It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kaunakakai Hālawa…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Kaunakakai, Molokaʻi

Oh Polynesians, you lovers of life. Thank you for finding water that makes things just right. 650AD a time indeed, with cowboys and horses and no other needs.

As beauty bleeds from your sky, I have never seen anything up so high. Time for words and time for needs I feel blessed upon your seeds. Seeds of green and seeds of life, no one ever needs a knife.

I have been to Niagara between the falls but nothing explains why you are so tall. In the light or in the night nothing stops you on this amazing hike. A hike of dreams with no words. A dream of words with no hike.

You paved ways with us all, we are so happy for this fall…♥️
edit on 16-8-2024 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

That's great, JJ.

All the better that nature inspired you to describe its marvel.

Glad you had a safe trip... that shot is a bit hair raising.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thank you, Hawaii was amazing. The helicopter ride to the fall was super intense. I went skydiving later that day, 14,000 feet omg I almost cried. Lol

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Nice waterfalls!

I had to look up 650 AD.
Polynesians reached Hawaii !.

Looked up cowboys and horses.
Seems the first mayor of Kaunakakai rode a skinny horse. See 0:43 on this video:

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Thank you very much. I was just there on that island in Hawaii. Life is very very cool there! Different!

It’s good to see you! I am ready for your writing

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   

that was a wonderful bit of prose, JJ, and I really enjoyed the view!

what was that, about 1500 feet? Those are skydiving heights! (well, if you're good, certainly not novice elevation)

Very much enjoyed a peek into your thoughts

ETA: I hadn't yet read the part about you skydiving from 14,000!!! Talk about synchronicity! Now THAT is a good height for some time to play in the sky. If you opened at a safe elevation of 4,000 or so, you had at least a minute of freefall. Man, that time seems so much longer, no?

Was it your first jump? On a zipline? The first jump I had, my perception wasn't that I fell, but that I was stationary, and the plane flew upward in an arc away from me. Then a jumble of noise and flapping and color and fabric and WHOOMP! -- the chute opened. I think my mind closed down for a second or two. I did over 100 jumps in my day. Always had good depth perception. Always landed easy. I kind of miss it, even now 35 years later.

Skydiving is one of those things that can change your life, and change your perceptions of the world, and of yourself. You can find a different self lurking that you didn't know was just waiting there, waiting for the chance to join you, and show you things you didn't know.
edit on 16/8/24 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Thank you kindly. It was my first jump. It was on the North Shore side Honolulu. 2.6 miles up 17 people on the plane. I was attached to a trainer.

We free fell for 1 min. I was scared to death to enter the plane but I set my mind to do it. I had no choice but to jump since I was hooked to the trained. It changed my life for sure. I got motion sick after the chute was pulled. I will do it again 100%.

I went zip-lining the next day in the Mountains. It was amazingly high and a long eight lines but nothing like jumping at 14,000 feet!

Thank you kindly!

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 01:04 AM
link   

It’s good to see you! I am ready for your writing

I'm glad to see you too!
I suppose I could write something about gravity, inspired by your 1 minute of free fall. Awesome!!!

Okay, outline forming...

It all started on that 4th of July ...

I'll work on it tomorrow, see if I can re-locate that Einstein quote.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Perfect. Oh when you are at 14,000 feet the temperature is 40 deg colder than on the ground. When I jumped I was freezing and when landed it was 88 deg. Lol

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Here is another view from the helicopter. The water fall is 2,953 feet tall. It’s the 4th tallest in the world. It looks small from the angle of the photo but it was massive.

The amount of water falling could mostly power a big city.

On the 100 mile per hour helicopter ride over it started pouring rain as we were flying through low clouds. I had my iPhone with me to take photos. The pilot told me I could not send my photo via text from the island because there are no cell towers.

The few people that live on the island can only get supplies by boat and they have to hike their supplies back to their houses.

Here is more info!

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-8-2024 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That is an epic photo! I am very envious you were there and in a helicopter! Wonderful. What an incredible place to visit.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It was the most beautiful place ever! I was very lucky to be in a helicopter. The helicopter ride will make another story!

new topics

top topics

join