It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric Boogaloo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Why is break dancing at the Olympics? It's about 40 years late to the game.

I guess maybe there are copyright issues that make it difficult to see the entire performance on you tube but check out this bit.

Her name is Rachel Gunn and she goes by ray gun. She is also a college professor who studies gender so whoever she teaches is prolly dumber after taking her class.

Pretty hilarious. But also just sad. WTF Olympics. Wasn't the opening ceremony and the the man beating up women enough?

It is pretty funny though.

If anyone has the full performance please post. This is a train wreck worth watching.

edit on 5311010America/Chicagoam10 by 5thHead because: 🕺

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yesterday i read in a comment somewhere that she actually was against breakdance becoming an olympic discipline. Maybe that was her statement. And i even could understand it because the olympic regularities neuter the breakdance downright. Such as two times the same move in a battle means point deduction. They even can´t chose the song they dance to, some song is played and they have to deal with it. And there was much more that i forgot because it´s useless knowledge tbh.

Breakdance doesn´t belong to the olympics and this is coming from someone who had his first battle in a contest at the age of ten in 1984 and made the third place as the youngest contestant. That is why you don´t see serious breakdancers or at least some good battles at the olympics. Everything that was called breakdance at the olympics was like watching breakdance first-timers in the youth center around the corner during a training session.

If somebody wants to watch serious breakdance and serious b-boys and -girls then watch the battle of the years or a similar contest. Or even better, go out on the streets and clubs and watch the breakdancers there, those who don´t do it for medals but out of love for music and breakdance, for respect and street-cred.

edit on 10-8-2024 by DerBeobachter2 because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-8-2024 by DerBeobachter2 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Next up to become an Olympic sporting event will be Cornhole.
edit on 10-8-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is one of those stories you'd swear is a BEE or Onion piece, only to find out it's all too real. Even goofier than break dancing and rap in and of itself, is that the cretins who produce these abominations refer to themselves as "artists".

Though she failed to score in her olympic debut, Raygun vows to keep being herself. Well, thank goodness for that! We we're worried!

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Breakdancing is not a sport.
And frankly, I don't think it's even dancing.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Breakin is fun i knew a lot of b-boys growing up. Is it a sport? Kinda............I think of it more as a competition but it does give you a workout.

Was that seriously how her whole set went because woof. She would have been laughed out of my neighborhood. Actually we probably would have made friends with her like "there goes that crazy white girl. Hey crazy white girl come show us your moves!"

Did she win? Hehehehehehehehehe

Also reminds me of this

edit on 10-8-2024 by Shoshanna because: also

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

I've seen epileptics with better moves.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   
When my son came home from boot camp I overheard him discussing break dancing with my step son. I asked what kind of 'dance' they were talking about, so my son gave me a very impressive demonstration.
Two years later he was the Army's Drill Team instructer in Germany; I guess it has it's positive aspects, besides being enjoyable to watch...but Olympic Sports quality? What's next, farting contests? Spitting or pi**ing contests?

The Olympics seems to be poised to embrace DEI to the fullest. I can't wait to see what kind of crazieness Los Angles brings in 2028!

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Farting contests ?

That's some redneck sh** right there. I'd watch that.

PBR and Bush's Baked Beans could be sponsors. First place gets a case of Charmin and a pack of new underwear.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Breakdancing? That is so last century. They covered that in Futurama. I forgot, did Yancy steal all of Fry's moves.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: nugget1

Farting contests ?

That's some redneck sh** right there. I'd watch that.

PBR and Bush's Baked Beans could be sponsors. First place gets a case of Charmin and a pack of new underwear.

I'm in Idaho; our minds work differently than the rest of the population.

The contestant from Idaho would also add in a huge bowl of popcorn for the gold medal win!

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here's a little bit more. Too funny. Is she sucking her thumb?

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
But wait. They say now xx=xy 😃

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2

Next up to become an Olympic sporting event will be Cornhole.

...and NOT the kind you play using a board with a hole in it either!!!

Like gymnastics and figure skating, just imagine some of the crazy names for the moves...(in keeping with the Opening Ceremony too)...

"Well, Sage, it looks like Raven is going to be performing a Body Wave into a double Back-In/Full-Out maneuver with a Scissor Kick into a Full Layout followed by a Mixed Grip Sit Spin, followed by a Side-Splits Double Lutz...and of course, Raven's signature move of a giant Spinning Headstand with a loud Phart at the end of its floor routine. Raven's been eating nothing but cabbage and pickled eggs for a solid week leading up to this performance, so this should be fantastic!!"

edit on 8/10/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Breakdancing is not a sport.
And frankly, I don't think it's even dancing.

Yeah, wasn't the Olympics, and most likely athleticism, based upon the trials, tactics and feats of ancient soldiers?

I don't recall any major battles won with break dancer's at the gates.🤔

What one must understand is that the insidious evil that is beset upon this world is trying its hardest to defile, foul or otherwise corrupt just about everyone and everything.

Look at what they did to Bud light or, right now, with Harley Davidson motorcycles!! They are purposely running Americana companies into the ground, destroying entire cultures and genres that make the "USA" the "USA" in the process. They are moving production of their motorcycles to Thailand of all places! What a complete betrayal to their loyal, well-established customer base, but they obviously DON'T CARE.

WHY are all these CEO replacements foreigners with absolutely NO experience in the companies they are hired to head? They only come in to implement policies adverse to profits, like the woke BS, the utter racist and insanity of DEI, the "sustainable by whatever date" garbage and a total disregard and disconnect from a WELL ESTABLISHED consumer base.

It's PURE sabotage to the company and it's shareholders, but it's okay apparently because the new CEO is still there smiling and pontificating about the company's new and "exciting" direction! (Which is straight into the ground).

Never thought you could defile the Olympics of all things, but here we are. Degenerate sexual overtones coupled with men beating up women, Olympic athletes being treated like utter 💩, food and accomodations sucks, you got assaults, robberies and harassment of the Olympians....

They are RUINING EVERYTHING on purpose. The Olympics will not be spared because they represent individualism and sovereign nations. Why are so many people upset with the Olympics in general?

Because they purposely spit on that individuality and sovereignty by pushing hedonism on countries and participants that would be undoubtedly offended and repulsed by it.

Olympic games are watched by the entire world and they want you to believe that the entire world approves of their debaucherous, sacrilegious filth, or that this is the way things are now so get with it.🙄

No thanks.

edit on 10-8-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Well, you know; let 'em do it, I say. People will just stop buying their products and they'll eventually go broke.

You know the saying..."Go WOKE, and Go BROKE!"

There's a better saying though, which has been around a lot longer, and it is..."You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!"

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 01:19 AM
link   
this is break dancing

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I saw the men's finals today. It was not very interesting to say the least. I think they justified bringing it into the Olympics because of the gymnastics aspect and the floor routines they do there.
Still that doesn't make it a "sport".

I also noticed they took the word "dancing" out of the name of the competition, just calling it "breaking' which sounds stupid.
edit on 8 11 2024 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: alwaysbeenhere2

Now THAT is some athleticism!

new topics

top topics

join