It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I only support the truth!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PrivateAngel

What do you think?

This world has been a jungle for millions of years. It can still be a savage place at times. When looking for how things actually work, prepare for some pain, suffering, deception and ignorance along the way. Being enlightened to the full nature of man is not always a pleasant place, but its the truth.

In dealing with it, its not all like that. Most people try and do the right thing most of the time. Hopefully the long term trend of gradual improvement continues.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying and I’m the same. Never picked a ‘side’ myself. As we’ve all seen, ‘facts’ can be manu-‘fact’-ured these days. Truth is still the truth and can never be anything else. Deciding on what is the ‘truth’ is the enigma that has been created. Keep up the good fight
Ask questions

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What is your truth? Not the "truth" you've been indoctrinated into your whole life. Your core, genuine, authentic mode of being...
edit on 11-8-2024 by cherokeetroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I like truth, the trouble is that people constantly use a little bit of truth to distort what they want you to believe which is actually not real. People often recognize something they know as truth in writing or speech of deceivers and believe the rest of their tale. It is a common ad hominum tactic that is used to make us believe in something someone wants to believe is true.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

I posted this in the "us political madness" for a reason.

Now my topic is moved to "philosophy and metaphysics".

If I wanted this to be about my own truth, then I would have posted the topic here in "philosophy and metaphysics" from the start!

Anyway...

I know my own truth because I live it every day, and I do my best to do what I think is right. I might share more about my own personal truth, but again, this topic was about the madness of politics most of all.

By the way, your question does have great value.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You asked, "what do you think"

Maybe I should have stated my response differently..

What I think is before it's possible to clearly distinguish truth in the world, one must first ascertain or discover truth within themselves. Consistently evolving to align with your own truth creates your lens to the outside world. The closer you align with your truth, the easier it is to decipher truth everywhere else.

People who don't know themselves are easily controlled because they are always seeking for someone or something else to tell them what the truth is.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy

You asked, "what do you think"

Maybe I should have stated my response differently..

What I think is before it's possible to clearly distinguish truth in the world, one must first ascertain or discover truth within themselves. Consistently evolving to align with your own truth creates your lens to the outside world. The closer you align with your truth, the easier it is to decipher truth everywhere else.

People who don't know themselves are easily controlled because they are always seeking for someone or something else to tell them what the truth is.

I was trying to build a base for truth here with this

"Facts=truth"

We can have an opinion, but we can't have our own "facts" because those belong to all of us.

There are some facts that we simply cant escape like there is a Sun in our sky and there is air we can breathe on Earth. Some places it is hard to breathe the air but that doesn't mean the air doesn't exist.

What most are doing here on so called facts are stating "their opinion" and thinking it is some persons spin on facts.

The way for us all to agree on any truth is to 1st find the facts we can all say are so. Dask is good about saying facts that we see are not so to him and I can say that is kind of how all discussion should go. Only, once you are hit with "that was wrong" you "should" change your opinion. The lefties rarely do and they lose my respect for being hypocritical doing that.

The real hard part is when we are getting into the weeds on what facts are just not facts. That has to be solved in the end to come to a realization of "a truth".

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

The thing about "established facts" in the material world is they're all based on finite human understanding and limited human perception.

Fighting and arguing stems from people trying to pound their facts into everyone else's brains when none of us shares the exact, same perspective.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

There are some facts that we simply cant escape like there is a Sun in our sky

What if we lived in a world where humans didn't have eyesight. Everyone is blind therefore, it's an "established fact" that the sun doesn't exist because no one can see it. Does that mean the sun really doesn't exist because humans have agreed it's a hard, cold fact? Or does this mean that humans lack infinite wisdom and therefore, don't have the ability to establish fact based on anything outside of their own limited knowledge base.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join