It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting pilot UAP sighting-filmed from plane.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This video shows a bright orb-or two-appear,fade and reapper in view of the flight crew of a Boing 747 on a flight out of Jeddah,Saudi Arabia.

The pilot who filmed the oddity said it didn't show up on radar,and he speculates it may have been satellites-not sure about that myself as they seem to hang around too long-anyway the UFO comes into view at 20;55

www.youtube.com...

I thought it worth mentioning because its pretty rare to see a sighting from a commercial pilot.
Only a few years ago he would have been in trouble for reporting such a thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: onestonemonkey
This video shows a bright orb-or two-appear,fade and reapper in view of the flight crew of a Boing 747 on a flight out of Jeddah,Saudi Arabia.

The pilot who filmed the oddity said it didn't show up on radar,and he speculates it may have been satellites-not sure about that myself as they seem to hang around too long-anyway the UFO comes into view at 20;55

www.youtube.com...

I thought it worth mentioning because its pretty rare to see a sighting from a commercial pilot.
Only a few years ago he would have been in trouble for reporting such a thing.

Is there any information about what time of day this is supposed to have happened? Satellites are not self-luminous and can only be seen by reflected sunlight. The geometry for that occurs only within about 20 minutes after sundown or 20 minutes before sunup. This looks like the flight was late at night. Besides, this looks to be too bright for a satellite.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Neat video but the way it moved and how the light was being reflected by object reminded me of seeing satellites in orbit.

But like the other poster mentioned it’s rather bright. When I’ve viewed them is pretty much right at the horizon at the crack of dusk or dawn so they are catching the light from the other side of the planet. In this case I am unsure as well.
a reply to: onestonemonkey

edit on 12-8-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What makes this more interesting is that they are flying over remote areas of Africa, far from any major cities.

In such remote areas, light pollution is minimal, which gives them a great view, as can be seen in the video... Given the pilot's experience and the unusual behavior of the lights, this seems like a genuine UFO encounter.

I'm sure the pilot knows what satellites or other known aircraft look like, making this a legit sighting.

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It appears to move with the camera, like a reflection.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
It appears to move with the camera, like a reflection.
I also was wondering if it was some kind of reflection, but it didn't look interesting enough for me to try to figure out if it actually was.

originally posted by: imitator
I'm sure the pilot knows what satellites or other known aircraft look like, making this a legit sighting.
Well I'm not sure we can count on that. We do have a documented case where a pilot says "Ive seen a satellite re-entry before and it didn't look like that, so it wasn't a satellite re-entry", but it WAS a satellite entry, maybe one that just looked different from his prior sighting. Though in this case it looks more like a reflection than a satellite.

Anyway people give pilots way too much credit by assigning them all kinds of skills they don't actually have. Their skill set is flying the plane and avoiding collisions. They are not astronomers, and sometimes fail to recognize astronomical objects such as planets for what they are. You can even hear another pilot telling a pilot who reported a UFO over the radio that he's looking at a planet, in some collection of FAA recordings of UFO sightings that was being distributed. Another one on that collection was a meteor where the pilot had ruled out it being a meteor, incorrectly, just like the pilot who ruled out the satellite re-entry incorrectly.

new topics

top topics

join