It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Plot Against Taylor Swift Concert in Vienna Narrowly Foiled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm not a Taylor Swift fan. I don't think I've ever heard anything by her. But I do know she's a big deal around the world. News coming out now is that police in Vienna have foiled an ISIS terrorist attack against a Taylor Swift concert. Arrests have been made. Bomb making materials were found. This is a credible plot that was foiled. Not much other information is out yet. It is not said how the police came to know of the plot or of the people engaged in it, etc etc. Some of her concerts have been cancelled out of caution.

This would have been a very big deal if it had been pulled off.

ISIS Plot Against Taylor Swift Concert in Vienna Narrowly Foiled

Three Taylor Swift shows have been canceled on the European leg of her Eras tour after police narrowly thwarted an ISIS plot to attack her concerts in Vienna — and authorities warned there could be other threats.

Swift’s sold-out Vienna shows – slated for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday – were called off after the terror scare, her Austrian show promoter Barracuda announced.

“With confirmation from government officials of a planned terrorist attack at Ernst Happel Stadium, we have no choice but to cancel the three scheduled shows for everyone’s safety,” the promoter said in a post on Instagram.

Two suspects — a 19-year-old living in his parents’ house near Vienna, along with another man — were arrested Wednesday after police raided the home, according to the Austrian outlet Kronen Zeitung.

A bomb squad found various chemicals and substances potentially being used to make explosives, and evacuated the home.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Taylor Swift is brill , love the Dark lyrics.. they usually mean so much.

She is a Goddess too.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Without a shot fired all of the Swifties are onboard to bomb the Middle East.

Who did she date, dump and write a song about that has them so upset?

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Edit: Nevermind, I don’t know her, does she know you? Does she care about you?
edit on 7-8-2024 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I wonder how much the naive young people love Islamic terrorism now.

Probably still alot.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Don't be so sure. Islamists murder gays and gay progressives still support and defend them.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   
*** CLUTCHES PEARLS ***

Thank the progressive Gods that this plot was foiled .... Think of the ISLAMOPHOBIA that would have ensued if the terrorists had succeeded....

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I’m happy to hear they foiled the plot. I have heard several of her songs on the radio and enjoyed a few of her music videos on YouTube but she is not my favorite artist and I don’t necessarily care that much for certain attitudes I believe she may have. Those are what I believe are common attitudes among modern women. I usually try to avoid any interactions with women displaying such attitudes but it doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy some of her YouTube videos. Bad Blood is the name of one song and YouTube video I have enjoyed. Wouldn’t want there to be new bad blood between the music artist and the concert promoters if it was not safe to hold the concerts. It’s sad that there are people who only desire to hurt others. I generally believe Taylor Swift tries to do what is right with her fans even if that means less profit by not holding concerts if it possibly saved lives.
edit on 7-8-2024 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Swifties hate Trump, democrats are swifties even though the large gaggle of swifties arent old enough to vote. This will somehow be blamed on Trump.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I wonder how much more will come out about this.

From what very little info we have right now it appears there was a young adult and an older male involved. Sounds like some of the stories of these bombers where someone is grooming the killer.

I wonder if the younger one has an interesting name. Like Joker, or Crooks, or As if.

This threat may be more domestic than it appears. The American entertainment industry is a dark place.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

Don't be so sure. Islamists murder gays and gay progressives still support and defend them.

They are future Darwin Award winners it seems.

They are on that slow motion train wreck. They still have some time to get off before it crashes. It's looking like they won't.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Wouldn’t the attack actually be about the young people attending the concert?

Wouldn’t they be the actual target of convenience?

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Wouldn’t the attack actually be about the young people attending the concert?

Wouldn’t they be the actual target of convenience?

Correct!

Their hearts and minds.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I guarantee you have heard her music, you just don't know it is her.

There are many CT about this woman. I will not get into that.

She is very good at what she does. And to be honest, I think she is more of a brand than a performer now.

What would take Mr Branding off the top of the fold? (Trump)

A near miss of Ms. Branding.

Just spitballin.

edit on 7-8-2024 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

Edit: Nevermind, I don’t know her, does she know you? Does she care about you?

???? What kind of post is this? It makes no sense.
This is a news story and I'm posting it for discussion.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

I dunno. I don't play the radio when driving. I don't have the radio on at the house. The only music I hear is what is playing at the supermarket when I'm grocery shopping. Whatever doodle music they are playing over the loudspeakers. When I was young I listened to the radio ... now, not at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:58 AM
link   

All of them😁

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

???? What kind of post is this? It makes no sense.
This is a news story and I'm posting it for discussion.

I assumed they said something snarky and then thought better of it so they came back and deleted their post.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: theatreboy

I dunno. I don't play the radio when driving. I don't have the radio on at the house. The only music I hear is what is playing at the supermarket when I'm grocery shopping. Whatever doodle music they are playing over the loudspeakers. When I was young I listened to the radio ... now, not at all.

Music is super healthy for the mind.
Put on some JS Bach.
YouTube has some channels with super long Bach playlists.
He was a musical, mathematical genius.
I’ll get you started

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Apparently the plan was for one of them to drive a car into the crowd outside the venue while the other was going to start stabbing as many people as he could before detonating a bomb belt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join