It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Joe Biden promised to "end fossil fuels"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's now been 5 years since Biden made that promise.
IMO, it was a defining moment that showed the way Democrats operate. Liberals and leftists live in a fantasy world. They're always planning their utopia, but their plans always fail, and it's always someone else's fault.

Biden made his promise at a New Hampshire rally, when an environmental activist challenged him for accepting donations from the co-founder of a natural gas company. Biden went up to a young girl, took her hand, called her "kiddo" and said: “I want you to look at my eyes. I guarantee you. I guarantee you. We’re gonna end fossil fuel.”

The mainstream media lauded Biden's "intimate moment", and said it showed how concerned he was. It showed how much he cared.

Less than two years after making his promise to end fossil fuel, he told oil refineries they needed to start pumping more oil. When he got called out on it, he said it was OK because "I told them they were going to have to make less profit". You could not make this stuff up if you tried.

So the CEO of the American Petroleum Institute sent Biden a letter, explaining how the oil industry worked. Seriously, the API guy had to explain to Biden that you simply cannot do all these things Biden wants, and expect there to NOT be a shortage. So what did Joe do? He doubled down, of course! He blamed the oil shortage and all the misery it was causing on "corporate greed". Bernie Sanders wanted to increase the oil companies tax rate to 95%.

The "Kiddo" moment:

I'm going to end fossil fuel, but I need you to produce more gas! My reckless policies didn't cause this crisis, it was Putin! No wait, it was the pandemic! No wait...it was corporate greed!

Biden commands oil companies to fix the crises he created

edit on 13-8-2024 by ColeYounger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
To be fair, he thought that’s what he was doing when he was selling US oil reserves to our adversaries.

Common mistake.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Biden got worried he might have to give up his old vet he owns. You know what I mean, the one that was guarding all those classified documents...at least it was a good American Vet, not some foreign car in his garage. Funny he did not give his vet a metal of honor when he became president for it's long history of service in this country.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

Biden commands oil companies to fix the crises he created

This is a great strategy for a life long politician,
setting the stage for other lifer politicians.

If they actually solved a problem, they would
have to deal with term limits and finding a real
job, instead of gas lighting the American people!

new topics

top topics

join