It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Kamala Harris Stands On Key Policy Issues

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here's an overview of Harris's positions based on her track record and what has been gathered recently.www.zerohedge.com...

She seems to be holding the line for whatever progressive faction she's beholden to as her positions are indicative of that.

It's not surprising what her positions are, as they mostly align with what we see everyday. She makes erroneous claims and statements in support of her views which are miopic and immature, IMO.

She's changed her stance here and there but she's not deviating very much from the pillars of her ill-inpired ideologies.

For instance:

US Border

Harris’s position on the border has changed compared to 2020. During her 2020 presidential campaign, Harris said the country should “think about starting from scratch” with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the agency responsible for investigating and deporting illegal immigrants, a position she now rejects.

“Immigrants are part of the fabric of America,” she wrote in 2019, vowing to pass immigration reform.

In June 2021, she told migrants in Guatemala, “Do not come. The United States will continue to enforce our laws and secure our border.”

Now Harris, like Biden, considers the influx of illegal immigrants part of a global migration crisis and a humanitarian issue.

Always a fail social experiment and the subsequent reversal.

Its election season, I get it, but here's another:

Supreme Court

Harris favors Supreme Court reform but has changed her position since 2020.

During her 2020 presidential campaign, Harris appeared receptive to the idea of expanding the Supreme Court. “Everything is on the table” to address the “crisis of confidence” in the court, she told Politico in March 2019.

Two months later, she said she was open to the “conversation” of increasing the number of justices, according to Bloomberg.

However, Harris issued a statement in agreement with Biden’s recent proposed court reforms, which include 18-year term limits and a judicial code of ethics that would be enforceable under law. The proposal doesn’t include increasing the number of justices.

“There is a clear crisis of confidence facing the Supreme Court as its fairness has been called into question after numerous ethics scandals and decision after decision overturning long-standing precedent,” Harris said in a July 29 statement.

She said the reforms are needed to restore public confidence in the court.

She's obviously, OBVIOUSLY not a champion of the Constitution, and yet, she will use the document to subvert and eliminate the document itself. I'm not a fan, ymmv.

There are other points in the article, but I didn't want to copy and paste this to death, so please feel free to check the link.

If you want to spend your time in this discussion refuting the source, knock yourself out. Other than that, I think it gives a least a glimpse into what in the devil this woman is all about since answers are sparse and her interviews are practically non-existent.

Hope this is helpful.

edit on 13-8-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would respect her so much more if she would just stick to her own views regardless of how “good” or “bad” they are, rather than just watch her cave to Leftist dogma and skew the needle further.

I don’t think she truly believes in what she’s fighting for.

Being a long-time law-dog, none of what she’s chosen seems to be original. Lots of fluff and words that are meant to inspire, but come off as vapid or insipid, often times patronizing at best, hollow promises more likely.

In other words, she’s just doing what she’s told.

Which includes not giving time to the Press, nor the expanding on her personal nor political views, and not even trying to flesh out any semblance of a platform that doesn’t curtail and acquiesce to Leftist ideology.
edit on 13-8-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Excellent summation!

Perhaps she'll take that interview with Musk. With the amount of views Trump's interview received, it would be incredibly stupid for her not to.

But that's a double-edged sword. I highly doubt she could keep it cringe free for 10 minutes, let alone ~2 hours.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am not at all against legal well vetted immigrants entering our country. I just am in disagreement with what the Democrats are allowing to happen.

The Democrats and Harris want to gain support from the liberals and progressives in making the supreme court bow down to the liberal Democrats in charge. The only confidence they want to boost is the Democrats confidence in control of the nation.

The Democrats want total control to do what they want, and their thoughtless tactics are going to screw up our society.

That is my opinion. Harris is just as ignorant on how the changes she and Democrats are trying to implement to please the progressives and liberals will quickly screw up our society. You cannot let everyone do whatever they want, we have to slowly edge forward without giving one group of people more rights than another. Conservatives and liberals all have equal rights and change needs to be done moderately to work out any bugs it creates...history needs to be examined too to make sure we do not make mistakes we made before. PEOPLE ARE NOT SMARTER THAN THEY WERE BEFORE. IN fact, I think there is way less common sense in our society and particular in the liberals and progressives than there was in the past.

I will remind you guys again, I used to be a liberal and I saw that liberals were going too far, now I am a moderate conservative and I no longer support the way liberals are acting anymore. Before the disruptive deceiving liberals were few in number, now the numbers have increased with some of them getting into high political positions. The liberals went over the tipping point of rationality about twelve years ago or more now, and it is getting continually worse.

If the common sense liberals came back who pushed unification of the Races and sexes instead of causing confilict and devision, I might support their cause again, but that would be a radical change from what I see now, so I doubt if I will be doing that in the rest of my lifetime I have left.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Brighteon Broadcast News, Aug 13, 2023 – LOSING CONTROL: Democrats in PANIC over unscripted Elon Musk – Donald Trump conversation

At around 30 min, Kamala is looking at taxing unrealized gains. so if you have any assists that go up in value, like stocks, crypto, housing or anything else, you are going to have to sell it to pay your tax if you have not got the cash on hand. It will be the end of the USD if this happens as the government tried to squeeze out the last of it blood as it all descends into collapse.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican
I don’t think she truly believes in what she’s fighting for..

Open borders to break the country. Soak the rich tax till they break. Government run everything so you are a slave to the state. Everyone brought down to the lowest levels so that the globalist elites can run everything. Yeah ... I think she believes in that because she thinks she's one of the elites.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
Brighteon Broadcast News, Aug 13, 2023 – LOSING CONTROL: Democrats in PANIC over unscripted Elon Musk – Donald Trump conversation

At around 30 min, Kamala is looking at taxing unrealized gains. so if you have any assists that go up in value, like stocks, crypto, housing or anything else, you are going to have to sell it to pay your tax if you have not got the cash on hand. It will be the end of the USD if this happens as the government tried to squeeze out the last of it blood as it all descends into collapse.

That's like that rule they had in the early 00's (mark to market) that was a big factor causing the late 00's recession/collapse !! 😃

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican
I don’t think she truly believes in what she’s fighting for..

Open borders to break the country. Soak the rich tax till they break. Government run everything so you are a slave to the state. Everyone brought down to the lowest levels so that the globalist elites can run everything. Yeah ... I think she believes in that because she thinks she's one of the elites.

Ah.

Maybe? But sounds a lot like misguided aspirations.

I can’t imagine her arrogance so grand, she can’t see that none of this is her doing, and not really deserved.

But hey.

First BIPOC woman to receive Joe’s 81M loyal followers.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here is where Madame VP Harris falls on numerous political themes from ISidewith.com

I came out even more centrist than I thought I would, I'm only close to Harris in 2 categories

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Kamala Harris' Voting Records
Office:
Vice President, Democratic President of the Senate
On The Ballot: Running, Democratic for President with Tim Walz

JustFacts Kamala National Key Votes - VoteSmart

edit on 13-8-2024 by MetalThunder because: WWG1WGA
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka

And what happens when you have some how managed
to hold on to your asset, paid unrealized gains and then
the market dips and you lose the value of your home
or financial instrument?

What a scam, and they know it.

All designed to eliminate the middle class,
who are managing to hold on to an asset or two.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Must watch….
KJP (wannabe Shirley temple White House press secretary) was asked today about Kamala's achievements as VP.
She couldn't name any...
x.com...

Is it because she doesn’t have any, or the White House is still angry with her about the coup, or both perhaps?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Smh.

KJP had a rough start but look at her now!!! Her Loretta Lynch correspondence courses are paying off!!

She's a well seasoned pathological liar!! Well done girl!!

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Perhaps both, cognitive dissonance.

Biden is secretly seething. We all know it!

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Must watch….
KJP (wannabe Shirley temple White House press secretary) was asked today about Kamala's achievements as VP.
She couldn't name any...
x.com...

Is it because she doesn’t have any, or the White House is still angry with her about the coup, or both perhaps?
Well kjp did say kh was a team with Biden and that they achieved “historic achievements”
So are they talking about record gas and energy prices, record inflation, record number of illegals into the country, record number of OD’s, record number of children transitioning? Those historic achievements???

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   

edit on 13-8-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: Vermilion

Must watch….
She couldn't name any...
x.com...

Well kjp did say kh was a team with Biden and that they achieved “historic achievements”
So are they talking about record gas and energy prices, record inflation, record number of illegals into the country, record number of OD’s, record number of children transitioning? Those historic achievements???

You just won the debates! It's really that simple.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   

That's actually a funny reference, "Shirley Temple" look. She definitely is a cute girl. Too bad she's such a liar and spin-master for the left.

She's very well spoken, and certainly pleasant to look at. Again, just too bad she's such a shill for Biden and his crime syndicate.

edit on 8/13/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Why should Kamala care about the US Constitution ? (even assuming she can understand it, which is doubtful)

She is NOT natural born American, her parents are communists and she was raised in Canada, NOT the US.
edit on 13-8-2024 by Tolkien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join