It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should make 9/11 a Federal holiday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Can we all just take a minute here and remember and appreciate the vast totally vast and awe inspiring efforts of the outstanding individuals, men and women who responded to the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001?

I was thinking today about really how amazing these people were and are. Charging into a totally unknown situation, planes flown into buildings fires from the jet fuel of fully loaded commercial aircraft, billowing black smoke and people and debris falling from the towers randomly.

To keep as many people safe and out of danger and go into those buildings and try and save as many people as they could or even possibly try and extinguish the fires do you guys think maybe initially they thought they'd be able to fight them?

The health issues the survivors have had and all the run around given them from the federal government and all the many firefighters and police who died that day paid the ultimate price in the line of duty.

Duty to others. Strangers.

I think the passage of time has blurred our memories because I thought of this today and all they selflessly did that day and sat there for a minute thinking wow. All the incredible sacrifices that day and it is truly heart warming to know our country is full of men and women like this. Not afraid to take the call.

I think 9/11 should be a national holiday of recognition for the first responders. All first responders and all those who had a hand in cleaning up ground zero in the aftermath.

Congress spends a lot of time naming post offices. Why not spend some of that making 9/11 a Federal holiday?

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

"Remember, remember, the 11th of September,

Terrorism, treason and plot.

I see no reason

Why terrorism treason

Should ever be forgot."

-Guy Fawkes (most likely)

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Ummm...why...?

So that the fed stooges can take another paid holiday at your expense...?

So that the fed stooges can celebrate that infamous...inside job...?

Don't you think that the fed stooges have stolen...I mean...taken enough of the cream from the top...?

Don't you think that...that 1% milk that is all that's left over from all that...Skimming is a tad watered down...?

These also...are questions...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I think a lot of really awesome people gave their lives to try and help others and many more are still suffering from health effects.

It really doesn't matter to me inside job or whatever the motive was people still died and in the case if it was an inside job, they probably deserve a national holiday even more because that would mean all of the sacrifice was for some fakery done by the government or whoever and not an actual terrorist attack

They made Juneteenth a Federal holiday didnt they? Why not 9/11 too?

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   

If September 11th,

Why not December 07th?

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

You mean Pearl Harbor? Yes! Definitely. We need to come up with an extensive list of holidays that actually should be holidays! I know we have memorial day but these are to my knowledge the only modern attacks on American soil and anybody involved in those should definitely be remembered all the lives lost.

I mean who would really complain if we added a few more federal holidays? I get double pay on holidays, l dont personally see a downside. These events are very important events in American history that changed the entire course of our history why aren't they holidays? Of rememberance?

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It’s not a day to celebrate.

It was a very dark day and should never be allowed to become some Hallmark holiday or a day people get off of work and therefore look forward to and use for good times.

It cannot become that. It’s a day of mourning and the rat bastards who hijacked those planes should never be celebrated, even in a convoluted way.

National disasters and tragedies don’t really make for good calendar holidays.

This is why there is no ‘tsunami day’ or ‘Titanic day’ or Hurricane day or Hiroshima day FFS.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It’s been argued that Jesus was born on September 11th instead of the day currently celebrated. It’s also been suggested this is why 9/11 was the date chosen to sacrifice thousands in an act of defiance to god.

If any of this is true they will never openly celebrate this day.

new topics

top topics

join