It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two ancient North American structures crumble as tribes forewarn impending doom: ‘Bad omen’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Two ancient North American structures collapsed within just nine days of one another — with one native tribe warning the “bad omen” points to impending doom.

The Double Arch, a massive geological feature that draws thousands of tourists to Utah’s Glen Canyon National Recreation Area each year, spontaneously crumbled Wednesday, the National Parks Service said.

Less than two weeks earlier, a pyramid at the Ihuatzio Archaeological Zone in the Mexican state of Michoacán partially buckled under intense rain.

The bricks on the roughly 1,100-year-old pyramid — a significant piece of the Purépecha people’s histroy — broke apart from the central part of the southern facade and spilled onto the grass.

“For our ancestors, the builders, this was a bad omen that indicated the proximity of an important event,” Tariakuiri Alvarez told The US Sun.

“Before the arrival of the conquistadors, something similar happened, which for the Purépecha worldview of that time was because the gods Nana Kuerhaepiri and K’eri Kurikweri were displeased.”

Two ancient North American structures crumble as tribes forewarn impending doom: ‘Bad omen’

kind of disturbing when natural landmarks fail.

as I recall the 'Old Man of the Mountains' rock feature in New England collapsed not long ago.

maybe just business as usual. but maybe not.

quote from The Mothman Prophecies: 'Wake up down there!'

edit on 10.20.23 by Coelacanth55 because: add pic

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

Things aren't looking good for the world and America in particular for those who follow non-traditional ways, such as legends, prophecy, astrology and the likes.

Things aren't looking very good for those who follow traditional clues, either.

It seems we're too far along the path of self-destruction to put the breaks on now; we'll just have to rise from the ashes like the legenday phoenix.

I was just reading last night where sismologist are saying the San Andreas fault has a 60% chance of a major rupture in the next 30 years. The loss of life would be the greatest catastrophy our country has ever seen, outside of war.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Along with the recent birth of a white bison, things seem to be moving quickly.

The North American natives were far more "in touch" than we are today. Whether or not you believe their legends and prophecies, they at least merit consideration.

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

The Hopi pointed out the end of the 4th world when an eagle lands on the moon.

"The Eagle has landed."

Now we are just living through koyaanisqatsi.

The 4th world ends, the 5th begins.

~shrug~

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
We went to Yellowstone the week after the white buffalo’s birth. It was a planned vacation so we didn’t go to see him. I had no idea that he hasn’t been seen since. 😔

So many weird things happening now. I kinda have a bad feeling…

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

"The Eagle has landed."

~shrug~

Woah. I've heard a lot of NASA conspiracies but I've never heard that one.

Good find.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Does that mean the destruction of civilization/technology to put us back in balance ?

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Does that mean the destruction of civilization/technology to put us back in balance ?

"You were supposed to bring balance to the force not leave us in darkness!!!!". - OB1 Kenobi

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Definitely something happening! Maybe The Shadow Government is planning something that has been exposed by Omen? ☠️

‘Sacred Return’: Tribal ceremony honors birth of prophesied white buffalo calf

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

For the 4 Tribes (Red, White, Black, Yellow) to attempt once again to build a balanced society on this planet.

I mean, we obviously failed this time.

The only thing left according to Hopi beliefs is that a "True White Brother" tries to unite us, but ultimately fails because he cannot find enough People to join the cause.

That and so far, none of the uninitiated have witnessed a White Rattlesnake dance.

Sorry to be a Debby Downer, but all of this is part of a larger cycle that must take place.

ETA, I wrote this once in a Short Stories competition.

I Dreamed this a few years ago when I went back to a mine we stayed in for a bit when there was a fire.

I stayed at the bottom of it for I honestly don't know how many days looking for an Answer.

That is what I got.

So call it fiction or just the ramblings of an old woman if you want to.

My Cherokee name is Bright Moon.

When I earned my feather in the Hopi tribe they allowed me that name.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 100000008America/Chicago8pmSat, 10 Aug 2024 14:31:54 -050031 by Lumenari because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

"The Eagle has landed."

~shrug~

Woah. I've heard a lot of NASA conspiracies but I've never heard that one.

Good find.

Not sure it's a NASA conspiracy... it was foretold before America was colonized by Europeans.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I hope we at least get something cool like a zombie outbreak before the world ends.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

We already have that.

A bunch of useless eaters with no brains of their own over-running society to the point that they will collapse it.

I, like you, prefer the Walking Dead version.

At least it would take less time to get to the same inevitable conclusion.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Not sure it's a NASA conspiracy... it was foretold before America was colonized by Europeans.

Yes, but NASA has a long history of incorporating esoteric symbolism in to their missions.

I wouldn't be surprised if they named it this way on purpose.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

That was beautiful and disturbing at the same time. Many religions and beliefs have stories about the end of the world, but all of them seem to point in the same direction. We have squandered what we were given and it has to be reset.

You and I may be long gone when it happens or it may be next week. Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
if the toilet bowl wasn't 190 million years old and hadn't been subject to erosion during that whole time and then that of the last 60 years i might could put some stock into the legend.

lake powell was man made by flooding the glen canyon. it has risen and fell numerous times over the years, wind also helps erode away the sandstone.

the one in Mexico was only estimated to be 1100 years old and had developed cracks on the exterior which let water seep into the interior.

water can move mountains, sometimes it takes just a few years, sometimes it takes just a few hundred years, and then some times it takes millions of years.

edit on 10-8-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Wonderfully written. It struck a chord in me as well. I might bump it up.

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm a 42 year old Xennial. I've seen some sh*t.

"shrugs"

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wonder if there was any fracking going on around that area that could have effected that site. There was some land in the area opened to fracking by Trump years ago. Fracking can cause minor quakes in some areas if there are certain kinds of rock formations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join