It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.2 Quake Russian Coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There has been a 7.2 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Russia. Tsunami warnings issued. all seems to be going on round there at the moment.

Could this be something other than a natural earthquake?

news.sky.com... itude-earthquake-strikes-off-russian-coast-tsunami-warning-issued-13197584
edit on 17-8-2024 by Bilbous72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   
* THERE IS NO LONGER A TSUNAMI THREAT FROM THIS EARTHQUAKE.

www.tsunami.gov...

THE TSUNAMI FORECAST IS UNCHANGED IN THIS MESSAGE.

PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE PARAMETERS
---------------------------------

* MAGNITUDE 7.0
* ORIGIN TIME 1910 UTC AUG 17 2024
* COORDINATES 52.7 NORTH 160.1 EAST
* DEPTH 44 KM / 27 MILES
* LOCATION OFF THE EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA RUSSIA

EVALUATION
----------

* AN EARTHQUAKE WITH A PRELIMINARY MAGNITUDE OF 7.0 OCCURRED
OFF THE EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA, RUSSIA AT 1910 UTC ON
SATURDAY AUGUST 17 2024.

* BASED ON ALL AVAILABLE DATA... THE TSUNAMI THREAT FROM THIS
EARTHQUAKE HAS NOW PASSED.

TSUNAMI THREAT FORECAST...UPDATED
---------------------------------

* THERE IS NO LONGER A TSUNAMI THREAT FROM THIS EARTHQUAKE.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilbous72

The Kamchatka region seems prone to earthquakes so I'd say it's natural.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Or they’re testing underwater nukes in an area that is prone to earthquakes for plausible deniability.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lapidoth

The seismic signature would be different for a nuke. Its actually very difficult to hide the blast of the scale of nukes used these days.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Where’s the link to the EQ prediction from a couple days ago from the planetary calculations. I’m pretty sure he suggested it would be in that area.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We need member Degredation33 to weigh in on this.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Not disagreeing with you but I do like to play devils advocate

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   

2nd,

Besides it is the Sun's activity that triggers Earth weather and EQs.

The charged particles in the CME's and other factors from space born sources create these events and the Physicists I have been reading are on this topic. There are links to the papers in the Journals at the Ben Davidson "SuspiciousObserver" you tube site in each of the daily reports. His theory is that we have a periodic mini Nova's every 6000 years and the data is coming in from everywhere confirming the cycle is real. How bad will it be this time is all that remains to be seen. The periodicity of the event is evident in the natural cataclysms observed in the Geological formations.
edit on 18000000453120248America/Chicago08am8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilbous72

Not disagreeing with you but I do like to play devils advocate

Those DUMBs might be under attack, but the Solar cycle now is sparking things that some Scientist and other people now use to predict EQ's. The MSM is holding back the facts on this to push Man made global climate change.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Exactly, an explosion has a sudden start (obviously) while a natural earthquake has a noticeable, not instant, increase in activity.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Texastruth2

This one?

lets test the theory

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

This one?

lets test the theory

would give that theory a fail but it did predict a good sized EQ. The vagueness gets it in the ballpark.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I think the theory about the planets aligning is likely a myth, but Degradation33's input to the thread was worthy of a look.

Tidal forces shift monumental amounts of mass to different locations on a daily basis. Other factors can cause these tidal actions to be greater or lesser depending on the location of the Moon, it's orbit and other seasonal factors. Other planetary alignment (beyond the Moon) likely has negligible effect on these tidal actions, including solar, but they certainly don't diminish any of these actions either.

So yes, the theory in the OP of that post likely doesn't hold much water, but some of the other input is good about plate tectonics and other seismic activity is informative. These things are definitely at the root cause of earthquakes.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Maybe they are nuking fault lines going for type of California Island situation… I’ve seen the old Super Man movie

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

This one?

lets test the theory

That the one, thanks

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

The seismic signature would be different for a nuke. Its actually very difficult to hide the blast of the scale of nukes used these days.

Yeah that makes sense. I guess they’d also be able to tell because an actual earthquake would source from a much greater depth in the crust than just a nuke in the middle of the water.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Shiveluch volcano erupts in Russia after powerful magnitude-7.0 earthquake

www.cbsnews.com...
It's a fairly pissed off volcano too.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Also has something to do with the P and S waves...they look different on the graph if its an EQ.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Justoneman

I think the theory about the planets aligning is likely a myth, but Degradation33's input to the thread was worthy of a look.

Tidal forces shift monumental amounts of mass to different locations on a daily basis. Other factors can cause these tidal actions to be greater or lesser depending on the location of the Moon, it's orbit and other seasonal factors. Other planetary alignment (beyond the Moon) likely has negligible effect on these tidal actions, including solar, but they certainly don't diminish any of these actions either.

So yes, the theory in the OP of that post likely doesn't hold much water, but some of the other input is good about plate tectonics and other seismic activity is informative. These things are definitely at the root cause of earthquakes.

A follow up on this thought.

Years back in a thread I think I started we talked about the Magnetic Pole shift occurring now is also making the magma move to realign with true mag north. Phage was not into it at all, but we know magma has a magnetic field just like water does. Water and Magma affect of the mag pole shift has to be huge. It is affecting the weather and quakes could be reactions to the combination of the plates movement trends and the loose attraction to the magnetic poles.

edit on 19000000203120248America/Chicago08pm8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join