It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Harris Campaign's Policy Platform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I suppose lack of policy platform would be a more appropriate title, since as far as I can tell, she has none. Oh sure, there are plenty of corporate media articles claiming to have the scoop on what she plans to do if elected. I think I even saw a youtube vid with 'Harris Lays Out Her Platform In Speech' or something very similar as the title. Black and white though? A clear, official, written message, that anyone can read and say to themselves with some certainty "Okay, here's what this campaign wants us to believe that they represent. Here's what they plan to do if elected."? Nope. None of that, as far as I can tell.

Perhaps that will change in the coming days or weeks. Perhaps not. I don't know.

It has some strategic appeal, if you think about it. Low information voters typically don't look up and read candidates' platforms. Keeping her platform vague and murky makes it harder for her political adversaries to attack her political positions. If she has no official position, what is there to attack?

Thought this odd facet of this cycle's political contest for the presidency, with perhaps the fate of the nation riding on the outcome, deserved a thread on it. Sources that support my observation:

After earning President Joe Biden’s endorsement July 21, Harris became the favorite for the Democratic presidential nomination, going unchallenged through the DNC’s virtual roll call. Though Harris hit the campaign trail and chose a running mate, the vice president still hasn’t posted a platform to her campaign website.

dailycaller.com...

www.foxbusiness.com...
www.scnr.com...
kamalaharris.com...

What do you think? Discuss.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I understand one thing she will "do" is provide financial help to people for paying ObamaCare policies. But low income already get subsidy tax breaks for premiums. lol😀

And The Government already regulates those insurance policy premium rates too! lol😀

No mention of any "help" for people stuck hard with the deductible payments and forced into medical bankruptcy!! lol😃

"Gordy the Gourd says: The Joke's on YOU Sucker!"

edit on Aug-16-2024 by xuenchen because: 🤡

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I believe very soon she will be unveiling her communist government price controls.
It’s going to completely nuke her campaign.
Stay tuned.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

BEFORE YOU POST.
READ THIS....

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (Redux)

Community Announcement re: Decorum

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Price gouging laws already exist on the books. Maybe it's time they actually got enforced.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: Vermilion

Price gouging laws already exist on the books. Maybe it's time they actually got enforced.

They are enforced when actual price gouging occurs.

The problem is Kamala is gaslighting everyone into believing it’s happening so she can set price caps.
This won’t end well for her campaign.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Price Gouging: The Kampaign needs to certify why The Biden Administration is not doing what she is suggesting?????? What's the "Root" causes anyway????? All BS 🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   
🤣

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We can deduce the likely outcomes of a Harris presidency. On The Issues and Ballotpedia both have pages noting past statements of her political positions. Lots of past public statements where rhetoric can be analyzed. The Biden administration's activities, wherein she has presumably been carrying out some of the duties of vice president.

There are a couple speeches wherein I presume "campaign promises" are being made. Numerous corporate media articles, making campaign promises on her behalf. MSM, deep state, and the DNC political machine providing lots of emotionally reasoned arguments for supporting her without any factually accurate policy arguments to support them.

Nothing clear, concise, and printed in easily understandable English though. At least, not anywhere that is easily accessed by the public, that is.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: badcabbie

August 23, 2024

Did Kamala Walz introduce their 2025-2029 platform during the convention this week?

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Nope. At least, not that I can find. Lots of news articles, saying she plans to do this, or do that. Promises mad in campaign speeches. No actual written Kamala Harris policy platform though.

If we take a look at the official Harris for president website, we can see that there is no platform page there.

kamalaharris.com...#

Weird.

Like I said in the OP, it does provide them some strategic advantage in an odd sort of way. If there is no official policy platform, then there is no official intended policy to attack.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Maybe she will do like "Johnny" in the movie AIRPLANE.

"I was just kidding! I wasn't running for President. Geesh!"

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

And, how can you word a platform that demands $18 minimum wage for every grocery store employee, and bread can't cost more than $2.00 per loaf?

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

A challenging endeavor, sounds like. I don't think the math works on something like that, especially when you consider the razor thin profit margin that grocery stores operate on.

I guess if you want the grocery chains to go out of business, so that the government then becomes responsible for providing food for the population, that might be a good way to move in that direction while pretending as though you're not.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Since candidate Kamala says there is "no daylight" between Joe's goals and her goals, it's safe to assume both Biden and Harris are rushing to get 100,000 more migrants into the country, so they can send in, or drop-box, Democrat ballots.

This importation program was Shut down for Fraud, but Biden-Harris restarted the program anyway.

Hurry Hurry!: dailycaller.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well the Harris campaign finally published a policy platform on their website. Still not much substance, but they have published something in writing stating their campaign's policy aims if Harris is elected. I'm going to post a few quotes, but I've decided to only post the subsections in the "issues" section that are entitled "Trump's Project 2025 Agenda", because I find those to be the most entertaining that orange enjoys rent free space on their website's policy page and they've decided to use that real estate to tell lies about the man. Disgusting!

As to the rest of it, not much substance to it. It's mostly murky and vague, with a few bad ideas that might sound good to low information voters sprinkled in. Don't take my word for it though, have a look for yourselves:
kamalaharris.com...

The Trump Sections:

Trump’s Project 2025 Agenda

Vice President Harris’ lowering costs agenda is a stark contrast to Donald Trump’s plans to jack up prices, weaken the middle class, cut Social Security and Medicare, eliminate the Department of Education and preschool programs like Head Start, and end the Affordable Care Act. Project 2025 would give him unprecedented control to implement his destructive agenda, including another handout to his billionaire friends and giant corporations. His plans would increase costs for families by at least $3,900 a year by slapping a Trump sales tax on imported everyday goods that American families rely on, like gas, food, clothing, and medicine. Trump would raise rents and add $1,200 a year to the typical American mortgage. Trump asked Big Oil executives to give his campaign money so he could roll back regulations and cut taxes for Big Oil to boost their profits, and Trump’s plans would push gas prices up. Trump’s economic plans would also trigger a recession by mid-2025, cost America over 3 million jobs, threaten hundreds of thousands of clean energy jobs, increase the debt by over $5 trillion, send inflation skyrocketing, and hurt everyone but the richest Americans.

Donald Trump is a threat to our fundamental rights and freedoms. He brags that he is “proudly” responsible for handpicking Supreme Court Justices who overturned Roe, unleashing Trump Abortion Bans in states across the country, putting women’s lives at risk and threatening doctors and other health providers with jail time. He said there should be “punishment” for women who have an abortion and calls abortion bans “a beautiful thing to watch.” If elected, Trump will ban abortion nationwide, restrict access to birth control, force states to report on women’s miscarriages and abortions, and jeopardize access to IVF.

Trump and his allies continue to demonize and attack LGBTQI+ individuals and families. His Project 2025 agenda will eliminate federal rules that protect LGBTQI+ Americans from discrimination. And Trump is directly attacking the bedrock of our democracy: the right to vote. His baseless claims of a stolen election in 2020 inspired states to slash voter protections and purge their voting rolls.

Donald Trump is a convicted criminal who only cares about himself. He’s proven that time and time again — from caving to the gun lobby and doing nothing to address gun violence to killing the bipartisan border security deal that would secure our border and keep America safe, just to help himself politically. If elected president, Trump will implement his Project 2025 agenda to consolidate power, bring the Department of Justice and the FBI under his direct control so he can give himself unchecked legal power and go after his opponents, and rule as a dictator on “day one.” Not only will Trump fail to tackle violence in our communities or fix our broken immigration system — he will make us less safe. He says we should “get over” gun violence and he is pushing for more guns on our streets and wants to arm teachers in our classrooms. He’ll advance his cruel immigration agenda which includes separating children from their parents. And he is refusing to commit to accepting the results of the 2024 election if he loses a second time.

Someone as dangerous as Donald Trump should never again be allowed to serve as Commander in Chief. In office, he cozied up to dictators and turned his back on allies. He undercut America’s competitive edge, boasting that not a single American factory would close under his watch, and then doing nothing as factories shuttered. He’s said he would let Russia “do whatever the hell they want” to our NATO allies. And he calls soldiers who gave their lives in defense of American democracy “suckers” and “losers.” Top American military generals and national security officials — including those who worked for Trump — have warned that he is “dangerous” and “unfit” to lead, and now he is surrounded by ultra-loyalists who enable his worst impulses.

join