80% humidity Florida summers any day! I appreciate going into the shade and feeling 15° cooler...something you dont get with humidity...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join