It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I didn't know that this was happening.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GotterDameron23

Except it hurts less to blame big bad Whitey for their dad being a douchebag than accept the fact that the dad that abandonned them is a douchebag because it is inherent in him, his fault.

Admitting their dad that conceived them is a douche bag also means accepting by extension that they themselves are genetically douche bags also.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (Redux)
Community Announcement re: Decorum

edit on Sat Aug 10 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
It's spelled "privilege".

'Priveledge' is an old-fashioned way to spell it. Which is why my Spell Checker didn't flag it.

I'm Old School.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It is a privilege for anyone to have two parents, especially a dad because not always but usually the man runs off once he realizes how difficult and expensive having a kid is. They don't wanna be real men. Talk a big game but they're just big pansies. Sometimes its the other way around.

My mom died when I was a little kid and my dad raised me and never even dated anyone else. I dont think it is white privilege to have two parents. It is a privilege in general to have two parents raising you together.

Who is blaming white people? I haven't seen that. Or white privilege? I haven't seen that in regard to the single mom epidemic.

It seems like YOU indeed are somewhat racist and you are stereotyping those raised by single mothers as being all BLACK! obviously you are or this wouldn't be about WHITE privilege. SEVERAL white kids I went to school with were in foster care or being raised by single moms because IT ISNT ABOUT WHITE OR BLACK. IT IS NOT WHITE PRIVILEGE. IT IS JUST A PRIVILEGE FOR ANYONE TO BE RAISED BY TWO PARENTS.

This post is just a big stereotype of black people. It has to be white privilege because the only people whose dads run away are blacks? Give me a break.

Tell me, who have you heard saying that a two parent household is white privilege. You gave no links to what you are referring to, or sources so im guessing this is just something you assume in your head.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

It is a privilege for anyone to have two parents, especially a dad because not always but usually the man runs off once he realizes how difficult and expensive having a kid is. [emphasis added]

No, it is a DECISION for anyone to have two parents.

Having two dedicated parents is not handed down. It is not an entitlement that is gifted by the government or some other authority.

Some people, white as well as minority, may have decided they deserve success so much that it should take precedence over not getting around so you don't get pregnant out of marriage, even if it means not forming networks of friends who can help you rig things to look smart.

edit on 11-8-2024 by Solvedit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It's ironic that leftists wanna call you privileged for having 2 parents when they're the ones who have done everything they can to destroy the traditional family structure and promote broken homes.

Also, when we warned them that would lead to social decay, they scoffed at the idea. And now we have a ton of social decay and they act like they dunno where it came from.
edit on 11-8-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: GotterDameron23

originally posted by: WeMustCare
You didnt know this was happening.

No, I had no idea that I'm supposed to have 'Priveledge' for having 2 parents.

And someone just pointed out that somehow I have 'Priveledge' because my parents wanted me to do good in school. Somehow that's my fault, too. And not just other parents being f***kups.

It's scary that these fools make people think they are bad if they are Normal.

It's spelled "privilege". And yes having two parents who were dedicated to keeping the home intact and participating in your life all the way through adolescence is privilege, because many parents regard the duties of procreation as optional.

If citizens of a particular background blame you for their disadvantage purely because they envy the strengths and values of your predecessors then that's a lazy and a #ty excuse to not hold themselves personally accountable for their consequences which has nothing to do with parentage and everything to do with who they decided to be as a young adult and later in life. Plenty of successful and influential people grew up with only one parent.

it's odd that today's "privilege", is yesterday's "being a responsible adult". This came with the abandonment of personal responsibility. Blame (x) because that doesn't make me feel guilty.

If the wuss generation would man up, and stop looking for places to point to, other than the culprit, we might have a fighting chance as a nation. Not holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join