It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has suggested eliminating U.S. income tax

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Damnnnn… Trump really is going Libertarian!

Panicked and desperate as he is, he'll say anything that comes into his head.

Nobody is ever going to abolish income tax. He knows it. You know it. Even the most immature libertarian, in their heart of hearts, knows it.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

But here you also address the rest of that plan that is also part of the Project 2025, to do away with unions. Under a Trump plan, the unions would not exist and there would be no minimum wage. All wages and prices would need to be adjusted to the machinations of the corporate lords.

Don't forget replacing wicked democrat-leaning government employees with those that agree with the executive entity appointing them! Like what they did to the RINOs at the RNC.

Project 2025 = Make The President A King And You All Need Jesus! (At least to me) I'm really glad Trump says he has no idea what people are talking about.

But if my dystopic nightmare comes true (a king, abolished civilian federal employees, compulsory religion) and I see that really start happening, I'm not fighting it, it's gone, so I'm cashing out some crap while i can and renovating some 2,500,000 ¥ ($17,000) Akiya.

I think I could do Japan. Animism, Anime, and the Hadaka Matsuri would be a fun change of pace if I was fleeing a reclamationist theocracy.

They love metal too.

Such a liberal hollywood thing to say you'll do though.
edit on 13-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

Panicked and desperate as he is,

Now that's just adorable! lmao

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 02:01 AM
link   
An observation from across the pond.

And how do you thing the rest of the world would react to this?

A universal increase in tariffs on US goods.
A big reduction in US exports with an obvious impact on sales and jobs.

Corporation's move production to other countries. They still make their obscene profits so executives and shareholders are happy.....not so good for the people losing their jobs.

As pointed out, possible de-unionisation resulting in lower wages for many.

US isolationism at its very worst, but hey......entirely up to you guys, you do as you see fit.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Well that means Kamala MUST follow suit and make income tax elimination part of The Democrat agenda!!

The 2024 fustercluck moves forward. 😊

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

All those phony numbers are the ones they use to manipulate the economies and create poverty. 😉💲

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Bring the manufacturing back to the U.S.

What was wrong with that idea years ago when it worked? 😃

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

The economy is already crashing.

Reducing the size of the government, spending, and lowering taxes is the only way forward.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

We were doing those things during his 1st term and the economy was roaring with historic low unemployment, wage increases, and economic growth before covid.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Project 2025 is QAnon for leftists

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
An observation from across the pond.

And how do you thing the rest of the world would react to this?

A universal increase in tariffs on US goods.
A big reduction in US exports with an obvious impact on sales and jobs.

Corporation's move production to other countries. They still make their obscene profits so executives and shareholders are happy.....not so good for the people losing their jobs.

As pointed out, possible de-unionisation resulting in lower wages for many.

US isolationism at its very worst, but hey......entirely up to you guys, you do as you see fit.

The U.S. cannot pull it off they are too immersed in the global economy. Promising anything other than economic policies where the math works is a con job.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

Now all Trump has to do to win is add this to his cart.

All Trump has to do to win the election is take away the democrats favorite toy. He should promise amnesty to all the illegal migrants who are already here when he is sworn in on Jan 20. Kamala flip flops why not Mr.Trump? Can you imagine the look on Obama's face if Trump did that?

Oh please please please let it happen?

If he’s going libertarian, he can, as you point out steal some D points by:

Decriminalizing weed.
Presidential pardon those in for just such offenses (not those with violent offenses also)
Amnesty for all currently in (Ronald reganesqe)
Stabilize social security.
Pardon Assange (oh well D won that), Snowden, etc.
Enshrine abortion as state right (he did but D pretend he will try to make national - I’ve heard their adds).

He would gain a lot of center/center left independents.

Right now D and R tied at 27%. Independents are 43% and will decide this election. That is what he’s doing is appealing to independents.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Didn't he say he was going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it the last time he was trying to get elected?

Take it with a pinch of salt, unless of course you like being lied to?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Id rather just cut spending.
Yeah, I have a bigger paycheck without taxes but everything costs more because of tariffs so I doubt it would make much difference.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I've heard something like this before .... a VAT tax.
Value Added Tax instead of income tax. It is a consumption tax levied on goods and services at each stage of the supply chain where value is added. It is ultimately paid by the end consumer and is based on consumption rather than income.

Dunno' how that would work.

At any rate ... the current income tax program that we have is vastly unfair and it's too complicated for the average person to deal with. I'm all for a flat tax. Everyone over a certain income level - like $60,000 a year - pays the same percentage no matter how much or how little they make.

That's fair.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

We have VAT over here and have had for ages.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   

And Harris steals this idea in 5. . . 4. . . . 3. . .

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

It sounds good but likely unenforceable.

While I can't speak on most materials I can speak on steel as an example.

So we raised tariffs on steel from certain countries, mainly China. And to that point many vendors and suppliers also do not want Chinese steels. They are sub par.

Anyway, what they would do is sell to Mexico and Canada. Rebrand, resell to the US.

So relying and trying to analyze and predict what tariffs may be raised would be quite difficult.

Although income tax should just go away because of its obsolescence.

Trump is a very successful businessman, if anyone can pull it off, it's him. Even democrats looked up to his success until they were given orders to hate him.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Vat tax adds cost at every step.
That's how euro countries pay for "free" healthcare.

Not saying it's the right or wrong approach. 🤷

People tend to see the benefits of things like universal healthcare but not the downsides. Britain's NHS has all kinds of issues. Is it better than the American system? Probably for some, not so much for others.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fdttaut

Didn't he say he was going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it the last time he was trying to get elected?

Take it with a pinch of salt, unless of course you like being lied to?

And he did but who stopped it. Was it Trump or the idiots in Congress who stopped it?

I know you will bring us crickets for your response, or you will double down on proving the truth was what we believe and you still won't believe it after proof after proof. We are bored with that here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join