It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns airlines to avoid its airspace for 3 hours on Thursday over military drills, Egypt says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Egypt has said its received a warning from Iran to avoid its airspace for 3 hours tonight for “military drills”.

This could just be bluster to keep Israel on their toes while the world awaits a reaction for the bomb in Tehran.

Or this could be the timing of a possible barrage.

Egypt’s Civil Aviation Ministry says it's ordered Egyptian airlines to avoid Iranian airspace for three hours on Thursday after a notice from Tehran to do so because of military exercises

The ministry said the ban from Iranian airspace was to last for three hours, 4:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. on Thursday. Iran’s warning also covered three hours earlier on Wednesday, the ministry added.

12:30-3:30am EST
ABC

If it doesn’t happen tonight, the Olympics end Sunday night and the Jewish holiday Tisha B'Av is on Tuesday. That could be another possible time frame.

Edit: I assumed the time in the original link was GMT, but it’s not listed. Reuters is showing 1-4am GMT or 9pm-12am EST
reuters
edit on 7-8-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If Iran is trolling, they're doing a great job.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

They very well may be. But they’ll have to save face and do some type of response.

Hopefully it’s like April where all the heads up gives time to intercept.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Think of all the resources being wasted in anticipation.

Not trying to minimize your topic, just saying.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Wow Iran is soo full of themselves that they are now telling the rest of world how their rules work.

Interesting, how this terrorist sponsoring countries are getting bolder and bolder, but I guess everybody knows why.

I guess that is when they are planning a combine attack with drones on Israel again, I forgot now they have Russian rockets
edit on 7-8-2024 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

They very well may be. But they’ll have to save face and do some type of response.

Hopefully it’s like April where all the heads up gives time to intercept.

Not seeing anything yet on Discord or Twitter

FWIW the NOTAM WAS 12,000 feet and under

Iran is likely doing drills and exercises
edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Think of all the resources being wasted in anticipation.

Not trying to minimize your topic, just saying.

No, you’re right.

Air craft carriers aren’t cheap to move around. Not to mention it’s reported we sent out around a dozen F-22s and some F-18s in anticipation.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It already happen? I guess nothing see anymore, it was just a drill after all.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They may see this as bait.

The guy Israel killed was complicit in Oct 7th, and a coward for not even being in the territory he represents. He deserved to die, but a bomb did go off in Irans capitol.

That said, the timing and execution is open to scrutiny IMO.

It’s no secret Netanyahu has been trying to enlist the US to help fight Iran. This is probably the best time to do it since we’re in a very tense political cycle. If we left them out to dry, it would almost be a sure loss for Kamala. Biden, his admin, and the broader left would have to provide heavy assistance to one of our biggest allies.

Now, that’s me spit balling, and I’m not saying that’s absolutely what’s going on. I am just trying to see it at all angles.

This very well may just fizzle out like a lot of tense situations over there. And I truly hope it does. This would be a win against hamas if it doesn’t escalate.
edit on 7-8-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There's a possibility Hezbollah or Israel will strike first.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Still 2 hours...

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Iran is probably launching another 300 drones to help Israel improve its shooting skills.

Israel is seeking a 100% score this time. Only 99% were shot down in April 2024.

April 2024: apnews.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It looks like all the money Biden piled on top of Obama's for Iran is beginning to pay off.

Will a war keep the incumbent party in office? Most of their base favors Hamas and the radical groups by extension; it could get diecy for their campaign.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Will a war keep the incumbent party in office? Most of their base favors Hamas and the radical groups by extension; it could get diecy for their campaign.

I don’t think that a war with Iran would benefit anyone right now.

At best, I think the only entity who may have a case for it benefiting them would be Israel, with the caveat we assist. It could potentially stop the nuclear program. But war is dicey and israel is but a sliver of land. While they and the US are far more capable than Iran, there’s also a razor thin margin, especially considering the iron dome could be exhausted.

I don’t think most of the left favors hamas. I’m sure some of the Islamic faction does and maybe a few handfuls of young people who don’t understand the world.

If I had to take a guess, if we looked at the left and those who are critical of the situation, I’d bet many just don’t want us to be involved rather than being “pro hamas”.

Just like many on the right don’t want us involved with Ukraine, but that doesn’t make them pro Russian.

Problem is, if you’re pro Ukraine or pro Israel, they’re one and the same. Who just sent an envoy to Iran, followed with SAMs? That would be Russia.

There’s many proxy wars on the table, and this is one of them.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:13 PM
link   

All good points, CT; thank you!

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:21 PM
link   
So in other words, they are planning to bomb Israel in a few hours. It could be a ploy to leak info out so Israel reposition it's defenses now, leaving it more susceptible at that time.

If I were planning to attack, I would use some strategies to fool the other side to increase effectiveness of an attack.

But then again, I never got into anything war except for playing board games of risk. So I am very unreliable as a source.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Will Iran take the bait, like a big rat?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:58 AM
link   
So far no one mentioned that Egypt and Iran don't share a border let alone air space.

With over a thousand miles separating them, this is curious.

So yes, more attacks on Israel through the Iranian proxies is my guess.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Iran is probably launching another 300 drones to help Israel improve its shooting skills.

Israel is seeking a 100% score this time. Only 99% were shot down in April 2024.

April 2024: apnews.com...

But only with the help of the US military and Jordan, both shot down an awful lot of these drones/rockets.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Looks like this one was a dud. I was watching it too, but a number of interesting NOTAMs have gone out in the last week or so that we thought might be indicative of an Iranian attack, and they all passed without significant incident. Still the waiting game.

Now it's being reported Iran might pussy out and just let Hezbollah do it and watch Lebanon suffer the brunt of Israel's wrath.

top topics

join