It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you see coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Over the years, I've come to respect the opinion of many here and some of them have been saying we're headed for a cliff. Not a Doomsday like Nibiru or 2012, but a financial/economic reckoning. Which honestly, is not unexpected.

Almost 34 trillion in debt, the interest payments alone are $800 billion and something has to give. Inflation, food prices, energy prices, etc, etc, etc.

Even if Trump wins, he doesn't have a magic wand and pixie dust to make it all go away.

I'd be interested in those folks giving their opinion of where we're headed and how fast.

My personal opinion ?

No matter who wins this election, we're headed for it.

Harris wins, we're going in nose first. She just said she'll try price fixing and most of us are old enough to remember the last time they tried that and 70s gas lines. Every CEO and business owner just said " Oh sh**"

Trump wins, it'll be a gradual but steep decline. It's like trying to hold up a house of mud in a downpour.

It's coming. It's just a matter of time.

Your thoughts ?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I can’t see any other way but collapse especially since all social security numbers have been compromised. Seems deliberate since we know we only have (had) until 2036 to figure something out about social security.
edit on 16-8-2024 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The government will probably do as in the past, collapse the economy, go bankrupt, and issue new money to start over. But we will not get what we had before the crash, usually they give about ten to twenty percent historically of what you had saved. Remember, they do not cover stocks, only FDIC or the credit union style savings insurance. Debt does not leave, but the companies that issued the debt go down, and the government covers that and does reduce what a person owes sometimes. But banks seize a lot of property and put it up for sale if that happens.

It has got a lot worse and I highly doubt that Trump can actually get things under control. The Republicans kind of thought it was best to let it crash back in 08, but the Democrats disagreed. It would have been much better to have had things collapse back then, now it will be much harder on our country.

I am not sure what rabbit they are going to pull out of their hat in the next four years, but I have a hunch things will fall apart in this country before the 2028 election occurs, no matter who wins they can't fix it anymore.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don’t see any other way.

People in the west used to have similar goals and worldviews with the primary differences being how they achieved them.

Now we have people whose goals and world views are polar opposite. A win for one is lose to another and lose to one is another win. Culturally it’s retarded and will be the end of us.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Interesting, so the push for Bitcoin and other cryptos along with the social security “leak” would be inline with what you’re saying. They have the solution in blockchain so now to create a use for it

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Over the years, I've come to respect the opinion of many here and some of them have been saying we're headed for a cliff. Not a Doomsday like Nibiru or 2012, but a financial/economic reckoning. Which honestly, is not unexpected.

Great topic. I'm there with you...

Almost 34 trillion in debt, the interest payments alone are $800 billion and something has to give. Inflation, food prices, energy prices, etc, etc, etc.

Even if Trump wins, he doesn't have a magic wand and pixie dust to make it all go away.

I think Trump will win for several reasons, but you're right -- he won't have any magic bullets to instantly fix the mess we're currently in. His ability to open up the energy sector, and roll back mountains of onerous "green" and other reg's, should provide some relief in the short term.

As for the debt, that will have to wait. Fortunately, the U.S. has a massive $27 trillion+ GDP, which somewhat blunts the effects of that debt in the near term. Personally, the national debt is way down my list of economic red flags.

No matter who wins this election, we're headed for it.

Harris wins, we're going in nose first. She just said she'll try price fixing and most of us are old enough to remember the last time they tried that and 70s gas lines. Every CEO and business owner just said " Oh sh**"

Trump wins, it'll be a gradual but steep decline. It's like trying to hold up a house of mud in a downpour.

It's coming. It's just a matter of time.

Your thoughts ?

Trump will be better than Harris on every level, I just wish he was 20 years younger...

That being said, my opinion is that we we are "in for" a few of the following over the next 4 years:

- Massive banking crisis worse than 2008

- Another act of terrorism bigger than 9-11-01

- Catastrophic earthquake on the West Coast -- possibly the Cascadia fault

- Boeing files bankruptcy (reorganization)

- U.S. and other western governments admit to the existence of non-human artifacts and technology

- The WHO and U.S. health org's will try another Covid-like run at personal freedom and fail miserably. Several Federal health agencies will be dissolved or reorganized.

- Trump will declassify the JFK files, which will raise more questions than they answer.

- Life will go on...

Buckle up! It's going to be a hell of a ride!

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It would take at least two terms of a fiscally responsible administration to set us on a better pth but it would come with a fair amount of pain.

Americans have been conditioned to demand instant gratification nd protest if they don't get what they want when they want it, so I don't see the US ever being put on a path to solvency again.... but if anybody can do it Trump can.

Harris' policies are a communistic dream list. All those who want something for nothing will surely be voting for her; those who are smart enough to understand basic finance will know there are consequences that will be far worse than anything America has ever seen before, including wars and the Spanish Flu.

The obama era gave us operatives in all government branches and the judicial system; couple that with the self-entitled voters and it may be a toss-up whether brains or babble becomes our future leader.

Harris may know the law arena to be good at prosecuting people with shifty tactics (like hiding exhonerating evidence) but she's a blithering idiot when it comes to understanding money or any segment of running a country.
She'll make sure the country runs as smoothly as the southern border has under her direction.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I'll ante up. And there are folks here who will mock because I am quoting the Bible. My response to them is, Just hang around and see...

What do I see coming? Well, I see a lot of it already here, but there is more - much more - in the works and coming down:

Romans 1:18-32

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

:
edit on 2024 8 17 by AwakeNotWoke because: typo.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   

What do you see coming

Nationally - Cackling idiot and DEI hire abortion-czar Communist Harris will "win". The useful idiots here in America will vote communism in ... then we will have economic collapse, everyone except the communist elite will be poor paying for all the 'free stuff' that is nothing but crap, food shortages, drug shortages, private companies will be a thing of the past as the government takes over, massive increase in crime, total collapse of the border and invasion of tens of millions of dirt poor nonenglish speaking foreigners all financially sucking the life out of this country and all fast tracked to citizenship so they can keep voting in the "democrats" who are really now communists. The globalists will be delighted because America will have fallen and we are now controllable.

I see a massive falling away of Christian faith in people. Leaving God. Irreligion. Demonic attachment to the bad while calling the bad - good. At the same time, I see morons embracing and encouraging the Islamic religion and politics and it's expansion, which is nothing more than a cancer on the world. I see woke and cancel culture running the minds of the lemmings who have been infected by it. It's like a haze of 'stupid' enveloping people so they don't see the evil they have done to themselves, others, the country and the world.

What do I see coming .... the bad being called good and the good being called bad ... and a really really hard, if not impossible, time for everyone ... ushered in by useful idiots being willingly led by the nose and voting Communism and globalism in for America.

edit on 8/17/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Catastrophe Fatigue is "a thing".

The US has definate "issues" which were expressed amazingly by David64,Nugget1,Tommy1974,Rickymouse. Quite a bit of our current govt is beyond bloated. It really jumped off in the late 60's -70's. While Nixon,Vietnam,energy crisis kept everyone distracted rivaling Wall Street, lawmakers & others quietly turned the US State & Federal Govt's into major corporate entities. (analogy)

Dismantling what doesn't serve us is going to be complicated an frankly scares the pants off folks.
This didn't happen overnight so moving workers from unnecessary jobs back into the societal economy will and should be thoughtful & gradual.

The giant anticipated "Apocalypse"?
Not seeing it, been saying that for over 20yrs. Sure we're bound to have natural disasters that's a given. While a very vocal minority keeps moaning on about "we're all doomed" literally multitudes of people have never stopped trying to be better, do better.

Trump is absolutely going to have his hands full. If he pulls his ego out of his posterior he'll take a hard look at some of the workable idea's Robert Kennedy Jr. outlined regarding the ease of downsizing the FDA & pulling Big Pharma's teeth. He doesn't need Congressional assistance to achieve it. (tiny rant)

The ship CAN be righted with self discipline. Seperating stagnant power-hungry agency leaders with a "get in line or get out" stance & letting others who DO & can believe in the constitution step up is achievable. The only thing I "think" will be rocky is moving from ginormous banking conglomerates more to regional smaller Credit Unions. It'll be a "ouchey" but doesn't have to be life-crashing.

Anyone doubting check out a YouTube channel "Yes Theory"
Seek Discomfort - Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone

join