It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I didn't know that this was happening.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Somehow I'm considered to have 'Privilege' for having 2 Parents growing up.

Should I be thankful about that? Absolutely!

But to call it 'Privilege'? I'm pretty sure people are using that word wrong in that context. Calling it 'Privilege' belies that having 2 Parents growing up is supposed to be Normal.

Hey, I'm sorry their Dad wasn't there for them growing up. That's called having Sympathy.

If their Dad died or was killed somehow, I'm very sorry that happened to them.

But, if their Dad took off and left their Mom and them to fend for themselves?

That makes their Dad an asshole. And someone should really kick him in the nuts.

And neither, for a single second... IS MY FAULT!

I didn't keep their Dad from them.

If I had things better than someone, blame their Dad. Don't blame White People. Having something in my life be Normal isn't Privilege - not the way they are describing it.

I'm not supposed to feel bad because their Dad let them down.

They're shifting the blame.

Blame their Dad. And stop pretending what happened to them was Normal.

Because I'm only going to feel bad for them if their Dad died or was killed somehow. But they're not oppressed by White People if their Dad died.

And they're not oppressed by White People if their Dad is an asshole. They were oppressed by their asshole Dad.

This idea that it makes me a bad person because their Dad let them down is an illogical lack of Common Sense. This is Madness.

Why hasn't anyone shot this down. Any Politician who believes that White People are the blame because someone's Dad is an asshole is an idiot who should never be elected.
edit on 892024 by GotterDameron23 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GotterDameron23

Did they ever read to you? That was also privilege and gave you an unfair advantage that you do not deserve.

Can you do math? Can you add, subtract, multiply and divide? You are a racist.

Are you not a drug addict? No? That gives you an edge above drug addicts and is unfair to drug addicts, so you'd better get on the drugs, buddy!

You know I could go on and on and on with this, but it's really all become so damned tiring. The lowest uncommon denominator must now be the measurement by which we are all measured.

:
edit on 2024 8 9 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You didnt know this was happening.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GotterDameron23

If their Dad died or was killed somehow, I'm very sorry that happened to them.

But, if their Dad took off and left their Mom and them to fend for themselves?

Some say children can result when the parents use rapport to cheat on exams or work. They need not even have ever met.

It's a hidden cost of DEI.

The liberal term is "jackfruit."
edit on 9-8-2024 by Solvedit because: added a sentence.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 10:13 PM
link   

But to call it 'Privilege'? I'm pretty sure people are using that word wrong in that context. Calling it 'Privilege' belies that having 2 Parents growing up is supposed to be Normal.

No kidding, mom's and dad's have to really be committed to make a family, they really need to support oneanother but I bet you didn't know this. Seriously, dad's are the deciding factor and dad's have to be there for their sons and daughters. We all know it takes two, a mom & a dad but just watch this and you may be surprised what you see. Here is the proof, very good!

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

No, I had no idea that I'm supposed to have 'Priveledge' for having 2 parents.

And someone just pointed out that somehow I have 'Priveledge' because my parents wanted me to do good in school. Somehow that's my fault, too. And not just other parents being f***kups.

It's scary that these fools make people think they are bad if they are Normal.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well, I had two parents when I grew up. And after my Dad died when I was eighteen, my mother married someone she knew many years before , so I had a mother and stepfather after my dad died. That marriage lasted till they died/

So If they consider that being privileged, I am glad I now can say I am privileged without lying by saying it. I worked hard to earn my money when I worked.

Gee, it feels kinda nice to say I am privileged.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I’m sorry sir, but the progressives will not allow equal opportunity.
That’s not sufficient for them.
They will do everything the can, laws be damned, to insure everyone gets equality of outcome regardless of their merit.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   

It's not just Fathers ....Mothers also abandon kids or family...or may have died....I do see your point as far as if being raised by both is a privilege or not

I feel there can be pros and cons to both sides...meaning with both or without one...everyone is dif

The Rise of Single Fathers - Link

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I had 2 parents... but the truth is my dad was a complete ***t and ruined me, i am 60 i a few weeks and still suffer because of him, i am a damaged adult because i had 2 parents no love and lots of attacks by my so called dad, anyway privilege it was not...

All the best

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:30 AM
link   

My father was in my life, lived with my mom as a roommate basically in an unhappy marriage. I don't remember him ever just smiling at me when greeting me. Or a spontanious hug etc, or a hug for that matter. Never off course said he loved me.
He may as well have not been a part of my life. In fact, I'm now convinced I would have been better of without him in my life.
You are so right, it's asshole fathers that are to blame, certainly nothing to do with 'white privilige' or such BS.

Sounds like another divide and conquer technique.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Huh. I'm white, never knew my father, my step father beat the crap out of me and left when I was 7. I didn't have a clue how to be a father and so had no children.

Again, I'm white. Where's my privilege? This privilege crap is getting on my nerves.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   
So,
The idea seems to be that if everyone is to be equal, than a certain demographic is going to have to come down to another's level.
So those that are happy, educated to a certain degree and are getting along with their lives. Are now supposed to what, dumb themselves down? Feel sorry for people who didn't try, didn't struggle to make rent, bills etc. ???
We are privileged for leading a fairly normal life ???

GTFO. Seriously, go away with that rubbish.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge2
So,
The idea seems to be that if everyone is to be equal, than a certain demographic is going to have to come down to another's level.

It's the other way around. If they portray themselves as being held back, they will then entitle themselves to extra assistance catching up and being paid back for their mistreatment at the hands of the establishment. They may want cash in lieu of being trained in family values.
edit on 10-8-2024 by Solvedit because: redirect

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is the icing on the DEI cake! Unbelievable!

What will they think up next???? I'm "white privileged" because I'm NOT a pregnant, drug addicted, illegal alien, and convicted murderer who bangs corpses and identifies as a fire hydrant???

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
They may think sleeping around gives them the telepathic power to be as smart as the people they've been with.

I don't know if I believe in telepathy, it just seems a little foolish to not acknowledge that it may be what they think.

They even believe just thinking about someone can let you channel their spirit....and get pregnant at a distance without sex.

Denial? I don't know. Maybe they want to wish the father was someone other than the partner whose life is on the skids.

Anyway, one of the points of coloring all differences caused by oppression may be the belief that they have to break intelligent peoples' identification with their own intelligence.

Then, so the belief seems to go, the intelligent wouldn't realize their smarts were being channeled. Because they think all humans are equally capable except for the real outliers. Unless they do a lot of mindfulness meditation and metta, so the belief goes.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I don't think it's just a black thing.
edit on 10-8-2024 by Solvedit because: redirect

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
They say dumb crap like that lol everything is privilege to them unless your of African descent or identify as a house plant.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: GotterDameron23

originally posted by: WeMustCare

No, I had no idea that I'm supposed to have 'Priveledge' for having 2 parents.

And someone just pointed out that somehow I have 'Priveledge' because my parents wanted me to do good in school. Somehow that's my fault, too. And not just other parents being f***kups.

It's scary that these fools make people think they are bad if they are Normal.

It's spelled "privilege". And yes having two parents who were dedicated to keeping the home intact and participating in your life all the way through adolescence is privilege, because many parents regard the duties of procreation as optional.

If citizens of a particular background blame you for their disadvantage purely because they envy the strengths and values of your predecessors then that's a lazy and a #ty excuse to not hold themselves personally accountable for their consequences which has nothing to do with parentage and everything to do with who they decided to be as a young adult and later in life. Plenty of successful and influential people grew up with only one parent.

edit on 10-8-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I'd say you were " blessed" to have two parents, as was I.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join