It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets test the theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Here we have a planetary alignment advocate with regards to Earthquake prediction stating that the next few days are very dicey, for a megaquake. He has had quite a few good hits in the past Turkey Japan etc. But he seems a bit vague on this one, he mentions New Zealand and Europe . Since it combines with Vedic astrology predictions which rely on alignments of planets to predict outcomes I thought it a good oportunity to test the theory out and see if we do get a biggy if we do i suggest he might be on to something more than a lucky guess.

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Got some shakes here the last few in Michigan.

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I've been following Joni Patry just to see how acurate vedic astrology is and she's been spot on for quite a few things. She's been saying the planetary aligh=nments for August are suggessting a lot of anger, such as protests and expressing concern over eartthquakes, possibly California.

According to her the planets are in the exact same alignment as the April 18, 1906 San Fransisco quake, but doesn't rule out New Madrid.

She predicted the recent Japan quake as being a possibility according to the charts and if memory serves it was right to the day.

I like her take on the political climate, not only in the US but around the world. She saw grave danger-possibly an attempt on Trump's life-the week of July 13.

It's not often I see someone with so many accurate hits, so vedic astrology has peaked my interests.

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I like Joni as well she seems to be tuned into the general vibe.

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Lol... What happened to phases of the moon?

Well, there is one "Megaquake" per year. Only one quake on average exceeds 8.0. Last 3 were all in 2021. New Zealand (Tonga), South Sandwich Islands, and Alaska.

Chile and Tonga are the two fastest subducting plates. So those produce mega-thrust earthquakes most regularly. New Zealand is always a good prediction. Don't overlook Chile.

But this is total BS. There isn't enough tidal stretching or compression from star and moon alignments to have an effect on earthquakes, let alone other planets. It speciously exists in the head. All connections made through confirmation bias.

If Saturn causes earthquakes can I think I'm numinous? Can I think my words are powerful enough to control reality like a god? I will counter-test my possible divine power as well.

I think all I need to do is speak this poem:

"Tohoku, Sumatra, Valdivia, be gone.
No Port Valdez or Cascadia this dawn.
May the ground not slip, may the faults be calm.
May this chant protect from tremors strong."

And It will prevent megathrust earthquakes for AT LEAST 7 days.
edit on 15-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Doomsday fish found recently:

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 08:24 PM
link   
From only 5 days ago:

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I often wonder if science threw the astrology baby out with the bathwater, we will soon find out.

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I feel all of that alignment stuff has some effect on earth, but even though there has been some who actually track this stuff, not enough hard evidence and understanding of how it effects seismic and volcanic events has yet been evaluated. Coincidences do happen, and there are often multiple factors that line up for major events.

There are some major sunspots supposed to be coming around to this side of the sun pretty quick, couple that with those planet alignments and it may have synergetic effects.

Funny how this comes out after reading that Venus just farted a blue flash of light. spaceweather.com...

Just another coincidence again.

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wow, maybe there is something to this. There seems to be more earthquakes than usual when I checked USGS just now. I have it set to not register little quakes, so usually there aren't so many like right now. Great coincidence.

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: annonentity
a reply to: nugget1

I like Joni as well she seems to be tuned into the general vibe.

After hearing her say Cali could possibly experience some shaking I did some reading on what seismologists think. Apparently, they believe there is now a 60% chance of a quake in Cali within the next 30 years of mag. 6 or higher.

Joni did say it was the Mars alignment, which is in an angry position that realates to quakes and things like riots, so whatever may come during the rest of August is something I'm keeping an eye on.

Thanks for the Youtube link ; I'll check him out.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Okay, I won't be so skeptical.

Doomsday fish

fox5sandiego.com...

No! Not the Rose Canyon Fault! That's the one that goes under me!

The dead apocalype fish was found in La Jolla Cove literally directly on top of that fault. Which hasn't had a 6.0+ since 1862!

So... If the Rose Canyon Fault slips above 6.0 in the next 6 months I'll reassess my thoughts on omens and sorcery fish. And be scared sh*tless because strong earthquakes usually are not close enough to be frightening.
edit on 16-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

www.msn.com...

They have found one of those fishes 20 times since 1901, how many "doomsdays" did we have since then?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   

OK, so no big earthquakes on the 14th or 15th of August, so that "prediction" as already failed.

I will wait to see what happens on the next days.

PS: I find it funny that he says that the earthquake in Syria is a sign of accumulating stress, when in fact an earthquake is release of stress forces.
I also find it funny that, after all those predictions, he says that it depends on the stress forces accumulated, which is obvious, so if nothing happens it's because he was wrong, it's because there weren't enough forces at work.
Finally, I also find it funny that he doesn't know what "antipodes" mean, it doesn't sound good for someone supposedly knowledgeable about geometry.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Heh, you're pretty knowledgeable about a whole variety of stuff, aren't ya'? Just out of curiosity, what is your degree in anyway? Mine is Engineering-Physics w/ an Astro minor and I generally think I'm smart enough to get out of a wet paper bag, but then I read some of your stuff (which I generally always do, even if I don't agree) and I'm sitting there saying..."Whoa! I couldn't have written that."..... (This is meant to be a compliment by the way).

And where did you get that poem? Is that something you knew of, or did you make it up yourself?

FWIW...I tend to agree with you on this subject. I think the planet/star alignment thing is generally a lot of hooey, but I guess we'll see. The other 'planets' (not the Moon, which is a satellite in this context) are too distant to have any notable gravitational effect on Earth, and gravity would be about the only extra-Earthly force which would have any bearing on Earth outside of the Sun. Geology isn't my bag though, rather electronics and aeronautical, so my head is up in the clouds.

edit on 8/16/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't usually think much of these 'planet alignment = earthquake' predictions...But...

A couple days ago, I was looking at my "SkyView Lite" iPhone App, and I was a bit startled to see that -
- not only (from our perspective) is Mars perfectly lined up, looking as if 'on top' of Jupiter, but they are both right, smack in between Taurus's horns!

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My degree is in geoscience. To be exact it was "Geosciences" and a sub plan of "geology." Could have done geophysics or the environmental one, but I wanted the "old school" version.

And never used it, because you don't get to be an exploratory geologist with an undergrad. You get to be a mudlogger. I chose the degree to do something I thought was "against the grain" and was surprised how normal and coed and limiting my choice was.

But it comes in handy when trying to explain solid to solid phase transition between the discontinuaties in the mantle. I actually learned more about subduction slabs in the transition zone to debate a creationist than I did I college.

To be fair to this topic. Tidal forces that trigger earthquakes are widely speculated. Some say there's an uptick at the full/new moon. Perigee and King Tides. I can't find any consistent correlation. Confirmation bias to me.

But here's what DOES happen. Solid earth tides, the ones that rise and fall by 14 inches can serve as the proverbial camal back breaking straw. Both Ridgecrest earthquakes were linked to peak tidal stresses... maybe

www.seismosoc.org...

They found that “there is suggestive evidence that peak seismicity happens when tidal stresses are maximum,” Beauce said, “but this modulation is weak, and because it is weak, it is only suggested.”

So there MAY BE peak tidal stresses that can trigger earthquakes on faults that were almost about to go.

And the peak tidal stress happens 730 times a year. Saturn and Mars lining up is a negligible fraction and will never have a greater (or more noticable) effect than our own sun and moon, tidally speaking.

It's hazy as to whether or not the sun can do it. It's extra hazy with Jupiter.
edit on 16-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Solvedit

www.msn.com...

They have found one of those fishes 20 times since 1901, how many "doomsdays" did we have since then?
But it makes three omens in a row.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense, and is consistent with what I would speculate, but I don't know it in the detail you do (obviously).

Tidal forces definitely make sense having an influence on seismic activity. There's a lot of mass changing its distribution on a regular basis. Something I can readily identify with.

BTW, I left a word out of my post above. I should have said...I don't 'always' agree, but I agree with you more often than not.

Anyway, thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I think they main alignment in question was on the 20th but it could go off a bit before or after. I noticed There was one not far from Perth in Aussie on the newsfeed this morning which is a bit unusual.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join