It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More and more Americans are converting to Orthodoxy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

In addition to the large number of Hollywood actors who have converted to Orthodoxy, many ordinary Americans accept this religion. According to the Telegram channel "Economy and Applications",

“The son of one of the most famous conservative journalists in the United States, Alex Jones, is preparing to convert to Orthodoxy.

Rex Jones became a catechumen - today in the USA, as well as in many parishes in Russia, the ancient practice is being revived, in which a person who decides to accept Orthodoxy undergoes a long stage of catechumen: learning the basics of the Faith. Rex wants to be baptized with the name Vladimir - in honor of our Equal-to-the-Apostles Grand Duke.

Orthodoxy is increasingly attracting the traditionally minded part of American society. Over the past decade, we can talk about a qualitative leap: people are moving from various Protestant denominations, both individually and as entire communities."

This makes me happy. Russia is now the global stronghold of a dying Western civilization. Russians defend conservative universal human values. I only have one thing left to say:

Welcome, brothers and sisters!

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The only orthodoxy I am seeing here lately in our area is with people demanding proper confusion of pronoun use with relation to sexual changes. Poor kids, they don't even know if they should say he or she anymore. Some are demanding that we call everyone they, which is confusing since they stands for more than one....I asked my daughter if she wanted to come to a dinner, and she said her and her husband would be there....I asked if they had the kids and if they were coming. She said yes, they are coming...she should have said they is coming because the oldest daughter considers herself they. We planned for six total, there were only five...also we made a separate thing for the boy, he did not come. My daughter cannot even get things right when using this new world pronoun crap...they is coming not are coming.

The USA is going nuts here, I hope you don't have this kind of stuff in your country.

(post by BernnieJGato removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

We also have about a quarter million new Ukrainian immigrants the last few years.

Putin sure is really good at scattering orthodox adherents to all corners of the globe!

We have tens of thousands in my city alone that recently arrived. It offset the local declines many Christian denominations were seeing. And several Orthodox churches have seen a large uptick in attendance since 2022.

Also seen large gains in The Catholic Jesus Christo with Latin immigrants.

Also how much denial do you live in as Putin supporter?

I mean instead of inferring Putin's megalomamiac policies have given rise to an Orthodox diaspora, you instead infer it must be the prowess and greatness of Russian culture doing it.

I love all our new Orthodox immigrants, and I think even they'd agree the rise in US Orthodox attendance couldn't have been done without Putin, and his imperialist fantasy our new brothers and sisters want no part of.

edit on 7-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hello, it is for these reasons, among other things, that normal people are drawn to and move to live in Russia!

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33
I understand from your comment that you have nightmares about Putin every night)))
Cool down, Putin has a lot of other things to do))))

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Hello, it is for these reasons, among other things, that normal people are drawn to and move to live in Russia!

"Normal people" are leaving Russia in big numbers.

Russian emigration during RUssian Invasion of Ukraine

Following the Russian invasion of Ukraine that started in late February 2022, more than 300,000 Russian citizens and residents are estimated to have left Russia by mid-March 2022, at least 500,000 by the end of August 2022,[not verified in body] and an additional 400,000[1] by early October, for a total of approximately 900,000. This number includes economic migrants, conscientious objectors, and some political refugees.

Russia Times - 4 Million People Left Russia in 2022

More than 3.8 million Russians have left the country in the first three months of 2022, according to data from Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) published this week.

1.3 Million Estimated to have Left Russia in 2022

There are no exact figures on how many people have left Russia - but estimates vary from hundreds of thousands to several million.

In May the UK Ministry of Defence estimated 1.3 million people leaving Russia in 2022.

Other estimates of figures from various sources confirm the trend. Forbes magazine cited sources inside the Russian authorities as saying that between 600,000 and 1,000,000 people left in 2022. The Bell and RTVi - popular Russian-language media - published comparable figures

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You can believe your own propaganda. How many Jews left Israel after the start of the war? 15%! And this number is growing.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I thought it said "More Americans Are Converting To Oxycontin!"

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You my friend, are full of it, nobody is moving to Russia in droves.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The only thing I take from this thread is how many Russians are truly on here, ready at a moment's notice to add 10 stars and flags to unflinchingly pro-Russian propaganda.

Please continue.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Good evening Russian Troll
I just stopped by to say Hi.
I don't often agree with you, but i like you.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlroyFarms

I thought it said "More Americans Are Converting To Oxycontin!"

That ship has sailed. Now since doctors FINALLY discovered it was addictive, they are not allowed to give it out like candy on Halloween anymore. So now the people that got addicted to it have to get it or other drugs from illegal drug dealers instead of legal ones pretty much.

It was an excellent response you gave..

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus

You my friend, are full of it, nobody is moving to Russia in droves.

Peace.

I did read that there were some Russians here in the USA that did move back to Russia. Not a lot, but some. The article stated that they moved back there because of people persecuting them because they were Russian immigrants.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:30 AM
link   

A single post on Russian social media is your only proof now RT, can your threads get any worse??? In my opinion the mods should label all your threaads with a "Known Russian State Propaganda" label.

I really think the Russian state are causing it's people to become delusional after being feed Putins lies 24/7.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Good evening Russian Troll
I just stopped by to say Hi.
I don't often agree with you, but i like you.

Hello to you too, my friend!

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   

You can believe your own propaganda.

No, propaganda is what YOU do.
I posted facts. Deal with it.
Millions have left Russia in the past few years.

How many Jews left Israel after the start of the war? 15%! And this number is growing.

No. You will have to post some credible information to back that up with. SOME dual citizens have left Israel and gone to the other countries they are citizens of. But there is nothing online showing anything even close to what you are claiming. Oh .. and a lot of Jews from around the world have gone to Israel to help fight in the war against the 'palestinian' aggressors.

And it's interesting ... you always end up diverting the topic to Israel and/or the Jews. You are obsessed with them, and in a negative manner. Your antisemite nature is coming through again.

edit on 8/8/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   

A lot of them are into the likes of Scientology also.

What's you're point?

Considering said crowd are not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed.

Let me guess more Russian propaganda and nonsense.

Anyhoo, and as always, down with Putin's Russian scum invasion farce and freedom to Ukraine.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Following the Russian invasion of Ukraine that started in late February 2022, more than 300,000 Russian citizens and residents are estimated to have left Russia by mid-March 2022, at least 500,000 by the end of August 2022,[not verified in body] and an additional 400,000[1] by early October, for a total of approximately 900,000.

Pot kettle black. x

top topics

<<   2 >>

join