It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooter fires on JBSA-Lackland Air Force base, prompting exchange of gunfire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Security forces at the Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland (JBSA) returned fire early Saturday on at least one drive-by suspect who is accused of firing upon the main gate at the JBSA-Chapman Training Annex, a JBSA spokesperson tells Fox News Digital.

The officers were fired upon at around 4:30 a.m. by at least one suspect in a sedan and immediately returned fire. There were no injuries reported, and the gate was shut for a number of hours.

It is unclear how many shooters were involved and how many times they fired upon the base.

www.foxnews.com...
From NBC:

San Antonio Police Sgt. Washington Moscoso said security personnel stated they heard several shots fired at them at the entrance gate to a training annex around 2:15 a.m..

After the incident, more armed guards were added as a precaution.

Just before 5 a.m., a sedan stopped outside the same gate and shots were fired again at the security personnel, Moscoso said.

Security personnel fired back at the individual, who got in the car and fled. There was an additional person in the car, and neither individuals appear to be affiliated with the military, the source familiar said.

www.nbcnews.com...
Gee, could some disgruntled terrorists associated with the "Roberts Ridge" battle of Takur Ghar, who made it over our nonexistent border to dish out a little payback by hitting the Chapman Training Annex??www.nationalmuseum.af.mil...

Seems like a far stretch, but...

Weirder, MUCH weirder things have happened, so you tell me! The coverage of this is spotty considering it happened pretty early this morning.

To be fair, there could be a myriad reasons this happened. I just thought about why there specifically, and recalled John Chapman's incredible sacrifice at Roberts Ridge which didn't only cost our side death and grief.

With the amount of people that oozed into our country over the last ~4 years, anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Hard to tell.

When the adjoining base there (Kelly) was essentially decommissioned they brought a lot of displaced people from the Katrina incident there for "temporary" shelter.

Then the entire area turned into a cesspool of crime and badness... lots of businesses closed and if you drive through there now it resembles some areas of Chicago.

So it could just be a typical Friday night there now.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm finding unconfirmed reports that the shooters did a drive-by shooting near the base and tried to drive onto Lackland AFB to escape, and unsurprisingly ran into security personnel at the gate.

Not confirmed but it's probably more likely than my first assessment.🤷🏻
edit on 17-8-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Your input makes the drive-by escape scenario more plausible.

I did BMT there and didn't do the river walk or Alamo because of the area. Instead, I "hung out" with a couple of girls from my sister flight.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Updated news coverage:

The fact that they either came back or they were separate incidents is alarming either way.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole
a reply to: Lumenari

Your input makes the drive-by escape scenario more plausible.

I did BMT there and didn't do the river walk or Alamo because of the area. Instead, I "hung out" with a couple of girls from my sister flight.

I was there for a year in the early 80's for my tech school. It was pretty nice back then... we ladies could walk off base and hit the local restaurants without issues. Came back a few years ago to visit my daughter, so decided to try Military drive. It was horrifying.

new topics

top topics

join