It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Step In The Right Direction For Louisiana

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If this thread has been made elsewhere please feel free to direct to that thread, but I was unable to find one.

As of August 1st, 2024, any convicted of rape, molestation, incest, or any other sexual crimes against a minor under the age of 13 in the state of Louisiana can be sentenced to surgical castration under this new law.

www.newsweek.com...

This, in my opinion, is a HUGE step in the right direction to make the effort of deterrence for sexual crimes on minors. Now yes, there are many avenues this bill could go down to further it's effectiveness but this is a great start.

I think this should be expanded to include any minors that could be affected by these acts, or even anyone who commits these acts on anyone.

I am of the firm belief that if you are proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, to have committed any of these acts on a minor, the punishment should be mandatory not optional.

I also think that it should be able to be retroactive to those that have already been convicted of these crimes, not just those found guilty after the bill went into affect.

There are those that have already come out stating that this punishment is "cruel and unusual", but so is raping a 10 year old. I have no sympathy for someone who would commit such a heinous act.

I hope, once this bill is enforced and we hopefully see the positive results of it, that more states will follow suit and continue the effort to protect children.

I know I will not be alone in this thought, but I also know that there will be those that appose this bill for any number of reasons.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

I think the death penalty is the only option for such vile crimes , without getting graphic would chemical casttration stop these scumbags having the same thoughts and surely they could still harm another child with other means

I no psychologist but I don’t think people (I use that term loosely) like that can be rehabilitated

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

I don't disagree with you, that's why I said it was a step in the right direction.

I am a firm believer that a dead pedo won't rape another kid. But people have problems with that for some odd reason.

We are making progress, still a lot of ground to make up but we got the ball rolling here. Now, let's keep it going and really pick up momentum with other states getting on board.

Hopefully that gives the push to go a step further and get rid of those useless POS that do this to kids all together.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I agree.
If you can't put them to death, I guess this is the next best thing.

Vile human beings they are.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I wouldn't even call them humans at this point

Not worth anything to anyone.

Now, we could always start taking them up and feeding them to the polar bears. Kill two birds with one stone. Get rid of our pedo problem and help feed a decreasing species. Win win

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I can get behind this. Maybe death would be a copy/paste offense. I know whom which will cry about this. Well done Louisiana
I’d be happier for a more surgical strike though.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kaiju666

I could see that being a repeat offender punishment. But, as always, you start bringing the death penalty into the equation then you have all of these activist groups getting involved and its a pain in the a$$.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I wonder how the law applies to females that are also former mayors.

Ex-Louisiana mayor is arrested and accused of raping minor following abrupt resignation

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Well, if you bothered to read the article, if she is found guilty on or before August 1st 2024, then she would be eligible for the punishment.

Reading comprehension is your best friend.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Public hanging would be a better deterrent but yeah, it's a step in the right direction.
edit on 7-8-2024 by Moon68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Maybe even have a lottery of the victims parents to pull the lever?

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Maybe even have a lottery of the victims parents to pull the lever?

As emotionally satisfying as that would be, in my opinion, the execution should be carried out by a dispassionate third party.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Fair enough.

Who do we need to talk to down there to get this ball rolling, Troy Landry?

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Fair enough.

Who do we need to talk to down there to get this ball rolling, Troy Landry?

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Great idea!

I think it should go further and include more degenerates.

Any adult who allows or influences a minor to undergo gender affirming medical treatment should be awarded the same punishment.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Tim Walz Signed a Bill Redefining the Term "Sexual Orientation" to INCLUDE PEDOPHILES. The upcoming election is going to be critical for anyone who finds children being used as sex objects loathsome.

The very heartbeat of America is in jeopardy and personally I think this should be the number one, top priority issue in our country. Our children are the heart of America and its future.
If we damage them beyond repair by pandering to less than 6% of the population; allowing them to be chemically and surgically castrated while legalizing their use as sex toys by adults there will be no future.

I do not want to live in a country or world that condones the vile acts of destroying children's lives for the sake of DEI or political pandering.

That we even need to have this discussion in America is one of the most-no! it is the most troubling issues to face our country in my 75 years as a citizen that was once very proud of my country. Dissapointment and shame in the growing minority that favors such policies doesn't even begin to cover my state of mind.

I'd tell you how I really feel but DTOM runs a tight ship; I know she'd drop the ban hammer on me-and rightfully so!

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Tim Walz Signed a Bill Redefining the Term "Sexual Orientation" to INCLUDE PEDOPHILES. The upcoming election is going to be critical for anyone who finds children being used as sex objects loathsome.

Do you have a link to this bill that we can see and read? Genuinely curious to see it

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It is a step in the right direction but I can see 2 problems.

The cruel and unusual punishment defense that any good lawyer would play.

And we'd have to set aside astronomical paydays for wrongful convictions.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
if the punishment for the crime is severe enough, and it gets prosecuted and not skipped over, the crime will slow way down or stop. If there is no real punishment for a crime, it will become the norm. Hurt a child, and you get turned over to the angry mob and nobody sees nothing till it's over. that would just about do it. But this is as you said, a step in the right direction.

edit on 7-8-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   

a reply to: nugget1

Do you have a link to this bill that we can see and read? Genuinely curious to see it

You can type in 'Tim Walz Signed a Bill Redefining the Term "Sexual Orientation" to INCLUDE PEDOPHILES' and pick your source. Not going to list any specifically and get attacked for 'that's not a credible site', but there should be one to satisify everybody's prefference.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join